Author Topic: Join the gathering ferals! It's story time.  (Read 10072 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Join the gathering ferals! It's story time.
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:27:36 am »
What if Feral Heart had legends...

Alright here's a fun and imaginative topic for everyone to join in on. I want you all to start thinking creative for this one and to really get your imagination out there. Everyone is welcomed to join this by the way.

Now for the challenge...

I want you all to imagine yourself as one of your characters sitting down at the center of many other FH critters. The purpose for the gathering is to share with them the many tales of Feral Heart...

With this said...

If the lands of Feral Heart had a story what do you think the story would be? What legends lie untold?

Here are just some examples to kindle the flames of your imagination but don't let these limit your creativity :

- The tale of Bonfire Island. Where is the bonfire? Why is it named Bonfire?

- The origins of the stone bridge

- The formation and or uses of the + area in Fluorite Plains.

- How did the lands come to be populated by such varying species?

- Where is the Feral Heart universe? Some where in a futuristic abandoned earth or another planet?

- The story of the sunken city in Atlantis

- How did the floating islands/platforms of SkysRim & Ascension Island come to be?

- Who created the Temple of Dreams? Who or what was it made for?

- Who built all the strange structures scattered around Fluorite Plains?

Have fun with it :) I plan to write in some legends myself.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:29:17 pm by LordSuragaha »

wolfdog01

Re: Join the gathering ferals! It's story time.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:51:32 am »
Gonna do a sort of RP style here! ^^ VERY LONG! didn't realize how long it was until I reread it...eheheh...and yes, I know there are a few typos, I'm doing this on my phone.)

Thyme gave a toothy grin at everyone who was gathered around the small flickering campfire, her eyes darted from one creature to another, letting the tension  rise, a few of the animals squandering with their paws and nipping at their lower lip. She gave a small chuckle then began her tale...
"So, you all want to know how you were formed hm? How some of you have dog bodies but cat tails, and some of you are neon while others seem to be out of a painting. Well I'll tell you from the beginning. When time began, there was a blank slate of water, this world had nothing in it or to it. It was just there. But eventually the water had lowered from the land underneath cracking and slurping up the fluid, when the first piece of land formed, it was called Bonfire. Which is where we sit right now. The ground was fertile and moist from the almost everlasting water of the salty ocean. Soon a bigger piece rose with the paradise, it was a flat circular shape that added to the first, which was a twisting hill. After years of and years of evolving, plant life took hold of the land. No one is sure what the first plant was or how it formed, some say it was a hidden seed pocket in the ground, others think that the soil had a mind of its' own. Either way, this place was formed. Under the hill there was a massive hole, what looked to be an entrance to a tunnel, named Ficho. Once it had drained all of the water, only half stayed at the bottom, swelling up by a continuous waterfall that is fed through from a cave, Lonely Cave. With it's waters reminding us of the past, it circulates and feeds all of the water you see. It was the third formation, the floating rocks lifted off the ground, out of sheer magic you might say. They soon parked themselves on another realm. The dream state. Once you climb the pedistales, you are met with the fate of testing your courage and stubborness to go on, the floating platforms there are like steps to the success. Once at the top, the world changes and you are high in the skies, where endless waterfalls fade to mist and nothing seems real. Once you've made it back to reality you'll be on your way to South Pole. The barren wasteland of snow and ice, home to frostbite and death, only the most rugged and ridged creatures can survive in this pool of white. If you wander enough the snow will stop and the weathed will slowly warm up the further away you are, soon you are met with a beach, more or less. Atlantis. The remains that dwell at the bottom of this bowl of water are said to be the last clues to past lives, in the days of the humans and domesticated animals. It's sickening to imagine. But this place too mostly drained, but it was too deep to get all of the water out. Miles of water stretch as far as the eye can see, but under the water is a dark and endless place. You have to hold your breath and travel through a passage of tunnels filled with strong currents to reach Last Cave. This is a place where nightmares come to rest, it is a place riddled with fossils and stories to what the ocean floor looked like when the world was flooded. When you arrive back at Lonely Cave, there is a beach you can get to from the water, it stretches out to a cliff eroded by sand and wind. If you wish, you can visit different realms and sometimes universes if you discover them, this is Cape of Distant Worlds and certainly lives up to its name. Beyond this place, through more sand, you will find a massive field of grass and water. It is a perfect place for hunts and exploration, plant life is abudent here since it has the same soil as Bonfire. This place was named Flourite Plains. Though it has a better place to sleep than out in the open or in some cave. The Temple of Dreams, said to be something created by the imagination. This place is a enchanted wonderland of flowers and waterfalls, it can take you to sleep or sunrise, day to night, but the relaxing atmosphere will always remain

