Author Topic: Patch 1.17: Some things are better kept secret...  (Read 60181 times)

Offline lSquishyBeanl

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • uwu
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.17: Some things are better kept secret...
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2019, 01:40:21 am »
Wooooo :D been waiting for this for soo long ;w;
BeepBeep

Offline TLegendsOZugaito

• Forum Newcomer
  • 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔢𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰 𝔬𝔣 ℨ𝔲𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔱𝔬
    • TheLegendsOfZugaito
    • View Profile
    • TheLegendsOfZugaito
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2019, 03:21:58 am »
If everything is now stable. then our project continues thus!
 ONWARD AND UPWARD!
MAY FERALHEART NEVER DIE!
𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔢𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰 𝔬𝔣 ℨ𝔲𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔱𝔬

Offline 6aphomet

• Forum Newcomer
  • i'm baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2019, 05:35:03 am »
aah! so damn exciting coming back from a hiatus & seeing this :D
how's it looking for mac users? it says that you need to download the patch to play, but.. where?
˙˙ *.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2019, 06:46:31 am »
aah! so damn exciting coming back from a hiatus & seeing this :D
how's it looking for mac users? it says that you need to download the patch to play, but.. where?

So far there isn't an official Mac download yet, but I was able to get Feralheart working with the Windows downloading using PlayonMac. Check out this link: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66593.msg915914#msg915914 If you need help setting it up, feel free to private message me.

Offline WildMakoto

• Forum Newcomer
  • Cursed, but not broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2019, 10:03:38 am »
Thank you very much for such good news! You once again gave us hope for the life and future of the game!
Thanks for the update, it will be very useful.

Once again, many thanks on behalf of the old man who has been playing the game since 2012, I am very grateful!
You picked up my pieces and put me together
My love's a token
Because of you I'm unbroken
I'm unbroken...
I'm unbroken...

Offline Dalek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "you're a JERK" "I know."
    • ryfle
    • doughnutdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2019, 03:53:40 am »
so, like, party pooper here, sorry. is this legal. because it sounds like the source code was stolen and im genuinely curious if this brings up copyright issues.
edit: im as excited as anyone else that the game is going to be seeing these changes as it desperately needs them but maybe it was just poor choices of words on the staffs part? they're being extremely anonymous about how they got the source code especially after how when kovu abandoned the game, he himself said that he wasnt going to give it out to the staff- he gave up on the game, didn't he? i dunno, maybe its the 6 year hiatus i took.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:58:39 am by Dalek »

I'm only mean out of necessity.

Don't be a thief. Respect whats mine!
My characters/designs are MINE and MINE to use alone.
Anyone caught using my characters/designs/art will be thoroughly reported.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2019, 04:56:36 am »
so, like, party pooper here, sorry. is this legal. because it sounds like the source code was stolen and im genuinely curious if this brings up copyright issues.
edit: im as excited as anyone else that the game is going to be seeing these changes as it desperately needs them but maybe it was just poor choices of words on the staffs part? they're being extremely anonymous about how they got the source code especially after how when kovu abandoned the game, he himself said that he wasnt going to give it out to the staff- he gave up on the game, didn't he? i dunno, maybe its the 6 year hiatus i took.

I am sure that this is 100 percent legal, as KovuLKDs had a similar project by the name of Impressive Title
which has its source code altered into new games. FeralHeart has been out for years without any contact, and it has been left abandoned by him. If Kovu were to express any concerns regarding copyright, he would have done it before leaving or any time beforehand. The staff would not
be using the source code if there where legality issues.
 And too clarify, it wasn't the staff who choose to keep the person anon. It was the person them self.

Offline Wolf_changer

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2019, 05:03:19 am »
Sadly I cant even open it. I dont know if its my computer but every single time I opened it it just shut back up, I had to download it 3 times, still isn't working

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2019, 05:31:06 am »
Sadly I cant even open it. I dont know if its my computer but every single time I opened it it just shut back up, I had to download it 3 times, still isn't working

Future reference, I would try posting your issues in the help boards so it'll be easier to see by other helpful floofs!
As for your issue, make sure you started off on a fresh slate. Nothing kept from the old patch.
Another thing you can try, is making an entirely new FH folder and putting everything there instead. ( That includes, making a new fresh shortcut as well if that's also giving you problems ).

If you're still having issues, once again, I recommend posting in the help boards! Best of luck.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2019, 06:57:41 am »

Yeah it's legal, the code has been used for other games as well. One known as Wolf Soul, used the source code. It no longer exists anymore for a separate reason, but the Impressive Title source code has been used by other places and a bunch of servers were created from it. However, I don't know if the source code for Feral Heart specifically has been altered in any way, but considering Raz is in control of this site and game, he pretty much could use the Source Code all he wanted unless he signed some type of contract that said otherwise, or it was specifically trademarked, which it was not. Though, we don't know for how long Raz actually had the source code either, he did admit that he had it for at least a few years and just didn't let anyone know about it.