Author Topic: Anti-Aliasing doesn't seem to take effect  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Anti-Aliasing doesn't seem to take effect
« on: January 10, 2015, 12:39:28 pm »
I dunno. I choose one of the many AA options, restart the game via "Quit" or clicking in the X, etc, then open it again.

I don't see anything blurry or even a change in the graphics.

I check the options and I can see AA has defaulted to "None", even though I selected NonMaskable 1, for example, before closing the game.

Is it something with the game or is it just my graphics card?

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Aliasing doesn't seem to take effect
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:57:15 pm »
I believe the Anti-Aliasing stops block-like lines occur on characters and objects that should be smooth when you view them etc... This usually happens because the monitor, doesn't have a high enough resolution to represent a smooth line. This helps by creating the smoother lines.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 01:20:08 pm »
Maybe you video card driver is blocking anti-aliasing. There are special utilities like "NVidia Control Panel" or "AMD Catalyst Control Center" where you can tweak driver setting. If you set "maximum perfomance" there, it usually means "explicitly disable things like VSync, AF and AA"
Second thing, older hardware line Intel GM945 may not support Anti-Aliasing.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 09:02:52 am »
Well in fact I have a AMD Radeon HD 8250, and I think it has a program. I'm going to tweak it, it's so silly I didn't think of this before O.o

And yeah Bawfle, I want it to smooth out :P I dunno why, maybe the Anti-Aliasing in the N64 got me used to it xD

EDIT: Still going to "Default" after choosing an option for AA and closing the game. In my settings I have these:

I'm thinking it's the game and not me :I Dunno if actually anyone tried to use Anti-Aliasing... It's supposed to smooth out, right? It shouldn't be showing obvious pixels, right?

Well, I'm going for a quick search on Google to see if I'm doing everything right.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:14:00 am by Kijiako »

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 02:25:36 pm »
It could possibly just be the game itself, or it could be the graphics. Mainly because if it's on it's best quality and it's still quite bad, showing blocky pixels etc... then you might need to do an update it if your graphics card isn't already or if it is due for an update.

Hopefully the little issue is fixed soon.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 09:56:36 pm »
I have Ati raedon HD 6310M
The ingame settings don't work for me either, but if I use the Catalyst Control Center, the effects are instantly without restarting the game.