Author Topic: Can't We Just RP?  (Read 2543 times)

AlphaEclipse

Can't We Just RP?
« on: September 09, 2013, 10:43:48 pm »
Hay people.
Has anyone ever gotten this?

I usually always do this:
Little AlphaEclipse goes to Fluorite and watches every movie that is published. Alpha finds one that seems decent and looks for the recruiter. Alpha finds them and asks if she can join. They say yes, they just need an RP sample. Alpha gives them a perfect sample and is accepted. *A few minutes later* Alpha follows the recruiter to the pack/RP group and finds them all sitting in a circle talking/derping around for already 20 minutes. Little Alpha sits down and listens to the conversation, hoping the role play begins soon. *An hour goes by* "Can we RP now?" Asks the Alpha currently on the ground bored and being impatient. "A few more minutes" Says the RP leader. *20 minutes later* BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH DERP BLAH. Poor Alpha rages and poofs.

See what I mean? Anyone else have this problem when they join an RP after waiting forever and then they don't even RP? I have this happen to me constantly. It isn't always just an hour I'm waiting. I can poof, come back on a few hours later and still get: BLAH BLAH BLAH DERP BLAH. -_- *Mad Alpha is mad* I like talk to people randomly when not in an RP, but you were advertising for a RP not a derp feast 'conversational RP.' (If that's even a thing) Anyone else had/have this happen to you?

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't We Just RP?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 11:14:29 pm »
Put simply... If it ain't RP, it ain't happening. I have joined a few groups that seemingly recruit just for the fun of speaking with a group of the same species as their character, and I must say it can get boring quick. I'll get down to the solution right away then; ask around your group for members like you wanting to RP. Then, head a little ways away from the social chatter-boxes and just RP without them. From my personal experiences, I've found that if you stay within local range of each other eventually something will be said that entices another member to join in. Then another, and another, and maybe even the leader will join in. Truth is; people like to do similar things with each other. If one group sees people RolePlaying something that interests them, more than likely they'll join in the fun c:

Offline Tigerheart08

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Tigerheart08 in-game
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 11:36:16 pm »
OH MY GOD. If I got a member for every time that's happened to me my group would be humungous. That's why in my group we talk in OOC as little as possible or else we're RPing without you and if you miss something then you miss it no one's going to stop and explain things.

Follow the damned.. I have lost the way again

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 11:44:23 pm »
From my personal experiences, I've found that if you stay within local range of each other eventually something will be said that entices another member to join in. Then another, and another, and maybe even the leader will join in. Truth is; people like to do similar things with each other. If one group sees people RolePlaying something that interests them, more than likely they'll join in the fun c:
xD Good point! I've seen that happen so many times before. Most people want to be apart of the group instead of the loner. (I'd probably be the loner to be RPing alone xD)

OH MY GOD. If I got a member for every time that's happened to me my group would be humungous. That's why in my group we talk in OOC as little as possible or else we're RPing without you and if you miss something then you miss it no one's going to stop and explain things.
Arg! I wish I could find one of your groups. Very very rarely do I find role plays that don't skip a day if someone decides not to show up.

Offline Transatlantic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Friendly Neighbourhood Blue Dog Thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 11:47:08 pm »
This is another reason why I usually stick to mapped roleplays--you can usually be assured that there'll be an actual roleplay going on if the roleplay is ran well. If mapless roleplays are where you always encounter that problem, I'd take a shot at doing mapped roleplays that look promising.

but ajdfadl; it's so frustrating when nobody is roleplaying and it seems impossible to get them back into gear.

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 11:48:29 pm »

It happens way too often. Luckily i have a friend that usually rages for me when the group doesn't want to rp xDD

That's why I hardly Rp on feralheart anymore... Between the mate beggars, wolfspeakers and nit picky rpers and the derp groups, I just can't stand it. v.v *switches back over to wq* Even then though, I get these people, but its much easier to ditch em. I would rp solo to get others to join, like warrior said, but it usually gets out of hand with the other groups rping in local...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:52:35 pm by Arkanis Void »

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 01:39:23 am »

It happens way too often. Luckily i have a friend that usually rages for me when the group doesn't want to rp xDD

That's why I hardly Rp on feralheart anymore... Between the mate beggars, wolfspeakers and nit picky rpers and the derp groups, I just can't stand it. v.v *switches back over to wq* Even then though, I get these people, but its much easier to ditch em. I would rp solo to get others to join, like warrior said, but it usually gets out of hand with the other groups rping in local...
This just made my day. I tend to randomly RP alone at times and have others come and join in. I must admit, I'd rather have a plotted RP but it's a bit quicker than having to think of an original plot and then write a story for just 30 minutes  of RP time, if that makes sense.
This is another reason why I usually stick to mapped roleplays--you can usually be assured that there'll be an actual roleplay going on if the roleplay is ran well. If mapless roleplays are where you always encounter that problem, I'd take a shot at doing mapped roleplays that look promising.

but ajdfadl; it's so frustrating when nobody is roleplaying and it seems impossible to get them back into gear.
I also like to stick to mapped RPs because they tend to be better and last much longer than the common, 'one-time-RP' which I also don't like. (But that's a bit off topic)xD

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 11:58:16 pm »
I HATE IT WHEN THEY DO THAT! *Le Epic Face Desk*! GAAAH!

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Microfloof

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 07:01:14 pm »
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=39085.new#new <--- Have fun, ALpha. XD

I agree with all the above, it is extremely annoying. I think that leaders should make a rule that if you're not roleplaying, you're not in it. If people join a recruiting roleplay, then they're joining a roleplay group, not something where all you do is sit on peoples heads and derp around. I hate it when I'm the only one in the entire group that wants to actually roleplay. So I'm happy that there is going to be an official roleplay day, even though people are probably going to ignore the whole thing.

Skypeeez: DelightfulRippedSofa
View my deviantART or submit a help ticket!