Author Topic: What FH Realization did you have?  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
What FH Realization did you have?
« on: May 01, 2016, 06:05:14 am »
Hey guys! I was just curious about something

So when I first joined Feral Heart there were a few things I didn't realize about the game longer than I'd like to admit.

I didn't know you could whisper someone.
And I had no idea there were such a thing as private downloadable maps.

You can imagine the slight embarrassment when I kept asking people for help on where to find 'Yosemite Forest'. Or being extremely scared when blue text appeared in my chat box.
I realized my fault about two months in.

ALSO- I didn't know about Mod Godspeak and I was terrified when Sura laid down the silver hammer with big red text. I had a minor heart attack because I thought I got in trouble for a second.

So what about you guys? What things did you not know about Feral Heart?

When you found out was it like this?:

Or more like this:

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: What FH Realization did you have?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 06:13:09 am »
Oh dear, those moments xD I'll be sure to add more later if/when I think of something else

I didn't know downloading maps/items/markings etc was a thing until maybe at least 6 months after I joined

I don't think I knew that mods and admins existed; I just knew that you can get in trouble xD

I remember freaking out one day after accidentally pressing ctrl and having my character's movements all really weird. Didn't know how to fix this so it stayed like that for a couple weeks

I didn't know you can use R and F while F3ing until a few days ago, actually

I didn't know about the camera speed adjust (- and +) while F3ing until maybe a little more than a year after joining

It took me a while to figure out how to create a party and how to switch between different chats

And apparently Raz isn't a "blue sloth thing", but I'm still calling him that B)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 06:18:37 am by Kikiorylandia »
Farewell everyone<3

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 06:16:18 am »
I kept wondering why everyone was a marshmallow until about a year after I joined the game and I learned about Mass Markings.

I didn't know that you could use + and - to speed up your f3 camera until Kiki told me.

And...that's actually about it...I think. xD

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 06:16:58 am »
Duuude, I remembered when I first saw the red text, my heart....seriously dropped and I stopped playing for the entire day ( not exaggerating ). I was scared...And when I saw....like, pale green text in the box by some user ( when general was around / used ) I didn't know where the person was because I didn't know that, a text like that can be seen practically anywhere on the map by everyone.. The blue text was a bit comforting, even though I was talking to myself and other players would look over and question me....Did not know about the whole 'markings packs' back then and was wondering why or how everyone was marshmallows.. ( Even though they were gosh darn cuties I'll tell you what ).

But yeaaaah...after slowly realizing this after about a month or so of my returning back in 2O13 I want to say..? ( Joined in 2O12 ), my realization was a little bit of both on the pictures you just used. Lol.
Neat Topic ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 06:20:32 am »
Oh dear, those moments xD

I didn't know downloading maps/items/markings etc was a thing until maybe at least 6 months after I joined

I don't think I knew that mods and admins existed; I just knew that you can get in trouble xD

I didn't know you can use R and F while F3ing until a few days ago, actually

I didn't know about the camera speed adjust (- and +) while F3ing until maybe a little more than a year after joining

And apparently Raz isn't a "blue sloth thing", but I'm still calling him that B)

idk what you're talking about isn't this a picture of Raz:

I kept wondering why everyone was a marshmallow until about a year after I joined the game and I learned about Mass Markings.

I didn't know that you could use + and - to speed up your f3 camera until Kiki told me.

And...that's actually about it...I think. xD

omg yes the dawn of the marshmallows

Duuude, I remembered when I first saw the red text, my heart....seriously dropped and I stopped playing for the entire day ( not exaggerating ). I was scared...And when I saw....like, pale green text in the box by some user ( when general was around / used ) I didn't know where the person was because I didn't know that, a text like that can be seen practically anywhere on the map by everyone.. The blue text was a bit comforting, even though I was talking to myself and other players would look over and question me....Did not know about the whole 'markings packs' back then and was wondering why or how everyone was marshmallows.. ( Even though they were gosh darn cuties I'll tell you what ).

But yeaaaah...after slowly realizing this after about a month or so of my returning back in 2O13 I want to say..? ( Joined in 2O12 ), my realization was a little bit of both on the pictures you just used. Lol.
Neat Topic ~!

YES thank you omg. Godspeak still scares me tbh.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 06:31:50 am »
I was also scared when I saw red text because I thought the mod was whispering me and I thought I would be in huge trouble. I also didn't know you could join groups at the time. xD

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 11:32:46 am »
I had no idea there was such thing as portals for a while, actually. To me they were just black holes that I thought were maybe missing a rock of something to over it up; so I was stuck in Fluorite for a while because the only portals I knew of were the big yellow glowing ones. I also had no idea how to join groups.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 12:04:43 pm »
Okay, for the longest time I would be scared to F3. XD I was taught how to do it and I was like, "oh this is cool" but then I noticed my marker on my mini map would go wherever I F3'd and I would be like so nervous to stalk people with the F3 function cuz I thought they could see your marker move too. I was so scared people were gonna find out that I was lowkey checking up on all the rps around lol.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 03:01:40 pm »
Ohhh boooyyy

-I clicked on Map Maker and just made a new map called 'Simpsons Heart' (I was really into the Simpsons at the time aha) but didn't do anything with it and completely forgot about it. I was talking to some people in Cape when I saw another portal and freaked out because there was a new map to explore. I went inside and couldn't get out since I had never set the portal, so when I got back to Cape I kept screaming about how "DON'T GO INTO SIMPSONS HEART!!!! YOU CAN'T GET OUT!!! THERE'S NOTHING IN IT!!!". People were very confused until I suddenly just realized I made that map.

-Didn't know how to switch to other chats besides local. I thought that if you were friends or in a group with someone that it automatically just displayed everything they posted in that color. I was speaking to myself in local for a looonnng time

-The red text was terrifying. Luckily since its not used all that often I was still playing for while when it appeared, and I quickly realized that it was aimed at the entire map and talked to a friend about it.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 04:03:05 pm »
What a lovely topic! I enjoyed reading through a few of these.

Some of my realizations were...

- Discovering that custom maps/user created maps had to be downloaded. For some reason, I thought that if you typed in the title of someone else's map in the map maker, you could instantly connect to that map and join other people. After looking up map-downloading tutorials, I discovered this not to be true.

- I didn't know what N/Z was for a while, but I heard everyone talking about it. Thankfully some lovely fluffs in-game helped me with directions.

- I didn't know how to use stealth mode/F3 until I started derping around with the functions one day.

- I didn't know you could sit down/change positions by toggling the Z and X buttons, and so I always had the actions/emote tab pulled up to change how my character moved. I later discovered that I could use the keyboard for most of this. I don't remember exactly when or how.

- I didn't know that you could view a user's bio by clicking on their name in the chat. I thought this was only possible by clicking on the user's character.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.