Author Topic: Female presets?  (Read 2589 times)

Offline iralia

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Female presets?
« on: July 06, 2013, 07:41:26 pm »
I cant get my female character to look right, so has anyone made any good female presets??!?

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Female presets?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 07:46:47 pm »
I doubt a preset could make something look like a girl. Try tweaking around with the character to make it look more female.
dead account

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 08:02:56 pm »
Well here's some advice. When I create feminine character presets the best way to really make them seem more feminine is to make the eyes really big and the pupils large bright and exaggeratedly animated. Usually at the tips of the eyes I add a bit of a black streak to not only give the impression that they have long lashes or eye liner but also add a feminine ellengance to it's features. It's hard to describe but you can give that a try. Also as mentioned above try messing around with the size sliders. You can make her physique more slender and elegant and not as bold as you would a male character. Maybe pick the eye cover mane. Little bits like that help.

Offline iralia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 08:05:22 pm »
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 05:28:06 pm »
Looking at cartoons (especially animated Disney) is a really good way to get a feel for exaggerated feminine/masculine features, especially if you're going for less realism (which I assumed, since realistic wolves are pretty much monomorphic). Some exambles would be silkier, well kept fur, a slightly smaller nose/muzzle, larger irises/pupils and eyes in general, dark rims around the eyes to give the impression of long lashes (if you overdo that she'll just look halfheartedly goth, though), sometimes a slightly darker, cooler shade of the character's base colour on/near the eyelid can give an eyeshadow-like effect.

You could also use markings and colouration to accentuate more feminine features; softer, curvier lines are percieved as female while sharp edges and straight lines will seem masculine. Even if you already have a character design a little bit of adjustment to lines and marking edges here and there can make a huge difference in how her facial structure/the shape of the mesh is percieved.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:30:49 pm by Tearless »

Offline iralia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 07:32:06 pm »
Thaks, everyone, it worked! XD

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 01:37:10 am »
Glad we could help you ^^ You should share a screenie of it maybe? It would be cool to see how it turned out^^

Offline Whitny124

• Forum Newcomer
  • Assholes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 01:18:10 am »
Well...I dont know how explain it...But try look at the others female presets so you might have one idea of a nice presets., or you can make a similar.But dont copy persons presets can be annoyin'. Hope it help^^

Offline iralia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 06:06:58 pm »
Ma preset failed lol coz i only have paint -_- But thanks anyway guys :3

Offline Microfloof

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 06:12:50 pm »
Ma preset failed lol coz i only have paint -_- But thanks anyway guys :3

Sorry about that. You should get GIMP, it's free and easy to use once you get used to it. If you know how to make markings you can also make something sort-of preset-like. If you get GIMP and private message me I could take you through how to make markings step-by-step if you don't already know. :3

Skypeeez: DelightfulRippedSofa
View my deviantART or submit a help ticket!