Poll

What would you think of it?

It would be so awesome!
I wouldn't really mind.
Heeeck naw!
I like cupcakes. :P

Author Topic: If you could actually fight in Feral-Heart?  (Read 5442 times)

Offline Kalaban

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • #TooLazy
    • View Profile
Re: If you could actually fight in Feral-Heart?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 08:52:40 pm »
If it were created only for group battles, as a way to simulate role-play fighting even more? Maybe even fighting a prey-animal that you hunted (if that ever happened) I could see this as a good thing. However, the battles must be mutual and only groups who accepted the challenge would be available to be attacked. :)

This would also be pretty fun as territory fighting (IE PRIVATE MAPS SHH) For a map that has multiple groups on it (EVERYTHING COMPLETELY CONSENSUAL.)
In-game Username: Kalaban

Offline RisingDemise

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm a part of too many fandoms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 12:56:40 am »
If fighting existed in FeralHeart, I would do what I do while playing Splatoon.... SPAWN KILLING >:D Though tbh I think fighting would be best if it were to appear in a consensual dueling system.

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 01:14:44 am »
I can see how this would be an issue, a cool concept but it would definitely get out of hand. Unless a special series of mini maps were to be made where it's only possible to fight in those designated spots, then that might be okay.

Offline Tailgate

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • no longer active
    • spxcepirate
    • 887Horse
    • cassiopirate
    • birb4
    • yllsa_
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 02:00:35 am »
If fighting existed in FeralHeart, I would do what I do while playing Splatoon.... SPAWN KILLING >:D
Broo this is me so much (or when they're doing a big jump and least expecting it, and I have my splatterscope)

anyway, back on topic:

Though tbh I think fighting would be best if it were to appear in a consensual dueling system.

This is what I'm thinking too. I know it can't be implemented, but theoretically: A PvP system in FH would be really fun! Not for roleplay purposes, but purely for entertainment. I'm thinking that if you could turn PvP on/off and, if someone would like to fight you, they'd send you a duel request.
All-out PvP that gives a user no choice in the matter would suck though.

If you want to contact me, I am most likely to respond on DA!

Legendary~Grace

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 10:28:34 pm »
My opinion on this is, go for it! It's a great idea. Now, I've given this a lot of thought and I'm not just saying yes to go against the majority of the opinions. Actual fighting should be added to the game, but, on account of a few options and different things with it.

Fist off, there should be a system in the game that supports and contains all of this fighting. Something similar to friend request/group invites. It would have an icon on the side of the screen. Maybe a claw. Anyways, it's function would to contain different options for anything related to fighting.

I imagine something like this (I'll try my best to explain all the details);

To start a fight, you'd have to go through a series of permissions in the system. You'd have to click on the person, brining up their information, maybe in the open spot with the other buttons, you can click a button that says Fight or Request Fight. It would function just like the other buttons for adding friends and inviting people into a group. After a request is sent to the person, they'd receive a notification. They'd click on the icon bringing up a table of requests for fights. They would click on the person's username and or character name and be able to choose Accept or Decline. Then, it will ask if you want to die or submit when your health is depleted. This allows choice. Just like the group requests. I realize I'm being repetitive. It's an important point. If they choose to decline the fight, the system will not all the person to enter a mode used for fighting. If the person does accept, both of the people involved will enter a mode used for fighting.

Since, this system is based on a set of permissions, it prevents trolling and unwanted fighting. Therefore, solving those problems. Though, I do realize other problems could occur. An alternative to this system is creating maps or areas that are just set aside for fighting. Like a zone. When you enter the map or pass a border marker, a window will pop up, warning you that you entered the fighting zone or asking if you wish to accept entering this area. It would also ask if you choose to die when health is depleted in a fight or submit. So anyone in that set area has entered a fighting mode. Anyone can be attacked at any given moment. No permissions. This alternative isn't as good as the first, but it's another road.

The fighting mode. It should be based on keyboard controls. You'd still move normally with whatever key you want it to be but new controls would be added. Such as; Bite, lunge, claw, etc. It should also include a bar or object that shows the characters endurance and health. As the characters fight, the bars will be both depleted over time. This makes it realistic and fair. If the endurance bar decreases it would not allow the character to move as fast or preform actions for a certain amount of time. If the health is decreased, your character will die and re-spawn in Lonely Cave or submit depending on the option you chose before entering the fighting mode.

I don't mean to get super deep, but I seriously have given this a lot of thought....