As for you. Well you formed by two mighty forces that appeared after this world was made, their names were Rikasa and Elijah, the first being a proud feline mixed with some reptilian blood, and the other being a canine with some bird to her. They agreed on the name, FeralHeart, wanting their land to be wild to the core. The two shaped the creatures similar to their own image, but then everyone looked the same. The two bickered and argued when they couldn't decide on who should give up their powers to eachother. Eventually, their own creations tricked them into causing a massive fight, it lasting over three days. During that time, their powers were lost and passed down onto the creations. When the fight ended they were just the same as their children of magic. Soon the animals used this ability to help form caves and glowing crystals to light pathways, everything was working out peacefully, they had new races such as dragons, catdogs, horses, and even some birdlike creatures. And there was also the default feline and canine, which always gave the resenblence and body build of their other kind. But peace never lasts forever, soon they started to use the magic to reshape the land, causing huge mountains to shoot from the ground in Flourite, everlasting blizzards in the South Pole, and a waterfall that you can never get back up from in Ficho! The war ended and just like their superiors, the powers vanished, flying high into the sky and scattering, creating what we see as stars. Eventually everything went back to normal but there is still some feud between species. Whether is be neon, real. Cats, dogs. Horses, dragons. Demons, angels. The legend will always bring about omens."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:01:02 am by ~Thyme~ »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:14:06 am »
x3 yay first post

I really enjoyed reading that! I actually could imagine your character sitting there telling their story and gosh what a story :D Very clever origin story for Feral Heart's land and creatures. I like the explanations you came up with and the style you wrote it in. The whole idea of the Feral Heart lands appearing as the seas dropped and the felineish canineish gods. I could really see that as a story for Feral Heart. Great story so far Thyme <3 thank you for taking the time & putting in the effort to share it.

Sandfury

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 03:56:19 pm »
I'm going to tell the story of how Bonfire Island is Bonfire Island. In a bit of RP-ish realistic way of when you try to speak in Bonfire. xD

I looked at my Group tab, we had 20+ members. We called this the "Feralheart Tales" group. I closed the tab, seeing the ruckus with Mate Center, Trolls, and RPers.
<FARTYPRINCESS> LOLOLO IMMA MAGICAL PRINCES WITH UNICRON POWERS!AND FARTS!
<Sandfury> Everyone turn off local chat, please. It'll be easier to understand the story.

I begun to tell the tale of the naming of Bonfire Island.

Soon after the creation of Feralheart, as told by Thyme, the remaining creations decided to celebrate their.. Well: creation! Each animal was required to bring a piece of wood. Not just any piece of wood, a piece of wood that told about them. If you had a thin piece of timber- it said that you were fragile, but can snap at any time. A thick piece of lumber told that you were brave, and you can overcome any fear. There is one fear that you only have- and you would then have a soft spot, where lumberjacks can tear you apart.
The normal canine and feline ran this event. They built a bonfire in the middle of the island, and the two's wood were a a thin one, and a large one.  They combined the two, a large fire erupting. They put their pieces in. One by one, the pieces were burning. One by one, the creatures felt closer.
Only one piece did not ignite, yet no one noticed. They were too busy socializing. The poor man was an old wolf. He had a terrible life so far in a few years. The piece he chose was thin, but strong. The strongness had withered down to the breaking point after all of the years.
When the animals left to sleep, the bonfire still burned. The elder wolf got up, he stood in front of the massive bonfire- his stick finally snapping in front of his eyes. He went crazy- no he went berserk. Many said his last thoughts were: "I want to die by my name. I wanted to die in flames." He crashed through the bonfire, the flames burning at his skin.
In almost a minute, the bonfire was in the water, but the pieces of wood still clung to each other- tumbling away in the ocean current. As for the elder wolf, he burned. Animals came running over, trying to do something- but it was too late.
They took his burnt body, and buried it south of the island. It is said his corpse sprouted into a large palm tree- with a ragged feel, and sharp points near the top.
So, they decided on Flame Island at first, in honor of the elder wolf, but it was changed to Bonflame Island, and soon into Bonfire Island as time went on.
Every time you visit Bonfire Island, try to find the closeness you feel inside. Although the bonfire does not exist, there is an invisible flame inside of everyone. This flame would always last forever, combine the flames and be your own bonfire.
Be the bonfire.

