Author Topic: Sense o humor?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Sense o humor?
« on: August 22, 2016, 09:32:58 pm »
How would ye describe yer sense of humor? What types of jokes do you find funny? What types of jokes would you tell?

As for me personally, most of my humor is based off of rather dark or offensive (such jokes are reserved for close friends who I am positive that they are ok with such topics), though I'm also a sucker for awful puns or nerdy, science-based humor (such as Hank Green's videos). Sometimes, spontaneous humor, such as an irrelevant statement or seemingly harmless word. I also have a lot of inside jokes I work with. Sometimes, roasting (with consent and/or with friendly intentions) can force a chuckle as well.

As for comedic interest, I can enjoy comedians along the styles of Louis CK, Jeff Dunham, Bo Burnham and John Mulaney. HI admit, I do shamefully laugh at raunchy jokes.
I will admit, I often joke about depression, suicide and similar sensitive issues, but again, only with people who are 100% ok with it. I typically use gallows humor as a coping method to cover up my own depression and the like.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Sense o humor?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 09:35:14 pm »
I'm pretty much the same way when it comes to my humor. I laugh at stuff that probably should not be laughed at And it's why I'm going to hell hue but I very rarely share them with anyone.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:34:10 am »
I will laugh nonstop at anything random (and that doesn't even make sense)
Farewell everyone<3

Offline OutofBreath

• Yasamin
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • gone from feralheart but not from chickens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 01:51:02 am »
All of my jokes are inside jokes that no one else would understand. But they are basically told in a short story kind of way.
profile picture by IsabellaGraceS

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 03:08:50 am »
I will laugh at anything I find funny x3 There's really no limit for me...no matter how bad it may be >x< I just love laughing!

You are amazing <3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 05:14:47 am »
My sense of humor is...derpy? Two words: Clever memes xD
And as many of you have posted already, things that people normally shouldn't laugh at is usually what I find funny.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 07:05:47 am »
I usually joke about anything that's not offensive. I tease my friends, use self-sarcasm and throw out lines, idk how to explain my humor, it just comes natural,like, it just comes to me like 'pop, hey bish I'm here -ripsofshirt- time for Mr.joke to take the lead'. I usually say jokes about blondes(to tease my blonde friends, of course never trying to be insulting), I use sarcasm about my surroundings, make fun of something around me, tease my parents and friends, make up silly stories with non-sense stuff that touch the 'fun' zone etc. Although I could never tell jokes that cross the line and I'd stop if someone tells me something bothered them. I can't joke about serious matters as depression, suicide, racism, religions etc. Idk I just can't ;D;

I'd say my humor is childish.
I think like a child so most of my jokes come from the heart since 90% of my jokes are just me being silly and saying lines like 'Go go power rangers' etc. because I can't insult anyone, I may do sometimes but never willing.
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:47:44 am »
I laugh to a sophisticated mix of satire, sarcasm, rhetoric, and dark humor along with a hint of irony and cleverness.
Oh and tons of inside jokes. I'm not good at jokes but I could be a big goof sometimes, otherwise I'm pretty lame.
Frank Zappa and Sparks are musicians I find funny.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 04:22:50 pm »
I've been told that I have a bit of a dry sense of humor. I'm not particularly very good at jokes, but the ones I would tell would probably be a sort of inside reference or in context to the situation. If someone tells a humorous joke or says something funny, I will most likely laugh. I don't find things as funny when you're expecting it to be funny, but rather when you're not expecting it to be.

I do occasionally like to take things that would not normally be funny and turn them into something humorous.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:30:18 pm by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 04:48:03 am »
i admit that i do have a shamefully child-like sense of humor. i try to hide it but honestly i can't help but giggle when the ketchup bottle makes a fart sound, amongst other things. i guess it was how i was raised. -sigh-

irony and sarcasm also tickles my funny bone. sometimes i find dark humor/satire enjoyable but i don't like it when it's taken too far and only used to offend people. it's just not me i guess. :T