Author Topic: Heartbeat's new update suggestions  (Read 1295 times)

Offline heartbeat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Heartbeat's new update suggestions
« on: July 10, 2019, 09:27:50 am »
Idea's for future updates since we have obtained the code.

- New animations / moves, possibly even the ability to switch animations thats custom in game without having to reset and add them in to your folders for music videos
- The ability to promote group members, such as your higher ranks and those you trust not to give them the ability to delete the group but the ability to add or remove members such as those who are wanting to join or those who are inactive or breaking the rules of said group
- The old maps to return or at least remakes of a few more of them such as skys rim and lost cave, it would be nice to have a few hidden maps around in an update as well which we don't get told about but must find by ourself
- More den area's for players to RP, especially for roleplays such as warrior cats, TLK and other species people create in game such as fields for horse RPs
- Special in game content, now we have downloadable items an im aware kov was the owner of an IT server so to keep players going why not have a few maps that have quests in them to obtain something special in game? this could be an item, an effect or something else someone can come up with
- A proper report system, when staff are offline it would be nice to have an in game system to report a selected player alerting staff to check the chats for any bad behavior or for some way for them to view other broken rules in game such as a user who is hacking
- new eye versions, I feel like it'd be cool to have some more eye selections
- An AFK Mode, to alert other in game players trying to interact with you that you are afk this saves them thinking your ignoring them when you are not there to reply
- A poster in game regarding character designs, i've had this happen to myself before, i've come into the game as a simple white and gray wolf and been screamed at and threatened with a "ban" by a user that i am a "copier" when using default markings the game has to offer, it would be nice if we had an area in a map, possibly the grounds where people are 100% going to see and read it about the issue that nobody owns a design and that fights over it need to stop as theirs only so many ways you can create a character without it looking the same as someone else and some designs im aware are popular and people fight over them
- An aging system, for those who have more "elderly" characters, maybe a section to add wrinkles?
- Hidden collectables around maps, give your character something to search for such as coins, bones or other content this is another factor that will make users explore more
- For most of our previously downloaded maps to be put in to the official game, such as the cinema map or the old party event maps
- Presets being viewable in game without a sync or download required, for the game to automatically place new ones it finds in your files into the game
- More events or even mini games in game hosted by the mods, such as finding things, number games, races etc
- More hair and ear selections
- Horn selections, instead of them being items it would be nice if we could have actual horns added in for some characters and maybe a slider for the size of the horns
- An official "roleplay" tab in the chat section, some people use local as not to clog up their group chat, so why not have an actual RP chat tab to use? this will allow users to talk to others in the map in local but also to freely roleplay without it being posted in with the regular chat
- Poses, character poses for great screenshots or feralheart videos, these poses unlike animations are still where the character does not move around
- A tail wag or itch animation
- A die/fall animation for roleplays that include killing or injuring a character to make it more realistic
- A hissing animation for felines
- A growling animation for canines
- An official advertisement section in the chat for when users are recruiting, saving them having to spam with movie maker about their roleplay
- Medals earned in a section for the members in game, this could be by winning games or being a MOT on the forums for players double clicking someone in game to be able to view their medals or achievements
- Character stats, this one is more for RP. having a section when double clicking a user to view their stats they have created, these stats are things such as their characters gender, age, species, group, how many offspring they have and so forth
- Sacred area's for those who follow religion in their roleplays such as having a certain "god" to follow or simply to mourn a fellow lost member who passed in RP (or maybe even for real) it would be nice to have sacred area's or temples hidden or dotted around maps for users to chill out in or "Pray"
- More animations during flying, instead of just aimlessly flying, why not allow us to bust out some moves in the sky such as twirling around?
- A dive animation for swimming in water
- Since some players join without reading the rules of the game, why not have a starter map that instantly throws you in front of the rules or have a redirect system when joining to send you to the rules on the forums (im aware we have boards in lonely cave but some users pay no attention to them as they are not directly in their face to read) Or maybe give us an in game pop up reading through the rules and tutorials of the game?
- Easier use of map maker, some users cant make high maps etc, so why not allow them to click a certain feature and section in their map to create a "hill" or "pond/river" without the use of needing it made on a high map they cannot make?
- An option to "favorite" a friend on your friends list, this will alert you when they are online and/or add them to the top of your list so you will know they are online to chat with
- The ability to edit our tongue and inner ears colors, maybe even a few add ons such as different tongues and ear fur

This section may later be updated with new idea's
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:29:52 am by heartbeat »

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
Re: Heartbeat's new update suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 10:07:46 am »
Oooh this is a big list. I really like the roleplay chat idea, it's definitely significant enough to warrant its own chat. And wrinkles is something I haven't thought about before but would be a very good addition as an option separate than markings; a lot of games with character customization have age sliders already so it definitely seems feasible!

And I'd be really curious to hear from a staffer about the idea of putting in the Cinema maps as an official download. They're already treated officially, but just not included with the game, and that could have been changed even before the source code acquisition. So I'm really curious if there's a reason against adding it in, or if that could be a possibility in the future.

Great list! I wouldn't be surprised if some of these are already on the horizon.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 07:49:36 pm »
I think quests break from the feel of the game. Feral-Heart is a role playing game rather than an action game, but I like a lot of the other ideas here! Horns would be cool as well, even more so if they add new animals, although I understand if they don't.

Interested to see what staff thinks of these. :3
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:01:25 pm by A.P.S. »

Offline cosmohause

• Member Of The Season
  • Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The Ernfi of Talta
    • cosmohause
    • cosmohause
    • c0ffeev0dka
    • cosmohause
    • View Profile
    • commissions
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 12:57:59 pm »
I very much love the animations, pose and roleplay tab ideas. As well as the more customizable options for your character. I'd actually love to see them in-game

My Sheezy.ArtSig artist: sapfall Pack of Talta

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 05:52:47 pm »
These are some pretty sound ideas! Especially the map, animations and even roleplay features since this game relies on it c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7