Author Topic: Injuries?  (Read 1786 times)

Offline kopat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • ?I ? Big Cats?
    • View Profile
Injuries?
« on: May 02, 2013, 08:24:43 pm »
I have noticed, sometimes when I am RP fighting someone, they don't seem to suffer injuries. For example, this happened to me in Bonfire:
Patchfur F (me) -She swiped her claws across the she-cat's muzzle, leaving 4 red clawmarks.
Random she-cat: She sprang at the other cat, digging her claws into her back.
Patchfur F: Patchfur stumbled back, panting, shaking the she-cat off. She then leaped on her, biting her throat with all her strength.
Random she-cat: The she-cat yowled, then clawed at her ear.
-Ok, we continued fighting, and the she-cat would have been really hurt, since I bit her throat. The she-cat kept on fighting as if she had no injuries. What are your thoughts on this.... immortality?

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Injuries?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:02:48 pm »
That my friend is what we call powerplaying around here. Its a very common occurrence when RPing with someone else who's not doing it fair at all. There heads could be taken off and they will continue to "Fight back"
Sometimes kids don't like the idea of there characters being injured so they overlooked that making them seem powerful then they intentionally are.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »
Injuries are quite fun to roleplay.
But.
It's not only WC that does this, other roleplays too. After 'sparring' or 'battling' another user, one of the challengers act as if the injuries or attacks took no effect, meaning they don't post that they were bleeding or their wounds were scabbed. With WC, I killed one cat who was very literate, did he die? Yes. He came back though and acted as the wounds had no effect.
It's something that bugs me most of the time, due to the fact is that if you break a leg and say if hurts today, and tomorrow you say it doesn't hurt and you never had a broken limb.

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:41:21 am »

That my friend is what we call powerplaying around here. Its a very common occurrence when RPing with someone else who's not doing it fair at all. There heads could be taken off and they will continue to "Fight back"
Sometimes kids don't like the idea of there characters being injured so they overlooked that making them seem powerful then they intentionally are.

^ What she said.
It's happened to me before many times. There was this one time when this random warrior she-cat challenged Kopper Fox to a fight. I kinda agreed to fight. However, while I was getting injuries and getting weaker from the fight, the warrior cat was not (even though I did some bites and kicks) I was all like...
Kopper Fox: Whoa whoa! Time out! How come I'm the only one suffering here, while my attacks are not affecting you? That's powerplaying you know?))
RobinWing F: I'm not powerplaying!)
Kopper Fox: Yes you are. You aren't getting tired or weakened from any of the attacks I threw at you. I've been playing fair this whole time))
Hollyleaf: Who cares? She can RP however she wants! She's bigger than you and can kill you if she wants!)
I was being fair with recieving injuries from her attacks, but she took complete advantage of my roleplaying "fairness".

And then there was the time when I was roleplaying as a gluttonous wolverine, and my friend was a cranky honey badger. Both these animals are violent in nature and take on animals a lot larger than they are. Well, we both found ourselves in a roleplay fight with a few warrior cats. Being logical here, a cat is in no match for a wolverine or a honey bager. But to be fair, I went along with any attacks they threw at me. I even showed signs that I was getting tired and frustrated, and wanting to bail away from the fight. But they accused me of powerplaying all because I "slashed my long claws" at them. I didn't say anything about slashing their guts out or anything. I didn't say that I killed them with a single swipe of a paw. I just said that I slashed my claws at the warrior's side, scraping off chunks of his fur. So they get mad at me for doing what wolverines naturally do in the wild. Don't get mad at me because I'm being realistic.  ::) They were just upset because they knew it was true.
 >:(

Really, which animal would win the fight if they were put together?

VS

It doesn't take an expert to figure that one out. It wouldn't take much for the wolverine to just barrel into the cat, and the cat would take off running.

And Feareh is right about how people don't like the idea of their character being injured. They have their characters be a Mary Sue/Gary Stue kind of character. "Oh I'm so perfect, no one can defeat me!" kind of thing. A good roleplayer wouldn't have those kind of characters. None of my characters are perfect. They can get injuries, and many of them have been injured or even crippled from fights. Some of them have even been killed (with permission). I don't think it's fair to "kill" someone's characters without their permission. I only kill someone's character if they ASK me to do it, and it's happened before.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:31:49 am by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 02:00:06 am »
Yup. One time I was a WC apprentice with another apprentice,a warrior,AND a leader fighting on leader .He took some injuries,but by the rate we were injuring him,he should have lost his supposed 'lives'. I think I already posted something like this,but he kept boasting how he could take every cat in my clan on. I said 'Alright,if your words speak true fight all of us.' Then he shouted in caps that he would only do 1-1. But evantually he retreated,saying this wasn't worth his 'time'.But seriously?He was doing many forms of powerplay,including evading our attacks without posting it!

BouncyLion101

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 02:59:19 am »
Oh my...this happens countless times.
I used to be like this, when I was new to roleplay. Then some more experienced members pointed out how unrealistic it was to roleplay like that, and that it was kind of rude to not get injured during fights.

I dislike when people roleplay like that just as much as you do, but it could be a newer roleplayer or a more younger player that doesn't know how roleplay works. If it's a person that's been roleplaying for more than a few months, then you should really tell them that it's wrong to roleplay like that and give them some tips on how to make their fighting more realistic.