Author Topic: Can't Change Rendering System  (Read 831 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Can't Change Rendering System
« on: January 12, 2015, 02:58:42 am »
I downloaded Feralheart, and when I tried to get into one of the maps besides Lonely Cave the game crashed. Tried to change the rendering subsystem thing both through the game and multiple times by editing the ogre.cfg file, but neither worked. When I restarted the game, it would just switch back to OpenGL.

The game was also having other problems, such as being unable to load up the first time I tried to load up the game but working the second time. Is it just the computer's problem, since it's kinda old and full of stuff and basically dying lawl.

If anyone knows how to fix this please halp D:

AlphaEclipse

Re: Can't Change Rendering System
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 03:13:39 am »
Bizarre... The only thing I can think of that could help would be to reinstall the game completely. Make sure DirectX is allowed to install when you run the setup. Maybe you could even try downloading it through here. It's worth a shot. ;o If the computer is really old it may have a difficult time running the game (especially with any extra modifications) since it's quite demanding. 

Thierry

Re: Can't Change Rendering System
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 03:22:55 am »
If you want to force the change of rendering systems you can open the file config.good with notepad and change the 00 to 11 then you edit ogre.cfg and change to directx and try what it happens.

But im pretty sure your problem is coming from another place, i don't know what could be.