Author Topic: Something that bothers me...  (Read 3549 times)

SoulRevenge

Re: Something that bothers me...
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 09:00:57 pm »
I personally dislike the opinion of people that out-right speak this, without any 'backup'  whatsoever to prove their point. Especially if they don't bother attempting to do anything for the game themselves.

Kinda makes me all the more peeved when someone's breaking the rules and they're just standing there, shaking their heads and tutting away, "Oh, the mods don't do their jobs. Look at this hideous, rule-breaking display. I'll stand here and complain, not about the user, but rather the staff members."

Any other time, though, I can sometimes understand why people might be upset with the staff members. Otherwise, if you don't make any attempt of withholding some sort of unwritten responsibility as a member and player of the game, don't say crap about the mods, who are doing a hell of a lot more than a lot of people. Cause' you're pretty 'lazy and uncaring' yourself.

Offline Xalaria

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 09:57:22 pm »
I haven't been on the game very long but I, too, have noticed this.

People always talk about how the mods 'don't try hard enough' or 'don't do their jobs well enough." Well, I'd like to see them try to moderate a game with over 20,000 users--it isn't easy, to say it simply. They can't be at every map, at every location, and every second of the day. That's why we have the option to report users who break rules: to help the staffers. They can't do it alone, so instead of complaining, people need to do something and help out.

Offline Diamondsky

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 10:42:41 pm »
I personally dislike the opinion of people that out-right speak this, without any 'backup'  whatsoever to prove their point. Especially if they don't bother attempting to do anything for the game themselves.

Kinda makes me all the more peeved when someone's breaking the rules and they're just standing there, shaking their heads and tutting away, "Oh, the mods don't do their jobs. Look at this hideous, rule-breaking display. I'll stand here and complain, not about the user, but rather the staff members."

Any other time, though, I can sometimes understand why people might be upset with the staff members. Otherwise, if you don't make any attempt of withholding some sort of unwritten responsibility as a member and player of the game, don't say crap about the mods, who are doing a hell of a lot more than a lot of people. Cause' you're pretty 'lazy and uncaring' yourself.
I know. They are doing EXACTLY what they think the staff is doing.
Pretty ironic.

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 11:59:24 pm »
I haven't been on the game very long but I, too, have noticed this.

People always talk about how the mods 'don't try hard enough' or 'don't do their jobs well enough." Well, I'd like to see them try to moderate a game with over 20,000 users--it isn't easy, to say it simply. They can't be at every map, at every location, and every second of the day. That's why we have the option to report users who break rules: to help the staffers. They can't do it alone, so instead of complaining, people need to do something and help out.

I don't know if anyone could say this better.

This is what I say to the people who complain about the staff...

+Floof for you, Xalaria
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 12:16:06 am »
Ehheh, I too agree with this whole thread 100%. Finally, it would seem there are some individuals that do understand what the mods/admins are going through as they are indeed human beings, mortals. They are not a robot, they are not almighty divines, nothing of the sort. They are no different than you and me, so why do users alienate them so? It's both tedious and immature, in my personal opinion. While I understand that everyone has their own opinion, there's a big difference between verbally attacking and co-working. Most quarrels I witness end up leaning more towards verbally attacking when it comes to expressing one's own opinions about the staff and their actions. Why do this? Is it so hard as to message a staff member with whatever reason you may have and just talk like civilized humans rather than bare your teeth and criticize like a barbarian? This goes for reports, disagreements, etc.

I have seen users say things along the lines of, "The mods are nothing but immature eight year olds." yet I have personally talked to the mods. They have to be some of the most understanding, open-minded individuals I've conveyed with in a long while during my years being with the community. Whilst I've witnessed said user run around thinking they own the game with an arrogant attitude.
There's even been times when I've seen users break the rules via swearing but then when they see a user doing something they don't like, they shriek out, "Ohmaigosh! I'm so going to ban you if you don't stop! I know the mods! Their my friends!!1!!1" Ehheh, events like this is enough to make me burst out in laughter at the irony, the hypocritical, actions pulled by some members of the community.

When it comes to reports, the mods are not monsters. They are not demons. It is the users themselves that make them monsters, it is they who force the mods to pull a variety of actions for the safety of the community. If one wishes to make the game more enjoyable and safe, then obey the rules and co-exist with each other. Not break out in tedious fights and do what you want in an endless rebellion. That is not the right pathway to saunter down on. The same goes for users who witness an individual rule-breaking yet does nothing except complain about the staff. You want the game to have less of said users running around acting like a fool? Then do something about it.

My apologies if my post sounded a bit harsh. I merely cannot stress enough how much this rubs my fur the wrong way. I thank you for making this thread Ms. Taylor. It was a real stress-reliever I suppose you could put it that way.
gone

Offline Diamondsky

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 12:57:45 am »
Your welcome to you guys for posting the thread. I couldn't believe the people who would say such bad things to ordinary people just like them!
Thank you for also posting your points of view, its great that a lot of people feel the same way I do about the staff's mistreatment.

Offline Hotdogsrule

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • i eat cereal at 6 pm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 03:01:21 am »
Finally someone understands. xD You have no idea how many times I've been chatting with a group when all of a sudden, someone says this. And then everyone agrees.
"Kovu abandoned us! The staff don't do crap!" "Yeah" Just.. No. skjdhfsk Especially you're point with few people controling 800+ members at a time. There are several maps, more than a few users, you can't expect them to be patrolling around 24/7, catching everyone and being completely uptight about everything. People don't have eyes everywhere and people also have lives outisde of the computer. (Maybe not so much for me, but.. xDD)

bork
(i don't even like hotdogs)

Offline donutforest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 03:14:04 am »
I agree 100%
Although I used to be those people who either said "Kovu abandoned us!! HE DITCHED US!!" or "MODs just sit around" I didnt know what I was thinking, although I did join the game when I was like 8 or 9, so, I wasnt pretty smart
But yeah, try moderating a game with 1,000+ Members, not easy..

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 03:28:06 am »
Thank you..just thanks.

Signature by HellVix