Author Topic: Hyper-Realistic Roleplays  (Read 5184 times)

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
Re: Hyper-Realistic Roleplays
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 11:03:28 pm »
Maybe your Roleplay could be held in the Planet Earth map? o0o I know there to be one in the making/made, perhaps the creator could give you acess to it. Anyhoo, I may join in this RP sometime in the future, I'll have to wait and see... O3o

Offline StarBurst

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I can't think what to put here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 11:42:08 pm »
I didn't expect the idea to be so popular! I'm still thinking about how it will be :)
There are 3 things I know about you:
1. You cannot touch all your teeth at once with your tongue.
2. You just tried it so you know its not true.
3. You are copying and pasting this into your own siggy.
Don't click this, really don't.  http://tinyurl.com/fhroleplay

Offline Transatlantic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Friendly Neighbourhood Blue Dog Thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 12:03:18 am »
I'd guess the reason why it's so uncommon as a type of roleplay is because people like being able to connect with characters. We personify them so that they're easier to relate to, and easier to get emotions, ideas, and concepts out of, since emotions and human-like actions and traits are what drive storylines a lot of the time (revenge, love, hate, betrayal, jealousy, the lust for power, greed...etc etc.) Of course, a lot of those are still very possible to accomplish without removing any realism at all, but it feels a lot more limited and difficult, I guess. My character, Lars, wouldn't be the same character anymore just by removing his ability to think and talk like a human would. Personifying it makes it easier to connect and relate to, because we're human.

The idea sounds really interesting, though. I like it ;u;

Offline StarBurst

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 10:10:22 am »
Ok, thought about how the hyper-realistic roleplay I am making is gonna be. It will be semi-literate to literate, 100% realistic, (of course) and for all species. More information coming soon.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 02:15:46 pm »
I've actually seen only one instance of this hyper-realistic roleplay.

In fact, had I not been busy at the time, I would have joined it.
It was back when General was still around, and I saw an ad for a wolf pack that was about as realistic as it could get on FeralHeart-- no dialog, and not even any real names for the wolves. It was Alpha Male, Alpha Female, Beta Male, and so on as the character names.
While I personally would at least give my character a name that would match their appearance (perhaps like a traditional Warrior name, like Darkfur or Greeneyes), I personally find the prospect of roleplaying a dialog-mute, purely realistic character a interesting and fun challenge for roleplaying.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 12:01:57 am »
I've actually seen only one instance of this hyper-realistic roleplay.

In fact, had I not been busy at the time, I would have joined it.
It was back when General was still around, and I saw an ad for a wolf pack that was about as realistic as it could get on FeralHeart-- no dialog, and not even any real names for the wolves. It was Alpha Male, Alpha Female, Beta Male, and so on as the character names.
While I personally would at least give my character a name that would match their appearance (perhaps like a traditional Warrior name, like Darkfur or Greeneyes), I personally find the prospect of roleplaying a dialog-mute, purely realistic character a interesting and fun challenge for roleplaying.

I remember watching a Documentary that called the wolf they were studying 'Black Wolf' or 'BlackTail', and
Here is the thing,it can be VERY difficult to do a HYPER REALISTIC because, not many people Rp like that ;-; I want to find a honest-to-goodness-down-to-earth-realistic Lion Pride RP!
IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK WORLD?!?! WHYYYYY!?!? D:!

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline StarBurst

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 09:48:15 pm »
Well, you should give them names such as Black or Sharpclaws, just names that describe what they look like. That, I think would be more fun then no names at all, and realistic.

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 11:47:50 pm »
What about names from the area where the species is native too? Such as Swahili or other African names for lions, Chinese, Russian Indian names for tigers etc.

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 06:42:39 am »
Hehe, I do believe I made one of the first hyper-realistic roleplays a couple of years back. It was known as Trinity Pride and there was just one male among a number of other females. Anyone who spoke was warned via whisper or reminded it was a roleplay where speech wasn't permitted. It was a good run, but after around 6 months of roleplay, I went inactive due to a computer shut-down and the pride dispersed. It was a good run, and I love the roleplay, but they can't all last forever. I'd love to join a hyper-realistic roleplay again... Perhaps I'll get around to making one some time c:

~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 09:37:06 am »
I'm a fairly new RPer and FeralHeart user. I've only been here for a few months, but in that time I've seen only one Roleplay that was Hyper-realistic.

That's right, count 'em, ONE.

Though few and far between these Rps facinate me because they really are the definition of roleplay: Acting like a spieces or persona that ISN'T you, and acting it like it is in real life!

I'd most definitely join one that was active, but my timezone would make my life hard XD
Great idea, though!