Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144522 times)

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Shiro Kibo- The 9 year old, hyperactive Unique
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: Hacking?
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2015, 11:47:00 pm »
My question really is what exactly did they hacked that made it necessary to shut down the online servers?
Got on as MODs. Shut down to keep them from getting on as other users as well, and also to prevent them from incorrectly using mod powers.
So they hacked it through the use of a in-game modification on the hacker's end?
~Knowing what your weakness is can be your greatest asset.

C.E

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2015, 11:47:54 pm »
My question really is what exactly did they hacked that made it necessary to shut down the online servers?
Got on as MODs. Shut down to keep them from getting on as other users as well, and also to prevent them from incorrectly using mod powers.
So they hacked it through the use of a in-game modification on the hacker's end?
No, MODs as in Moderators.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »
Oh. So he hacked into one of the moderator accounts and shut it down?

C.E

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2015, 11:54:27 pm »
It's somewhere on the forums, but now it requires a lot of digging to find, so to sum it up: multiple people got into a couple moderator accounts, messed around with stuff, didn't shut it down but caused panic/confusion, they posted links to frame other sites (frame for lack of a better word), and they (people in charge of the game, not the hackers) had to shut down servers to keep everyone else safe/stop confusion.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2015, 11:56:43 pm »
It's somewhere on the forums, but now it requires a lot of digging to find, so to sum it up: multiple people got into a couple moderator accounts, messed around with stuff, didn't shut it down but caused panic/confusion, they posted links to frame other sites (frame for lack of a better word), and they (people in charge of the game, not the hackers) had to shut down servers to keep everyone else safe/stop confusion.
Oh. I think i get it now.

C.E

Offline Shadowshard

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2015, 11:58:01 pm »
yeah, shutting down the servers was a pretty much one of those "better safe than sorry moments.' besides, if these guys are able to hack moderator accounts, well...
The shadows are my greatest ally.
My scars aren't weakness, they're strength.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2015, 11:59:45 pm »
I've been flipping through the hacker's Tumblr posts, and they are definitely just trolls. They do, however, appear to be angry at our lovely staffers.
I bet my house they're just a load of butthurt troublemakers who were angry for being banned or something.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2015, 12:00:44 am »
yeah, shutting down the servers was a pretty much one of those "better safe than sorry moments.' besides, if these guys are able to hack moderator accounts, well...
In that case, hopefully these guys don't try it again and again. I hope the MODs can make a better security defense in case something like this happens again.

C.E

Offline Shadowshard

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 29, 2015, 12:01:12 am »
I've been flipping through the hacker's Tumblr posts, and they are definitely just trolls. They do, however, appear to be angry at our lovely staffers.
I bet my house they're just a load of butthurt troublemakers who were angry for being banned or something.
in all honesty, that would not surprise me in the least bit.
The shadows are my greatest ally.
My scars aren't weakness, they're strength.

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2015, 12:01:41 am »
So its a personal reason they are attacking FeralHeart?

C.E