Author Topic: Will wings change Feral Heart?  (Read 9404 times)

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
Re: Will wings change Feral Heart?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 08:51:27 pm »
i actually think that the wings craze will die out at some time and you'll see just as much wingless animals as much as animals with wings.a lot of people are using wings right now and the FH sky might look like my window when birds are going south for the winter but thats because that the wings are new. that's just my opinion though

Offline Silvertail12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Quack o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 11:10:26 pm »
i think the new wings were fun at first, but now with the WingedFH, things began to get a little more supernatural. even fan chars who dont have wings (like Gin from the Ginga series) had wings. there are no more rps that dont involve wings and almost everyone has wings. i only saw 4 wingless wolves. i also saw a flying banana....but i agree they were cool at first, but now they're just...

Offline Raoran

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Don't forget about taking care of yourself. Love u
    • Raoran
    • Flyingtoyoublue
    • Shira_Wolf
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 11:39:47 pm »
Wings changed LONG time ago my friend. Back in IT wings were constant. But enough about IT.

FH now has more fantasy Roleplays  than realistic. Almost as if realistic is a dying breed when it comes to wings in FH. Heck, even I have a character with wings... Mainly for roaming around though.
Anyways, people might lose interest because they can't find their type of RPs. People won't be able to keep groups up since everyone likes wings now. I do think it'll calm down, within a few months.

For items, I think they're not much of a big deal. Nothing bad here, though I'm looking forward to new items if it continues!

Offline sixflagz

• Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 03:31:25 pm »
I find the wings take the "feral" out of "FeralHeart". This game was suppose to be more realistic, but after the wings, fantasy RPs and winged RPs barge in. I have seen some ads for wingless RPs in Flourite, but rarly. Yes, I do actually have 2 winged characters, but that's because they are speices with wings. Wings were pretty cool in IT, but in FH, I feel wings are becoming overrated.

Now, for the items, I feel it's not a problem. It's better than in IT where everyone was fighting for items. I actually like the items better than the wings.

Just giving my opinion, I'm not wanting to start a fight.

Offline rocky

• Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Rocky and the pic are copyrighted to me, DONOT use
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 05:28:48 pm »
.Personally I think it will die down after awhile. Kovu added them due to popular demand I belive just like the same reason he added the wolf model. However, there are many realstic lion/big cat or wolf/canine rps out there but there more in there own private sector aka there own map. I do think this phase may change fh in the more general areas such as bonfire or fluorite  but as a whole FH is so diverse I really dont think it would really make a great change to the game.

However, items i think kill it. This game was meant to be more realistic, and animals running around with items? idk seems a bit much. It dosent kill the game but the idea of realism does and to go back to my earlier point if alot more realistic rps are in their old map then when new comers come looking for reality it may confuse them. In the end its a 50 50 thing but itll sure die down after a while.

My personal opinion if wanted, I liked fh before they added wings and items.  I been a member since January 6th 2011 and I liked the natural feel to the game but to each his own. I like my pride realistic and my character  but others may not be into that. So just like the others thats why my rp is held more in our own map but I agree with you all, I prefer the wingless FH as well.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:40:01 pm by frankie »

Offline HowlStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 10:45:00 pm »
I believe this wing-craze will, slowly, die down. I've been able to find a few wingless rps, but most are winged or both winged and non-winged. I'm in an RP where both are allowed...I am one of the two wingless members of my group. It's pretty sad actually xD

Back to the subject: wings. I cant comment about IT here, as I have never played it. But I've seen videos and pictures. I think the wings look a little better...i mean...they aren't 2D like some of the ones in IT looked.

Stay on the subject, Larka! - Wings...I have only three winged chars, but two of them should have wings because of their species. I mean come on, you can't blame someone if they have a dragon char or some other winged species. I know they could make a normal lion instead, but maybe they dun like lions or wolves or whatever xD. So yes, wings have definitely changed the game. It's taken most of the realism out of it.

But since when was FeralHeart realistic?

If the game were truly realistic, we wouldn't have blue wolves and red lions running around. And some of the maps don't contribute to any realism, either. I'm pretty sure there aren't any islands with floaty platforms made for climbing in the real world. So in conclusion, I dun mind the wings, even though I dont use them a lot. Fly as you will.

As for the items? I dun care about them either, as long as you don't need to find them randomly around maps. I'd absolutely hate to see FH turn into a pointless, item-obsessed game.
FORMERLY KNOWN AS LARKA

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 10:47:32 pm »

But since when was FeralHeart realistic?

If the game were truly realistic, we wouldn't have blue wolves and red lions running around. And some of the maps don't contribute to any realism, either. I'm pretty sure there aren't any islands with floaty platforms made for climbing in the real world.
well in the FH trailers (or something like that with them talking?) they said it wouldn't matter if they where green,blue, or even neon. it still kept the concept of feral

Offline HowlStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 10:53:26 pm »
Well it's not very realistic xD That was just a point I wanted to get across. Purple tigers may be considered feral, but not realistic :3 But that's just my opinion.
FORMERLY KNOWN AS LARKA

Offline ShadowFang01

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • ShadowFang0
    • xxxWolvesHeartxxx
    • xxxWolvesHeartxxx
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 02:48:24 am »
I've been playing feral heart for a long time and I must say that I LOVE that we are able to use wings now. I hope you add more items we could use on our characters because that would be totally AWSOME!!!   :D

scourge

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 02:58:45 am »
I Will agree with the others here that the wing craze will never disappear and that the wings themselves don't actually suit the models, I myself add wings to my characters to make them at least look like my characters(because some of them have wings in my drawings of them) even though they still look inaccurate(due to the wing textures and I still need to make my presets)

I think the item equip option to be better than the old 'hunt them down' thing as it'll stop people whining about being unable to get certain items(unless I missed something in the time I've been away from FH).