Author Topic: Game so Laggy  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Game so Laggy
« on: March 11, 2013, 06:27:11 pm »
My game is super laggy, I decided to use 2 CPUs (there are only 2 -.-) but it still lags!
I thought if I reinstall the game the lag poofs, but I'm not sure, so...
What I do to my game doesn't gets soooo laggy?

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Game so Laggy
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:29:38 pm »
Have you tried changing your game's video settings a bit from the main menu? Click "options" and then "video" and change your settings like so:
-Rendering Subsystem from OpenGL to Direct3D9
- View Distance to 0
- Water Reflection off

That might help :)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 06:32:27 pm »
@LordSuragaha These settings were already on, but the game still laggy. Should I try to re-download the game?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 06:37:51 pm »
Well if the game wasn't laggy when you originally downloaded it on to that computer a simple uninstall and reinstall might work just be sure to back up your important files. Sometimes the lag has to do with your own computer though. If uninstalling & reinstalling doesn't help try checking out this link since it also helps with lag:
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=514.0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:40:08 pm by LordSuragaha »

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 09:06:10 pm »
Just a tip..FeralHeart+ is very laggy, that's all.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 09:54:05 pm »
@LordSuragaha Sorry for answering too late, but, isn't that the graphic card?

@Thrillex Ya, I can't support it's lag -.- I tried in my cousin computer and...ugh...

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 10:07:53 pm »
Indeed it's for updating your graphics card since your graphics card is what processes the game and if you've got an old computer that could be whats causing the problem also. As Thrillex said if you are having trouble with lag that tends to be the norm with Feral Heart+ so have you considered switching over to the regular Feral Heart? It's better to switch over especially since Feral Heart+ is buggy and the creator is already working on a new improved less laggy version. In the meantime stick to the regular Feral Heart up until the new one gets released by Simba.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:11:19 pm »
@LordSuragaha. Hmm... Lemme think... My dad bought the computer in 2004-2006. Is the computer too old for the game? :S
And, a thing: I don't play FH+ :)

Thierry

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 10:17:02 pm »
The most common problems of low framerate could be:

-Low Ram memory or too much apps open.
-CPU are being used by another app or is not enough powerful
-Graphics card is not enough powerful
-You changed the rendering system
-Your computer is being evil.

To check the available Ram memory press ctrl+alt+del and open the task manager, check that the FP Usage is not too high.

This pic shows a medium Ram and CPU usage but enough to play FH without problems.

If it is too high try closing every application.

In the same task manager check for the CPU usage to be low when you are not running FH. and again close any application that uses it.

As your computer is brought in 2004, is probably is too old for FH, my tip is go to maps with not too much people.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 10:21:02 pm »
It's possible but I'm no pro on that kind of stuff. I've had friends with literally ancient computers that work better than some new models in the market today simply because of the new graphics cards & hardware they modify them with. I'm sure one of the other members with more experience in that area could provide you with some more helpful advice. As for me given what I've posted already I'm all out of ideas. If you also have a lot of things taking up space in your computer that could also slow things down as well as if you've got multiple windows open with other programs running in the meantime while you're in game. Sometimes there are add ons running on your computer that you're not even aware of that can often slow things down as well.

I hope you'll be able to fix your lag some how. Good luck

Edit: just as I'm posting this Thierry saves the day xD! Thierry is good with this stuff he'll help you :3