Author Topic: RP Samples  (Read 15253 times)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
RP Samples
« on: January 07, 2014, 07:59:58 pm »
And you all know them very well, the famous
RP Samples.

Now, obviously, we group leaders have seen over-the-top ones, the lame ones, and a few perfect ones.
But since many people don't make groups, I want to talk about being ACCEPTED.

You give your best, or maybe you are tired or bored and only gave a bit.
You aren't accepted because you spelled 'spectacular' wrong?
IFJDFHYUGDINVDIBGVDIFHGBDFITBSDHITH

Why?!
WHY!?!?
It's just one word that MANY people get wrong!
The fact that so many people rage at you or decline you because you made a simple typo you didn't notice, fine.

But, if you do the *spectacular thing, they still say no because you missed it in your original post.
Again, suhgdskbvdiygbdkhbhdth

My favorite, though, is when they ask for just a piece.
A sample, a true sample.
So you give them one.
What do you get in return?
"No, it's too short and not detailed enough. Also, you used wolfspeak."
I used 'optics' because I hate repeating words more then twice per post, and eyes sounds too simple to me.
It just hurts.
My.
Head.

Any of you shared this pain?
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
Re: RP Samples
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 08:29:42 pm »
That has never happened to me before but it has happened to my friend. I normally ask for Roleplay samples but not for length or detail but just correct spelling, grammar and punctuation! You could give one sentence with all that in it and I'd be fine. Though I'd never go strict enough to not accept someone for spelling one word wrong. I mean we are all human and humans make mistakes~ That's just. Wow. I can't even begin to understand how people can be like that.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 09:02:08 pm »
I accept anyone that does talk lik deis into my roleplay. I can't stand people who require god awfully long samples that are spelled perfectly.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:31:33 pm »
I get the point about typos, as I have really crappy spelling myself and FH doesn't have spell check. I know someone who is very literate when we roleplay over Deviantart, more so than most "FH literates", yet in Feral Heart she would be labeled as an illt. Simply because she's not the best speller, and Feral Heart has no spell check.

However on the topic of wolfspeak, no I would not accept someone's roleplay sample if they used "Optics", unless they happened to be referring to a branch of physics. Optics used in place of eyes is a wolfspeak word plain and simple.

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 09:58:33 pm »
All my groups require a sample, and we're plenty generous on typos. (Or I am at least, sometimes my co-leaders nitpick and are harsh about punctuation... which, really, as long as you can use a period and quotation marks I'm fine with you.) At the very least we REQUIRE two or three sentences per post and to know the difference between your/you're or there/their/they're, which is NOT unreasonable.

"No, it's too short and not detailed enough. Also, you used wolfspeak."
I used 'optics' because I hate repeating words more then twice per post, and eyes sounds too simple to me.

Wolfspeak is something that I have never allowed in any of my roleplays. A lot of my roleplays aren't for wolves. Wolfspeak does not belong in an RP about cheetahs, or lions, or dragons, or waheela, for pete's sake. (If I'm in someone else's RP and there's wolfspeak, then that's THEIR decision. I personally don't like to see it, but I am tolerant of it.)

If you don't like repeating words then you should read a book or pick up a thesaurus to expand your vocabulary. But all in all, there's nothing wrong with repeating a word twice; though I understand that everyone has their own pet peeves. Can I suggest, for your example, instead of "optics" or repeating "eyes" you could swap out "eyes" for "gaze" or "glance"?
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 11:38:03 pm »
Most of my friends in FH use 'optics', but I do see all yall's points.

Wolfspeak is something that I have never allowed in any of my roleplays. A lot of my roleplays aren't for wolves. Wolfspeak does not belong in an RP about cheetahs, or lions, or dragons, or waheela, for pete's sake.

Now, I must disagree here. e.o
Wolfspeak is not just for wolves, it IS a way of RPing, just not a very correct one. XD
I have a semi-wolfspeaking friend, but only because they use Optics and I think they use Banner when they're leader or of high rank.
And we normally RP mythical beings. XD

Anyways, I must say that most of you bring god points (not regarding above).
People who 'tak liek dis r ok' as long as they can RP well enough and we can understand them. XD
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 12:56:40 am »
Wolfspeak is something that I have never allowed in any of my roleplays. A lot of my roleplays aren't for wolves. Wolfspeak does not belong in an RP about cheetahs, or lions, or dragons, or waheela, for pete's sake.

I apologize, I have to disagree on that. Wolf speak originates from WolfQuest. Users there had to use 'creative' words because the lexicon chat (I think it's called that) only accepts certain words. Around 6,000+ words. However, they don't accept some everyday words like he, she, girl, boy, six, because of mate beggars (not sure why though). Somehow, Wolfspeak migrated over to FeralHeart and is now used for 'extremely literate' role plays.
The point is that Wolfspeak isn't called Wolfspeak because only wolves use it. It's called that because of WolfQuest. It's like 'WolfQuestspeak' but, they call it 'Wolfspeak' for short. Wolfspeak is simply just another word for fancy talk.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 02:25:38 am »
Star, you sir, are mistaken. Wolfspeak was about during the furcadia days before wolf quest came out. I remember it. That was before it became 'Popular'.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 02:28:08 am »
Star, you sir, are mistaken. Wolfspeak was about during the furcadia days before wolf quest came out. I remember it. That was before it became 'Popular'.

Ah, thanks for correcting me there xD But even so, there is defiantly Wolfspeak in WQ as well, even if it didn't originate form there. But the point is that Wolfspeak wasn't made just for wolves, it's made because fancy talk o3o

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 12:20:55 pm »

I've never been rejected because of a misspelled word, and I certainly wouldn't reject someone just because of one simple mistake. Making a mistake is human, no? I don't understand why some people have OCD when it comes to accepting members.

About Wolfspeak, I could care less. I've joined in multiple Wolfspeak roleplays and enjoyed it, it was just their way of roleplaying and it was comfortable for them. I have nothing against it, actually.

? Rukia ?