Sorry it's a bit short- but when I saw the idea you put, I wanted to do it. XD

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:24 pm »
No problem Sura, was happy to write it, I do have thoughts like this and topic was perfect for it!
I like Sandfurys' as well, the idea of it is unique and something that few people would think of! Very nice! ^^

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 06:10:54 pm »
Oooo, I think I'll try the Stone Bridge Origins one.....)

-Ahem-

"Now, I've never been the best at telling stories, but, bear with me.

And if I catch you sleeping you will make Tia WarKat very angry, understand?

Now, I am assuming most of you have gone to The Stone Bridge. Seemed pretty ordinary, I mean, it's only a bridge made out of stone spanning a small-ish river, right?

Wrong.

It's more than just that, well, yeah it is a bridge, made out of, stone, but it represents, unity, and the good things that live in the Beautiful Feral things.

Now, a long long long long long looooooooooong time ago, before even The Packs and Prides were built, There were two pillars, near the mouth of a small river. No one knows what put them there or why they still stood.

Storms were frequent back then, sometimes even reaching the middle of the Plains themselves.

Well, one particularly stormy night, The Felines and the Canines were in a dispute over the land of Fluorite, Since they had gotten the idea to divide it up equally. But, obviously the Plains were not that easy to divide up, the two islands were bad enough since one was much larger than the other, but also the Entrance to the Temple of Dreams, only recently discovered was in a specific area of the Plains.

Well, they fought with words at first, but in the course of an hour the claws were out and the teeth were snapping, scuffles breaking out and those scuffles turned into a all-out brawl. And the storm was not helping it in the least, the loud noise, flashes of light, just whipped everyone into an even bigger frenzy.

Now, they had held the meeting at the Lake, but the fighting took it's way to the pillars, and was spreading to the other side of the river.

Now it was a over-blown fight on either side of the river, when suddenly, lightning struck the two pillars of stone, causing both Felines and Canines to stop fighting, and watched in amazment and fear as the two slabs of stone fell, hit each other and fused slightly in the middle: Forming a bridge. And the winds, storm, all stopped suddenly, and went away.

They took it as a sign.  When they had fought, the storm kept raging, when they stopped, the storm went away.

They then decided not to divide up the lands, but just roam about as they saw fit.

But that was then, the story of our beloved bridge is still not yet done. Oy, I see you drooling!

I'm not that bad! Now, sit up, wake up, and pay attention will you?

Now, as the generations went by, the story of the Twin-Lightning Strike on Stone(That is what they called it), faded into legend, then into myth, and then, into fairytales, before going away completely.

So, the younger generations had no idea what they even meant, and therefore just called it the most boring place in the world, and sent naughty pups, cubs, kittens, and offspring alike there, a 'Time-Out' area so to speak.

Well, one day, the sun was out, and beating down on the Plains.
And the animals had retreated to the Rivers, and went towards the Stone bridge, and used it as a diving board.

They discovered that it was an excellent place to jump off and into the water, which helped some of the younger ones with boredom.

Now, another day, a small litter of kittens was left there, along with a lion cub, and a doberman puppy, on timeout for pulling off a prank on the Elder animals.

