Author Topic: Uncommon Species  (Read 5986 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Uncommon Species
« on: August 21, 2014, 06:57:40 pm »
With all the beautiful animals in this world, it would be near impossible to roleplay them all. However, some animals deserve a bit more recognition, don't you think? It's not that I want EVERY species to be known by everyone, but there are some interesting species that I think would make good roleplays in this game...

~The Maned Wolf~

Probably the most popular animal to roleplay on Feralheart would have to be the wolf... or just canines in general. You'll see arctic wolves, timber wolves, all kinds of foxes and dogs. The maned wolf, (even though it's not a true wolf, and has it's own genus, similarly to the cheetah) is one that most people have never even heard of. I think it would be fun to set up a few roleplays for it... I mean, look at that BEAUTIFUL fur... and those legs! Another reason this floofy critter deserves recognition is it's similarity to other canines. When I was walking around on my maned wolf, Mela, some annoying realism-natzi runs up to me and starts bashing my character, saying "FOXES AREN'T THAT TALL, YOU UNREALISTIC NOOB! STOP MAKING UP FAKE NEW SPECIES!" (something along those lines). I'm not going to rant, don't worry.

~Aardwolves~

Now, we've all seen hyenas at bonfire, correct? Most of them are the well-known spotted hyena, but there are a few stripey ones too. Chances are, no one knows what this cute floof is: the Aardwolf. I once saw an aardwolf get criticized for being a "fake gray TLK hyena" as well as "Too small to be a realistic adult." If people love roleplaying as oher hyenas, why not give this little critter a chance in the spotlight? Just look at that widdle face!  ;D

~Servals~

I've seen all kinds of cats around FH... lions, tigers, lynx, bobcats, cougars, you name it! One I've never seen is the serval. These guys are one of the cutest wild cats (in my opinion, at least) and have very interesting behavior. I'm currently trying to figure out a good character design for one, and I can't wait to rp as it when it's finished. Look at those big ears! SQUEEE!

Well, that's all for me. What species do YOU think deserve more recognition?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Uncommon Species
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 07:12:14 pm »

the sand cat!
these babies are just plain adorable, but i never see anyone make them! it's terribly sad, 'cause they're awesome.

african wildcat! lots of people love thin and tall builds, so why not this one?

asian golden cat! how pretty are these guys?

... pallas' cat. why would you not want to be one of these. they are literally fluffy sausages.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:14:01 pm by Spottedbears »

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline FullFeralMetal

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Always up for a challenge. ;3
    • View Profile
    • Akma-se Pack
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:13:40 pm »
F U L L F E R A L M E T A L

The Servals remind me of the race Khajiit from Skyrim. -NerdMoment-

I am going to make one once my ban time is up. They look really interesting and fun to role-play as. e.e
Rollo: *annoyed huff*

Signature made by Ugly Queen, SoapBox, Optimistic
In-game User : FullFeralMetal

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 07:15:19 pm »
THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE GOATS

*ahem*

I think for canine and feline characters, I've never seen a brown hyena before. I've seen spotted and striped hyenas, but none of those extremely fluffy looking brown hyenas.

Also, fox species besides the red fox and fennec fox. Grey foxes, arctic foxes, crab-eating foxes, there's so many other types of foxes :3

Pfft I want to make some fox or brown hyena character now

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 07:19:01 pm »
Ooh~! I love all of these animals, actually, and I'm sad they're not very renowned - look how beautiful and cute they are~

I have to say that I'd love to see more species like the Clouded Leopard become more popular.

They're always this small, too! It's like they never grow up - the corgi in a leopard form, so to speak! They're adorable and love trees. And have you seen a cub of them? They're so cute~! I like them ten times more than any normal leopard or the overused snow leopard, because they're so tiny and cute.

I'd also love to see more Mule Deer. Now, I see deer like the white-tailed deer, roe deer, etc. being role-played more than these guys. The bucks are amazingly huge, and look at their ears - they're so cute and big~

I would love to see more Fennec Foxes, too. I never see them as much. They're this tiny as full-grown adults - just look at 'im! Too cute for me to handle!

That's it for me before I die from all this cuteness.
-Wolfie

Offline MadMoai

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sleepy woof
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 08:11:44 pm »
I'm not overly familiar with cats, but I do like canids a lot... I have a fox character who is not a red fox or fennec fox, but a pampas fox. (Wikipedia says it's a "false" fox, but the quotes confuse me, so now I have no idea if it's a real fox or not. xD ) Pampas foxes are really slim and not-so-fluffy, but they are related to another canid called the Andean fox (or culpeo), which looks (to me) half-fox and half-corgi.

I don't know if this is just me, but I've seen a lot of wolves and foxes, but not a whole lot of coyotes.

(Also, I really like clouded leopards and I have a character of one of those too ;o )

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 09:15:50 pm »
*chants* MORE WHALES, MORE WHALES.

Eheh, I think would like to see more people being Lynxes! They're lovely animals, and their face reminds me of Khajit. Also, not many people have heard of the "Rusty Spotted". They're really cute cats :3 I wish someone would start a role play for them.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline FullFeralMetal

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Akma-se Pack
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 09:49:55 pm »

Honestly, if I were to choose one certain species to get less of -- it'd be the Warrior Cats. I've read the books, but never really 'liked' it. When I see a Warrior Cat and think it's a lion or something, I'll whisper them and the normal answer is this : I am looking for a clan, not a pride. o.e Okie, you can't just reply back with a no?

Eh, but the most creatures I play on are wolves and lions. I do role-play one famous little bunny though, Thoko.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 10:57:55 pm »
Sand cats totally need more attention, they're as cute as heck. xD

And honestly, one thing I'd love to see more of in FeralHeart would be a manx cat.
Calico Manx Cat
I know, it's just a normal domestic cat, and we're talking about normal species, but honestly I think these guys need some more attention too in Warrior Cats...

Though, more on-topic...

Wombats too. Wombats are good.

I guess people sometimes think this is just a lion and wolf game, though, but personally I think there needs to be more types of wild cats sometimes...

Offline FullFeralMetal

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Akma-se Pack
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 11:04:57 pm »

Everyone says Warrior Cats have their own species, being that they are cats with powers? Alas, the Wombat should get more users interested. Point being that the odds of users playing these species are -- as I like to say -- less likely to happen unless more members step in on the topic. e3e