Author Topic: Map not Exporting  (Read 1825 times)

Offline OllyWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map not Exporting
« on: December 13, 2014, 12:50:18 am »
When I try to Export the map. It loads a few things then says it is not responding, then crashes.
I've been trying all day and It's not working.

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
Re: Map not Exporting
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 01:14:26 am »
Hmm. Did you use any particles in the map? Because particles can duplicate themselves easily. Go to C:\FeralHeart\media\particles and delete any particles that are named 'nameofparticle_01' or 'nameofparticle_02'
If there are none, I would check your .object files. Make sure that any object file you created for the map consists only of meshes that are still there (if map-maker goes through an object file while exporting and it sees an object listed whose mesh is missing, it gets very mad and doesn't export...)

Offline OllyWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 06:36:04 am »
Hmm. Did you use any particles in the map? Because particles can duplicate themselves easily. Go to C:\FeralHeart\media\particles and delete any particles that are named 'nameofparticle_01' or 'nameofparticle_02'
If there are none, I would check your .object files. Make sure that any object file you created for the map consists only of meshes that are still there (if map-maker goes through an object file while exporting and it sees an object listed whose mesh is missing, it gets very mad and doesn't export...)

I tried checking the Particles and deleted the duplicated ones, and checked the objects and stuff and it still doesn't work :/
When I checked the map again. There was a weird smokey-misty thing that I could not click on or move. I checked all my items to see what it was and I couldn't find it :/

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 01:14:56 pm »
Hmmm. Well, the mist is obviously a particle. But particle bounding boxes are VERY small (the white thing around the object when you click on it). So, just clicking on a random misty spot won't select the particle itself. If you do happen to find the object you placed that has a particle, delete it and try again. Or, you could try not using any particles, then see if it will export. I really don't know what the problem is...
[I personally don't like using particles because they create duplicates and sometimes confuse map maker]

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 07:17:08 pm »
1.) Save map > Restart FH > Try Again
2.) Save Map > Delete Some Things > Export
3.) Save Map > Clear FH > Try reinstalling

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 07:24:22 pm »
You might have a particle attached to a mesh as Jay has mentioned, where you see this mist, try clicking on the meshes around it and checking for any attached particles. Or, you can try saving the map again then exporting the file. Also, you can temporarily clear your exports(just back up the inside files!) and try it after wards, I had the same issue and this worked for me.

Best wishes~
~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves