Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144527 times)

Offline Harkan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking?
« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2015, 10:44:12 pm »
I hope the computer savvy folk of the community are being polled for ideas. You never know when one random suggestion makes it all come together..

Offline AbyssalRadiance

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2015, 10:55:11 pm »
Alright...I think I'm gonna get a lot of heat for this, but I need to say something....

I joined FH a couple years ago, this is just a newer account. It was my first look into the "IT server" realm. Since then I have tried many different similar games. They're all wonderful; they each have their own unique features brought to the table; they each have communities with both good and bad people. The IT realm is a hopeful, bright, creative world and it's wonderful. It has brought me tons of inspiration in my own work and helped me to understand roleplaying more, before I got into art college of course.

I must say though...As much as we all love this game, as important as it is to some players, and the staff..everyone needs to stop and calm down. Everyone is antsy right now, waiting for it to come back..Well I'm sorry but Raz cannot just flick a finger and make it all better. Raz and the other staff are adults with their own friends, families, jobs, obligations, and lives. The game may be something they love, but it always comes second...and it should for the rest of us. I understand many of us want an escape from reality..I understand many players are young children....But what happened to your other PC games? Drawing, reading good ol' fashioned books? Going outside, getting dirty, riding bikes, playing hide and seek or tag or SOMETHING...So many of us are just sitting here waiting for the game and stressing the poor staff out when they're doing all they can with what is available to them.

Who knows...maybe I see this as much more minor because I'm in college and I have other obligations that affect my life more..I dunno. I still love this game of course and just started playing it again recently after having to be gone for over a year. I would hate to see the game die out, as would all of you....but we need to get priorities in order.
The more we fret, the more power the hackers get, the more attention they earn..which is all they wanted. They wanted attention, power, and trouble, which is why they tried to frame Cereal Soup and Moonrise.
It's good that a big event brings the community together, but if we relax, things will flow much more smoothly.

Look around the rest of the forums, go on OTHER forums..go on your art sites, your other IT games..go on Youtube, watch a movie or some tv...doodle, read a book, do some homework (Universe knows I have plenty of it), go outside and chill like back in the 90s and early 2000s before internet got as essential as it is now.

As much as you are all worried...everything is fine. Everything will BE fine. The only reason I myself am lurking and posting more is to try and answer questions for others and see where things are going, but I have things to do too...Let's all just chill, everyone. FH will come back eventually.

LOVE FOR EVERYONE -hugs all around-

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2015, 10:58:02 pm »
We could RP in the forums, it just isn't as active I guess.
Edit: Ignore this, this was a reply to an earlier comment and I didn't refresh the page/was ninja'd.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline LunaLovesLife

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2015, 11:01:01 pm »
Edit: Ignore this, this was a reply to an earlier comment and I didn't refresh the page/was ninja'd.

I would rp on the forums, but non of my friends really Use the forums.. xD

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2015, 11:07:27 pm »
Adding onto this, the roleplay boards on the forum can be very interesting to check out, and you might find yourself enjoying them. It doesn't take much to jump into a roleplay there or create your own- you might even make some new friends there.

Don't feel like you have to sit around and wait. We're doing our best to fix things up, and there are plenty of other things to do around the website, as WhiteLightHeart mentioned earlier. Usually there's always a couple topics out there that will catch your interest. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2015, 11:14:22 pm »
Okay, I'm gonna be honest here: while FH is a fun game and I like it, its also basically dead in terms of updates. Yeah, I know, there's tons of player-made mods and maps and whatever, but I mean in terms of official updates. Kovu basically tossed the game out of the window in 2012. And speaking as someone who started playing in late 2011, I feel that this game has become.. inactive in resent years. In 2012, the game server could easily get so crowded that you couldn't get into Flourite because it was filled with too many people. But these days, its super easy to get into Flourite because it usually doesn't get higher then 200 in terms of players [note: I'm just talking about Flourite, there's usually MUCH more players then just 200 during the busiest hours of the day]. Its not just a school problem, either: the game in general has less players then it did before. Its not dead, but Its not super active either.

But this rant isn't REALLY about that. When the hackers hacked the game and I found out about it, there was ONE question in my mind: why.  Like, why  hack FH, a game that a lot of people enjoy and isn't harming anyone, and hack it? I seriously don't understand. FH isn't being really updated anymore, but its still a game that people enjoy, What's the point of hacking> I could understand hacking Wolfquest more then FH: Wolfquest is actually being updated and the makers are making some MONEY off of it. But FH isn't updated and they aren't making any money off of it. There's no point to hacking it.

So yeah, in short, I honestly think these hackers have no good reason to hack FH.

Either way, I hope this gets resolved.

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2015, 11:20:28 pm »
I've been reading the "hacker's" (air quotes due to the fact that this is the internet and people like claiming others work, good or bad, not sure if the tumblr is them or not) tumblr, but they seem to have a bone to pick with the adult members and mods of the game. They say that they are completely fine with the younger members, they just don't like how the older ones treat the younger ones and/or eachother,
Happy Pride Month!

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2015, 11:22:03 pm »
I've been reading the "hacker's" (air quotes due to the fact that this is the internet and people like claiming others work, good or bad, not sure if the tumblr is them or not) tumblr, but they seem to have a bone to pick with the adult members and mods of the game. They say that they are completely fine with the younger members, they just don't like how the older ones treat the younger ones and/or eachother,

uhh.. well I'm one of the younger ones age-wise but older time-on-feralheart-wise, so meh

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Shiro Kibo- The 9 year old, hyperactive Unique
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2015, 11:23:05 pm »
I agree. What is the point of hacking a free world chat room? It doesn't make much sense. What could the guy be benefitting from the hack? Maybe its a personal matter to the hacker o-o
~Knowing what your weakness is can be your greatest asset.

C.E

Offline AbyssalRadiance

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2015, 11:23:23 pm »

That'd be a pretty lame "reason", if that is it. Goes to show just how petty and immature these people are. They're just insecure and have nothing better to do with their lives.