Author Topic: All My Feral Heart Characters Are Pitch Black featurless..  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: All My Feral Heart Characters Are Pitch Black featurless..
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 06:56:15 pm »
If there are no files in the "masks" folder, that could be causing your problem. In the link that Lucius linked above, check for the "textures" sub-folder download at the bottom; within that, you will find all of the files that should be in the "mask" folder. You don't have to install them directly into the game yet. You can download that "textures" folder and put it anywhere outside the FeralHeart folder (such as your desktop). I would recommend when downloading to Save and Open, instead of just opening, as you may have installed it but the download closes before you can actually access the files. At this point in the installation, you don't have to download directly into the "masks" folder.

Once it's installed, simply open the file and view the folders. In the "masks" folder, highlight everything and copy them, then go into your actual Feral Heart folder >> media >> textures >> masks, and paste. Close out of the FH application if you have it running and then open it up again. You can try this with other folders on that link, as well-- the "markings" folder, the whole "textures" folder, if you'd like.

If all else fails, you can always go for a complete re-install of the game. If you do so, be sure to save any files you want to keep (screenshots, presets, maps, etc.) in a separate folder located outside of the FeralHeart folder so you can add them back in after the reinstall.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:59:07 pm by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 01:13:55 pm »
Reinstalling it did the trick!  :) But now I have a problem trying to get my mass markings & lengendary markings back..  :'(

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 01:22:24 pm »
Nvm I've got them back! :)

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 05:28:31 pm »
I'm glad to hear that the problem was fixed! I'll lock this up for you, then. Hopefully no more issues occur. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.