Author Topic: how to add more presets than whats given  (Read 1765 times)

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
how to add more presets than whats given
« on: June 21, 2018, 05:43:45 am »
heads up to the staff, my preset files are all filled! :O I want to create more folders without tossing current characters ;o;. I make new folders but they just ain't appearing in the game. i did the resources.cfg editing but that didn't do squat! :O Any ideas of what I can do?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: how to add more presets than whats given
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 11:48:51 am »
I suggest you to check out this tutorial: How To Have More Than 12 Presets

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 07:42:32 pm »

The instructions aren't updated and are currently broken so this doesn't help squat.

And what it looks like it says on the fact of using more accounts than one doesn't sound "resourceful" and im thinking its wasting the staff's time. (Considering its against the rules to make more than 1 account)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:45:59 pm by SenseiRei »

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 07:55:07 pm »
I believe the tutorial should be ok... if the methods described broke any serious rules or otherwise inconvenienced staff or others, it would have been locked a long time ago.

I would suggest adding more preset folders into the files, but albeit I'm not sure if this would work with the way the game is coded. Worth a shot at least. I'm not too intimate with the scripts, I'll admit, but I do have an alternate solution if someone else can't create one.

But you could also create a "backup" preset folder and just switch out the files as needed if that makes sense. Like, say you don't use the character that has preset 1 too often; you could cut the files within it and paste them into a different folder. Then you could put your thirteenth preset into the preset 1 folder. There wouldn't be more than 12 ACTIVE presets using this method, but you can have as many presets as you like if you swap out the different files.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:56:45 pm by Wyldercat »

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 07:59:20 pm »

The instructions aren't updated and are currently broken so this doesn't help squat.

And what it looks like it says on the fact of using more accounts than one doesn't sound "resourceful" and im thinking its wasting the staff's time. (Considering its against the rules to make more than 1 account)

It's not against the rules to make more than one account, it's just that multiple accounts are not encouraged:
Quote from: Official Game Rules
We also discourage users from creating tons of accounts for the game by themselves, for more than one reason. If the staff believes a user is in possession of too many accounts, some of them might be deleted without any warning.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Lucius

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 08:40:25 pm »

It's not against the rules to have more than one account. It is against the rules to have a ton of accounts.

• Your Account, Your Responsibility
    [...] We also discourage users from creating tons of accounts for the game by themselves, for more than one reason. If the staff believes a user is in possession of too many accounts, some of them might be deleted without any warning.
Official Game Rules

• Multiple Accounts
    [...] If possible, members of this site/game/forum should keep their account count as low as possible to make things more organized and prevent confusion. Actions might get taken if the staff believes a user is crossing the line.
Official Forum Rules and Guidelines

Aside from that, the number of presets allowed is probably defined in the source code, which means that it's most likely not possible to change it without some coding knowledge and work.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 08:46:03 pm »
i just use multiple folders and swap them out as required.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 09:18:51 pm »
I believe the tutorial should be ok... if the methods described broke any serious rules or otherwise inconvenienced staff or others, it would have been locked a long time ago.

I would suggest adding more preset folders into the files, but albeit I'm not sure if this would work with the way the game is coded. Worth a shot at least. I'm not too intimate with the scripts, I'll admit, but I do have an alternate solution if someone else can't create one.

But you could also create a "backup" preset folder and just switch out the files as needed if that makes sense. Like, say you don't use the character that has preset 1 too often; you could cut the files within it and paste them into a different folder. Then you could put your thirteenth preset into the preset 1 folder. There wouldn't be more than 12 ACTIVE presets using this method, but you can have as many presets as you like if you swap out the different files.

The tutorial is broken, what im meaning is that i cannot see the pictures. its just spaces with a tiny [?]. meaning the file doesnt work.

(Also heads up i use a mac and we mac users have a lot of errors, and it seems that Imgur/TinyPIC connections are on our list of errors)

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 09:22:35 pm »
Imgur is allowed on our site, in fact it's the one we recommend to people

Unfortunately it looks as though the author of that tutorial is no longer active so until if/when they return there will be no way to get the images back. However, images aren't required to get it to work as there are still instructions written out
Farewell everyone<3