Author Topic: DA Drama (Rant?)  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
DA Drama (Rant?)
« on: September 05, 2016, 08:24:56 pm »
Alright, now before I begin, I would just like to ask that if any of you were involved in this conflict and feel the need to speak up about it, please be respectful and mature. I don't want this to be locked because of an argument break out. Also, if any staff feel the need to move this, or if its not belongin' here at all, I apologize. I wasn't sure where to put this.

Now, onto the point.

So recently there's been some drama on DeviantArt involvin' a few members of this otherwise lovely community. Although I am strongly biased, as me and three of my close friends were involved, I will try to give an objective summary.

So, basically someone was inquired as to why a watermark was on a lineart piece, and an argument broke out. Afterwards, there were some journal and art piece call outs, which didn't directly target anyone, but were still visibly regardin' the conflict. There were some more comment wars, and such, includin' some neutral third parties interventions; and in the end, most of those involved blocked their "opposition."

Now, this isn't a call out post, an appeal post, or anythin' of the like. I simply wish to say; can't we just end this out of site drama? I believe that both parties overreacted to some degree, but can't we just take some criticism, change our ways of thought, respond logically and not assume everything to be an insult; and put this all behind us?

So, yeah. I hope this didn't come off as rude or the like, but this needs to stop. These friends of mine are being harassed, and are bein' rallied against; and its honestly a bit unnecessary given the situation was a misunderstandin' of both sides.

Anyways, onto the topic of rant/discussion:
Can't we just give benefit of the doubt sometimes? Not every inquisition or non-complement comment is an insult or has rude intentions. Please, relax, DA community. This of course, also applies to other communities, as well as the forum. Please keep this in mind, it's not hard to approach things calmly.

Tl;dr: Please have a thicker skull and don't blow things out of proportions.

Thank you for readin'. I'll probably also be postin' this to DA, but since it concerns this community, I figured I'd post it here.

(Also, for those involved, I'd like to arrange a settlement or peace agreement. The drama is really gettin' to the site.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:26:31 pm by TwistedLizard »

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline iCharlez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • direfulfloof
    • channel/UCXYaNpit55vn5woGk18CYGA
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: DA Drama (Rant?)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 08:42:06 pm »
Wait, so someone freaked out because a watermark was on a lineart piece, and that caused someone to over react? Unbelievable!
That is so immature, and does not make any sense to me.

I get questions all the time on my DA pieces I post, and I don't mind answering. On Instagram as well, I guess I posted one of my drawings that look similar to someone else's, and a user sent me a DM to ask about it. I simply told her that I have seen that piece before (the one she thought I copied from), but it was a few years ago and I had no intention. To provide evidence, I provided her a reference photo off the internet (real life photograph), and said I used that as my reference, not someone else's work.

She apologized for wasting my time (which was not necessary at all, but she did anyways), and we continued on. No drama, all private, no one else's business. I'm glad that she did not just assume and create unnecessary drama.

Your situation is really insane, and very unnecessary. People should not be afraid to ask questions, and people should not be offended by questions, either! I'm sorry you're going through something so stupid, I've gone through stuff like that (mostly on Instagram, not DA).

Download to see me in game!

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 09:16:27 pm »
*shakes head* Honestly, the only thing I really have to say (Because I don't REALLY know the whole story and I don't want to say anything wrong) I just wish everyone would stop fighting and just get along. I mean come on. There is just no point in it all. In years, we're all just going to look back on it and think "God I was stupid." So what's the point in all of this fighting...

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 09:32:45 pm »
Anyways, onto the topic of rant/discussion:
Can't we just give benefit of the doubt sometimes? Not every inquisition or non-complement comment is an insult or has rude intentions. Please, relax, DA community. This of course, also applies to other communities, as well as the forum. Please keep this in mind, it's not hard to approach things calmly.

I too saw what happened (I don't know everything about it, just the general info, so i'm not here to point fingers) and thought "This all seems like a misunderstanding." I really think that if people took a moment and reevaluated a situation before they responded, it would relieve a lot of tension and prevent arguments like this from happening. I don't like to see people arguing, we should just work together and be a little bit more understanding. c:

And just like you said: The benefit of the doubt. Sure there will be times when people are maliciously attacked, but assuming that you're going to be attacked all the time leads to a misconception, and that misconception leads to the drama we see.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.