Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144539 times)

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking?
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2015, 04:23:14 am »
FeralHeart will be fine, most likely. The hackers didn't seem to get anything critical- the most they seemed able to do was kick people and distort their characters. They don't have access to Raz's personal server files, they can't truly harm the game or server data.

I'm more worried about Moonrise and CerealSoup, which are Proboards forums. Neither of us own or control the server itself that keeps the site running and so won't be able to backup everything. If WE are hacked, we could lose a lot. FeralHeart won't really be losing anything, to be honest.

Offline Harkan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2015, 04:24:17 am »
Anything we can do to help, Skulleh? If you had the IPs perhaps you could ban them from your boards?

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2015, 04:26:18 am »
I was there during most of this---pretty scary stuff. I'm really afraid for what will happen to FH, but I trust that the staff have it under control. I don't think Feralheart will be ending anytime soon, even if the server has to stay down for awhile.

For now, I think everyone should just be calm. We shouldn't be pointing fingers at anyone or starting to break the game rules.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2015, 04:26:27 am »
When I first heard about this situation, I instantly thought about the hacking attacks of several IT games recently by Cal. Although, I believe the group that hacked this game aren't the same people.

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2015, 04:28:17 am »
I don't have the IPs because the FH staff won't respond to me and give me the necessary information. There's nothing I can do until the FH staff get back to me. I've done all I can so far.

Offline Harkan

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2015, 04:30:14 am »
I don't have the IPs because the FH staff won't respond to me and give me the necessary information. There's nothing I can do until the FH staff get back to me. I've done all I can so far.

I doubt they'd ever give them out. Fear of copiers. Fear of unbanning their own IPs. You can never be for certain, and this I understand. I just wish someone could give me an update of progress, or perhaps I have missed it in my worried rambles. Talking has soothed my nerves. For now.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2015, 04:30:23 am »
Just going to say this; this thread isn't meant as a chat thread, it was meant as an announcement. As NegativeTen said, everyone should just calm down, stop pointing fingers, and don't assume anything until the staff has figured this all out. There is no need to be scared about anything, FeralHeart is not going anywhere, it will be back soon. The staff members will fix this, we as a community have to be patient and need to help the staff by not causing anymore problems or drama so they can focus on the task at hand.

in-game: hooli

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2015, 04:32:40 am »
I've noticed quite a few interesting patterns...there was once a time where a person (or team) made it their sole MISSION to hack and destroy every furry website possible, and they messed up quite a bit of the famous ones.
Not too long ago, Dragon's Den and Azoptaos were hacked. Wolf Soul was hacked more than once, back when I still played it. The common theme I keep seeing here is the way the "hacking" goes...Either the game, the forum, or both get shut down and messed with and the people responsible either don't say a word but act in ways that make their presence obvious...or we have these Tumblr idiots blowing up a storm...The thing is, I think the reasoning behind this is that once an opening is found through sites or games that people think will be prime victims, they get almost a power rush...They feel "awesome" or cool or special that they have this "power" to dismantle something hundreds of people dearly care for. 99% of the time, they have NO real motive other than to cause trouble and to get attention..and that's all they are - attention-seekers. They don't care what the members of a site/game will do in reaction..if anything, they WANT panic and sadness because negativity gets more attention, and guess what - that's what they want.
These people were either extremely bored or insecure in their own pathetic existence..seeing by their Tumblr posts, it's clear there is NO reason for their actions other than to make fools of themselves. They respond like trolls - it's like talking to a brick wall. They will never calmly respond in a mature manner because not giving any answers, or giving flat ones that fall through, are "funnier" for them.

It sucks that none of us can play tonight, I can say that...but we all need to understand the PSYCHOLOGY behind this. The more attention we give this, the more power these "hackers" get.
And the funny thing...when people say they "hack" things in today's world..most often, it's just that they found a password to something they shouldn't have.

I hope that the staff are doing okay and not too stress over this..many of us are not technically making the situation better. All we can do is analyze, understand the psychology, and wait it out.

You know, you actually have a really good point here.
Sometimes people don't need a legit reason to cause trouble like this on a game website or forums other than to just cause panic and chaos among members. These "hackers" more than likely dragged similar games into this like Moonrise and Ceral Soup to spread the chaos further, and make members of each community start pointing fingers as to who is responsible. "The hackers mentioned Moonrise and Ceral Soup. Therefore they must be behind this!" That's what they want us to think.
Whether this whole hacking mess is because the hackers are doing this for no reason but to cause trouble among the different animal MMO games, for a "revenge" mission against the FH staff, or something else, we may not truly know. The best we can do is not give them anymore attention, and get this sorted out.

Inactive

Offline xXBulletProofXx

• Experienced Traveler
  • 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖔𝖉
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2015, 04:35:05 am »
If anyone was there when all this went down can I hear what happened? I'm incredibly curious.
so what happened is these players got a hold of the MODS acc and chat and started fooling around, everyone was in shock, saying notice me senpaii and the MOD was just fooling around, it just went way to crazy, the MOD probably started banning people for no reason, i was so confused and in shock and IK the MOD'S wouldn't do that but what i saw is that the MOD was like lets have some fun and everyone said where are u, The MOD (not real) just went crazy

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2015, 04:38:21 am »
I believe several staffers have responded to you this evening, from what I am told. You are asking for very personal information from us, when we're still trying to recover and re-work around quite a little shake-up; It only happened less than 24 hours ago. We can't make promises that we'll have the answer to everybody's questions in the greatest detail at the end of the day, but if we are able to help give a heads-up to any other gaming communities, we must first get our own matters in line before we can do this.
Bear with us for a little while. It'll be alright.

Also, AbyssalRadiance had a great post up there about the hackers in general. They be trollz. Sit tight, Raz works his magic, and we'll be fine. No need to fret over them or give them your attention from the general community. They don't deserve such, no? :p
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||