Author Topic: Why is Bonfire Island named like that?  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Why is Bonfire Island named like that?
« on: July 05, 2014, 05:42:24 pm »

This question has been bugging me for days :P.

Don't come in saying that Bonfire Island is called like that because in the IT version it had a bonfire, I know that.

But the FH version doesn't have a bonfire. Yeah, you know. I would rename it to something like... Lagfire. (Nah, just kidding! :P)

So what are your thoughts on this?

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Metronome

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Bonfire Island named like that?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 06:01:21 pm »
Because of all of the failRPers on the island, we all want to burn down the island with one large Bonfire.

"CLIMB THE LADDER KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!"- Jim Ross

Video game, zombie, pro wrestling, and giant monster enthusiast. PM if you wish for Steam username.
In-game name: Geekboy27

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 08:47:06 pm »
That's not very nice to say, Pulp. :/
You were not a good RPer' when you joined a comunity for the first time! :/

Anyways, I think because this~

Born Fire. :D

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 09:42:54 pm »
I think that maybe it was SUPPOSED to have a Bonfire while it was being made, but maybe it was hard to convert the mesh and particles? So the creator just kinda left it out and couldn't change the name, I know I can't in Map Maker. Idk, very good question though, and I think Tiny may have a good point too.

Offline Metronome

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 09:52:04 pm »
That's not very nice to say, Pulp. :/
You were not a good RPer' when you joined a comunity for the first time! :/

Anyways, I think because this~

Born Fire. :D

I understand that, but some, if not most of the RPers on Bonfire may have had some time of RP experience. I also don't like babies, but I acknowledge that I was once a baby, but it's not wrong to dislike something you once were.

"CLIMB THE LADDER KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!"- Jim Ross

Video game, zombie, pro wrestling, and giant monster enthusiast. PM if you wish for Steam username.
In-game name: Geekboy27

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 12:50:12 am »
As nudged earlier in the post, I "believe" the reason why it is called Bonfire is simply because there was a map in Impressive Title called just that, using the very same heightmap as there was in impressive tile. Maybe it was just named the exact thing for that reason when it was imported and used in FeralHeart. Bonfire Island sounds a bit more interesting than just Island even though the name would probably be more suiting.

Whether or not there were plans on having a bonfire in the map itself I suppose we can just guess unless someone that actually knows can input on it.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 12:04:14 pm »
I made a short story for why I think it's named Bonfire.

One day on a cold winter, the Ferals were freezing. They gathered in the center, conserving their warmth. One Feralheart spoke up, "W-We s-should build a b-bonfire.." He said, his teeth chattering. The others nodded and collected wood. One Feral got some flint, and struck the wood. A huge fire erupted up. The Ferals cheered, no longer cold. The snow melted and the fire was so warm the island would never freeze. The Ferals put the fire out and began playing. But before they broke up, one Feral spoke up, "We shall call this island, Bonfire Island, in honor of the Bonfire that saved us all!" They all agreed on the name, and from then on, the island was called Bonfire Island.

Ands that's how Bonfire was made XD

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:35 am »
I know you said not to mention it, but I do in fact think that Bonfire Island is named what it is to sort of shout out to IT. There are also other maps on FH named after IT ones, like Last Cave and Ascension Island.

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 07:04:44 am »
yeah pulp, sorry but that's not very nice. i understand you are "disliking something you once were" but that doesn't mean you can bash others for it.

on topic, yeah like Red said: i think it was named because it used the same map as in the original IT, and since the whole entire game was moved, i suppose it would be nice to have an old piece of the game back, right?

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline ragethedemon

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You are a lie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 07:16:27 am »
I thought it was called bonfire cause it kinda looks like a fire pit... okay not really but... Idk if you really think about it the hill path thing could be like a fire pit wall (?) and the inside would be where you'd make the fire and maybe the rest of the walls are broken? I dunno just what i thought XD