Well, they heard the older animals talk of the fun they had on the bridge, and they decided to try it for themselves.

They had a blast. It was the best time-out EVER.

Well, the parents came by, and saw them having so much fun, and wondered, 'Why are they having fun, this is a punishment! In my day, this was the most boring spot around! And yet here the children are, PLAYING on the bridge!'

And soon, more and more animals joined it, and it became a socializing spot.

Not /just/ for jumping off and into the river, but to talk, and find animals to join the various social groups they made.

And, sometimes, not all of them weren't even Animals! Some were artificially made, and soon, Stone Bridge became a lot like Bonfire: A melting pot of different personalities, people, and groups.

This tale is still not done, but I shall add onto it, I am tired now. Telling stories is not good for the fingers, er, I mean, paws, and or voice."

-Realizes how long it is- Wow, no wonder you fell asleep! I feel old now... )

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:53:01 am by WarKat »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 07:02:20 pm »
Batu, an old mutt, gave a toothy grin, glaring down at the misbehaving youngsters pouncing about her paws.

"Quiet, now hus-"
A loud squeal interrupts her.
"Now, beha-"
Yelp!
Batu snarls, fur bristling, and the puppies quickly settle down, gazing up at her as Batu begins her story.

"You think it's fun to misbehave? To break the rules? To shout nonsense or bite others? Well, you won't think it's so funny, after they find you."

"Who finds me?" A soft voice pipes up.

"Rikasa and Elijah" Batu growls, and she grins, seeing the pup's confusion at her answer.

"Ah, yes.  Rikasa and Elijah may be gone now, hiding their faces from our world, but they have left behind watchers. Watchers to keep our worlds in order. The watchers speak with an aurora of red power, and when they speak their voices boom across the land. No ear can escape it. Not the deaf, or the ill.

The watchers are chosen by the watchers before them. They pass their immense power down from one to another. They watch us silently, waiting for someone to cross the line, or snap one of the rules  Rikasa and Elijah set for us to follow."

The pups looked scared now. Wide-eyed they listened. "What happens if someone does break a rule?" One puppy asks in a shaky voice.

"Well, simple, really. The watcher lunges forward. At first, it may only snap at your neck. You can get away once, maybe twice if the watcher is merciful, but sometimes a rule is broken too often. The watcher casts a spell. A powerful one, known as a ban. It traps those rule breakers in a bubble. They are unable to be heard, seen, touched, or smelled by anyone not in a similar bubble. They can stay like that for days, months, or even years." Batu says.

"Which is why you should always watch your tongue or where you step, because the Watchers will always be watching us. Now, run along to bed, and save your mothers the trouble of lecturing you!" Batu snapped, and the pups scrambled, chatting excitedly about the story. "I'll be a watcher one day!" One shouted, and the old wolf had to smile.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline xcandyheartsx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • back after two long years..
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 09:56:09 pm »
Kittykat walked up to the crackling flames, looking around at the other species or felines before sitting down, making herself comfortable. Flower, her curious and cautious daughter, looked up at her mother and sat down quietly beside her. The older feline cracked a small smile before clearing her throat. "Alright you all, want to hear the story of the plus island? Listen closely, as I shall tell a truthful tale that many have passed on for generations.

Thousands, thousands, thousands, and thousands of years ago, there was nothing but black. Pitch black. No air, no sight, no hearing, no floating, nothing. There was nothing but stars. The land of Feralheart was at its childhood, its birth. Slowly, mountains, shallow oceans, and the closest thing to life it could get appeared. These mountains turned into waterfalls, these shallow oceans turned into deep, dark oceans of mystery, and these life-forms slowly evolved into fish, then turtles, then dolphins, then whales, etc. There was one life-form that didn't evolve into an aquatic creature, though. It was the Malisphiosiusa Laecimaliosuem. It started out as a curious, female fish who wished to explore beyond the ocean. Soon, she got the courage to swim up to the surface. To her very surprise, she could breathe. She started to dwell on the surface's sands for days, and days, until she finally developed legs for walking, and a cat-like tail, and ears. The Malisphiosiusa Laecimaliosuem evolved to have hair, and soon it changed from having eggs, to having babies. It slowly turned into a feline you see today, and it is rumored that every feline you see right now is a blood relative of the Malisphiosiusa Laecimaliosuem. But this is only the beginning.