To add the the fighting mode, based on your character design your hit amount would be based on strength and speed would be based on size. This would also make it fair so huge characters can't be over powering and be both fast and strong. It's just unfair. The design would go all the way back to the Character Maker too. But, it should not generally allow an OP character. It could allow a balance of having both but not both with a high level of degree. So if the character is small and skinny, it should be able to move a lot faster then characters that are big and muscular. Furthermore, skinny and small characters would have less of a hit amount then those of the larger qualities. Get what I'm saying? Kind of logic, I guess. Trying my best, I have a lot and I'm trying to get it all out.

Even deeper into the fighting mode...

To add to everything else the endurance, hit amount, and health could also be effected by how much a character has had to eat. If it's full, the resistance to depletion would decrease. If your character is hungry, depletion will occur more quickly. I won't go too much into detail on this because I can just create a separate thread and it doesn't really have to do with fighting. No need to go too much off topic.

Moving on....

After it is determined who won the fight, something can be rewarded if wanted. Experience or whatever. I don't really mind... Or nothing at all! I'm good with that.

I do hope that the Mods consider this occurring. THOUGH, before anyone jumps on me. I do realize this would require coding that would need the source code. Which, the staff does not have. So please, do not bash me with this. Though, I'm really passionate about this, as you can tell by how deep I got.

Why I think this should happen:
- More fun! :D
- New things.
- More people interested in FH. I know a lot of people who play games just for the PvP. This could help FeralHeart.
- Bring equality to rp fighting. I see a lot of fights that are unfair or last for an eternity with no clear winner. It's just irritating. I also see a lot of OP characters and it's just unrealistic. More in-depth characteristics with balancing it out should be included.
- More to do on FH.

Now, one last thing that I felt like adding after I said everything. Even if this fighting is added, it should be an option. I still want people to have the freedom to just roleplay the fight instead. Don't get rid of what this game is made for. I'm sorry for the length but I do hope it was understandable and a good idea. I worked hard on developing the ideas and making it fair and thinking of problems and consequences. :D

EDIT/UPDATE: I forgot to add. There should also be a way to make the fight not only 1v1. Have a system similar to the party chat. You can add specific people based on permissions.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:36:59 pm by Legendary~Grace »

Offline Lazy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Ship Loves You <3
    • http://JShipArts.deviantart.com
    • http://lazy-jenn.tumblr.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 11:25:43 pm »
This is a good idea in theory, however I think that it would be abused and it would start a lot of unnecessary drama if done wrong.
I know in WolfSoul you can have fights in a certain map I think, and they also have a prey animals you can kill in other maps. Its sort of like IT and has health meters and such.
You would basically have to find a way to where people cant go around attacking everyone just because.
It would make things a little more interesting though.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 02:54:39 pm »
People have pretty much summed up my opinion on why it isn't such a good idea to put fighting into the game- but if you think about it, it would actually be a very unique addition to the game. What people don't really understand is that you could simply add it in, but when a character wants to fight another character they have to request so. Should the opponent accept by clicking 'Yes', then the brawl can occur. Should the opponent decline by clicking 'No', then the person who sent the request can be notified and told that no fighting shall happen. Just my thoughts, to kind of alter the whole route of "trolls attacking you all the time" business.

EDIT: Legendary~Grace's post also supports what I am trying to say. ^^

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 06:25:58 pm »
I honestly would find this pretty cool. If it was a certain map or there would be certain points you have to get before you engage in battle with someone, it would be a pretty cool thing. If you had a certain point count on your character to where you could send a battle request with someone and suddenly you respawn into another map with just you two or a few other players to battle with it'd be awesome. But to stop people from abusing it, people could also have a setting on their character clicked that denies any fighting requests sent to them. Honestly in my mind this is a good idea if it were to ever be a thing.
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Offline kinoei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • nyeeeessss
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 03:47:22 pm »
It wouldn't be a bad idea, but not a good one either.
Sure, it would be really fun, especially for RPs, but then again, there would ALWAYS be either THAT one guy who is power hungry, or trolls, or both.
But yeah, for now there's IT servers I guess...

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 12:26:06 am »
  If everyone could actually attack others in Feral-Heart?
 I would hate it honestly. It sounds interesting, but it would get very annoying, very quick. We should just stick to RP fighting IMO. Sure, they do get ridiculous after a while, but they can be ignored easily, and they're hilarious to read/listen to/watch or whatever we call it. 
  What would you think?
if this is okay Its okay but there should be an option to turn off Pvp or else this happens
You would be killed everytime you move into a map so this is an okay thing but there should be a way to turn off or on PVP so your not gonna get killed everytime you try to move