Author Topic: How to: Make Blender find Python if it won't - Windows  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
How to: Make Blender find Python if it won't - Windows
« on: April 06, 2013, 02:52:23 pm »
This is just a tutorial I posted on another site, but it should be helpful here as well. This tutorial is for some of you who install Blender & Python, hoping to mesh, but for some reason, the little black window tells you it didn't find Python? But it's installed...
Quote from: xRubyx
This tutorial assumes you have Blender and the corresponding Python, with Python installed DIRECTLY to your C: DRIVE. If you don't, then you shouldn't be here.
This may be a tad different for Windows XP/8 but I have faith in you.
-
  • Close Blender & Python.
  • Press Windows Key, and then Pause Break on your keyboard

OR
Click the Start button, and click Computer. While in Computer, right click in the white area and then click Properties.
OR
Go to Control Panel, then System.
  • Click Advanced System Properties
  • Make sure you are in the Advanced Tab, then click Environment Variables... at the bottom of the window.
  • Under the second window, the the one for System Variables, click New... and call it "PYTHONPATH"
  • Then set the variable value to:

"C:\Python26\;C:\Python26\DLLs\;C:\Python26\Lib\;C:\Python26\Lib\lib-tk;" (yes, the ; is part of it.)
  • Click OK and then make sure you click OK on everything else, saving your changes and sturf.
  • Launch Blender, and see if the little black window finds Python. It should. If not, then either:
  • You may need to reboot your computer.
  • Python is not installed to your C: drive.
  • You did not do it right, re-read and try again or ask me.
In any case, I hope this helps some of you.