Whenever the Malisphiosiusa Laecimaliosuem was evolving, a giant hunk of land emerged from the seas and split into a plus. Nobody knows why or how, but some suspect it was from an earthquake or from the temperature of the oceans. A canine species that appeared before the Malisphiosiusa Laecimaliosuem called this island home. They made a huge group, but eventually died out, although there are some relatives of it to this day. Whenever the felines became the (mostly) dominant species, they noticed a green light emerging from the island. Amazed, they ventured closer to the island, and found there was an abandoned pup with bright, glowing green markings and horns that were already adult size. Gawking at this, they raised the pup as one of their kind and thought they had been blessed with a gift from the Gods.

Indeed they were, but it was just the beginning. More and more pups began to appear on the island, with different colors such as yellow, blue, pink, purple, etc. Nobody knew why they were coming, but raised them anyways.

Suddenly, three days later after the pups had stopped coming, a huge explosion from the island rumbled the whole plains. Scared and terrified, the felines and the now raised canines investigated, and there they saw a glowing, levitating white feline with a bird tail and lion ears, looking down at them. The feline bellowed "Do not be afraid, my children. You all must live in harmony and peace, as you will rise to be dominant, great, and allied.". The felines and the canines were in great shock, and they did so, it turning out to be a wonderful choice.

And that, my friends, is how the plus island and (most) harmony to the plains came to be. At least, that's what my grandmother told me." Kittykat mused, finishing her story. Looking down at her daughter, she smiled. "Flower, I think it is time to go home. You look tired yourself." She said softly, and Flower yawned. "Yeah.. I'm really tired."

The two felines walked back home, the leaves crunching under their paws and the stars shining above them.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 02:03:14 am »
I'm so pleased to see more posts today! :) Thank you guys for taking the time to use your imagination and share it all here. I really enjoy sitting here reading these!

I like how some of you build upon some of the other stories told here, and I love the different styles you're all using to tell your stories.

Sandfury's Bonfire tale is quite intriguing =o I wonder what set off the elder wolf to act the way he did? Kind of a dark, sad, and serious ending though especially for Bonfire. It's a total contrast from the silly colorful Bonfire we know lol. I like the idea of uniting the sticks of everyone to fuel the Bonfire. The whole them of unity is strong within all your stories. I may never look at Bonfire the same way again x3

Warkat's story of the Stone Bridge is so creative. I like the idea of it representing unity especially since it sort of connects a portion of the landmass that is Fluorite Plains and separates the two main sides. The whole stormy battle scene between the species was quite an exciting start to the tale. I also like your explanation for why it has become a gathering hub in recent days. Very clever! :)

LongJump's story was very amusing to me. I love the way you started it in rp style. I could really envision my own character sitting some where among the crowd listening to your character telling her tale. I like the way you recycled the gods' names from Thyme's legend in your own story as well. The way you described the mods/admins makes them seem so much more mystical and mysterious like some great spiritual guardians or deities etc. I simply adore the way you transformed the ideas of banning and kicking into a more magical and imaginative thing. The whole reaction of the pups/cubs and relation to what happens when they're naughty I love it all x3

Ambrenio your story is so creative. I like the way you explain the evolution of the species in the Feral Lands. It makes me envision Feral Heart like some strange mythical world from a distant unknown alien planet. I also enjoyed the way you introduced your story in rp form. Every aspect of your story is so wonderfully strange and interesting from the formation of the feline race to the plus island and the tale of how canines and felines united in friendship. Every time I venture near the plus area I will remember this story :)

Thank you all for sharing these awesome fun and creative stories! I look forward to seeing what else others will share. You're more than welcome to write more as well! You all really know how to bring life to the Feral Heart lands. You're all quite talented story tellers :3

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 02:24:41 am »
My explanation for it all: