Author Topic: Ever Encountered a "Know-It-All"?  (Read 2987 times)

~Firepool~

Re: Ever Encountered a "Know-It-All"?
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 07:28:13 pm »
Trolls can be very entertaining. I'm usually the one who just laughs along if they try to insult me or my character. Most of the time, it frightens them off, and I'm never bothered again. dB

I can't remember any time my character or myself was made fun of for having mass markings. Never realized stuff like this was actually happening. o-o"

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 08:26:02 pm »
So many times. xD

Usually, I meet the "know-it-alls" in Bonfire. I enjoy roleplaying as a TLK character when I feel like I can put up with the users who crowd me and maul me if I'm Scar or Simba.

Once, I made a Scar. I thought he looked perfect-- though that's my opinion. Anyway, another Scar pops up who has dark brown fur and a black mane. At first, I didn't mind, as I don't care how many Scars there can be. It was until I was being ignored by all of these users.

Yeah, I was really annoyed, but I thought, "Hey, it's alright. I think I can roleplay on my own-- don't need a Vitani or Zira."
A Kiara cub approached me and roleplayed with me, until the other Scar approached us and kept telling the cub to roleplay with him because he was the real Scar.

Seriously?
Almost everyone said that Scar looked like Scar. That's when I lost all my patience mainly due to that Scar being dark brown! Wow.

What does this have to do with a Know-it-all, though?
Well, this Scar was lecturing me that he was the real Scar because he kept yelling that he had Zira, Kovu, and Nuka by him, and that his fur was correct and mine was incorrect. Dark brown fur.. against my sandy red fur.. I-I guess I made Scar wrong? xD

I've met a lot of Know-it-alls and I have advice.
Don't try to win the battle.. just don't..
From all the Know-it-alls I've met, I ignore them because they're stubborn with what they're trying to shove down your throat and won't accept anyone trying to contradict it or something.

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline ~Pinkie~Pie~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The WiFi cat.~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 09:44:28 pm »
Indeed. I can be one at times but that's sincerely rare. It really ticks me off when people are always like this.

~Wifi~

WiFi~

Offline KibaWolf73

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 11:49:44 am »
So many times. xD

Usually, I meet the "know-it-alls" in Bonfire. I enjoy roleplaying as a TLK character when I feel like I can put up with the users who crowd me and maul me if I'm Scar or Simba.

Once, I made a Scar. I thought he looked perfect-- though that's my opinion. Anyway, another Scar pops up who has dark brown fur and a black mane. At first, I didn't mind, as I don't care how many Scars there can be. It was until I was being ignored by all of these users.

Yeah, I was really annoyed, but I thought, "Hey, it's alright. I think I can roleplay on my own-- don't need a Vitani or Zira."
A Kiara cub approached me and roleplayed with me, until the other Scar approached us and kept telling the cub to roleplay with him because he was the real Scar.

Seriously?
Almost everyone said that Scar looked like Scar. That's when I lost all my patience mainly due to that Scar being dark brown! Wow.

What does this have to do with a Know-it-all, though?
Well, this Scar was lecturing me that he was the real Scar because he kept yelling that he had Zira, Kovu, and Nuka by him, and that his fur was correct and mine was incorrect. Dark brown fur.. against my sandy red fur.. I-I guess I made Scar wrong? xD

I've met a lot of Know-it-alls and I have advice.
Don't try to win the battle.. just don't..
From all the Know-it-alls I've met, I ignore them because they're stubborn with what they're trying to shove down your throat and won't accept anyone trying to contradict it or something.

Eh, I emphasize the ", as in, they think they know everything about some character's looks/personality etc when in reality they are wrong. That's why I chose the title.
That person was prolly just trying to make you feel bad, and I'm glad you didn't. I'm sure your Scar was smexy ^^.
But, 'not allowing' people to RP with you as if you had a highly-contagious disease just because he played the same character as you is quite immature.

I've got to say your advice sounds wonderful and perfectly fits with the situation I had to put up with.