Author Topic: Feral Heart: Expression or Escape?  (Read 4027 times)

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart: Expression or Escape?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 05:13:22 pm »
D'aaww, thanks to everyone who replied to this topic!  I'm glad that you all were actually able to make sense of my ramblings, haha. Well, I s'pose it's only fair that I share my own thoughts on it. As many of you have said, I think it's a little of both for me. While it's a completely different world from the realm of reality (y'know, with everyone walking/flying around as wolves and lions and dragons 'n' such), but in some ways it's an extension of my reality. While I'm still me under whatever furry guise I'm wearing, it feels like a different me, a me that is more free to be who I want to be (now I feel like Dr. Seuss myself, Jane Doe!) whether it means just chilling out as one of my OC's or roleplaying as a kickbutt warrior she-wolf, I'm being who I want to be. And sometimes, that's a lot better than who I have to be in reality. *proofreads before I click "Post"* Oh great! more ramblings! Exactly what I wanted to happen. Oh well. I'll just have to hope you all can figure it out. Again, thanks for sharing your own thoughts on this topic!
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Transatlantic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Friendly Neighbourhood Blue Dog Thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 04:01:28 pm »
I act way different on FH than I do anywhere else. Probably a mixture. I like being able to show another side of myself without having to worry about getting ridiculed by anyone. It's kind of where I channel my still-rampant love for animals.

Offline Levi-Heichou-AoT

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • damian wayne tho
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 04:33:46 am »
Actually, I prefer both.

But I use FeralHeart a lot to escape it all. The reason is that I am a very hot-tempered person and so that means I get in a lot of fights. People in reality and on skype make me depressed and upset enough that I go on FeralHeart, see my friends and hang out with them, or meet some more. I use it a lot to be someone I have always wanted to be. I've always wanted to be that friendly person that everyone wants to be friends with, but now that I have my friends I don't intend to be like that. I always meet new people almost everyday and it makes me happy to see one more friend. It breaks me to see my friends that are not online, because they mean so much to me. I get upset and I try to meet new friends.
I love everyone on FeralHeart, even the noobs, even the mods, even the people who have treated me badly for the past years.
Recently I've been using FeralHeart for Expression, but now I'm just using it for Escape, due to my anxiety and paranoia. It's almost impossible for me to think clearly, but when I'm on FeralHeart, everything is perfect.

I hope this adds to your vote.

I'm both.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 04:52:36 am »
Interesting topic......

I find FeralHeart as a bit of both. It is my escape after a rough day at work or, at home. Not fun when your ex keeps attacking you aye? I find it as a place to wind down, chill, chat, and enjoy the quietness for once <3 It's like a virtual spa you can enjoy and relax at for as long as you want without paying.

I also find it as a expressing place, because you can express who you are, show your inner self without worry of being run down or hurt by it. I'm a funny lady, and many brush me away, but when i'm in FeralHeart, they accept me for who I am, and join in! I really love it <3

Dis was a gewd response to make hurhurhur

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves