Author Topic: .:Lock Me:.  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Eldritch

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
.:Lock Me:.
« on: January 05, 2020, 02:25:08 pm »
So, I didn't think I'd start the new year off with me being stupid, but here we are. I'm not sure what exactly I've done here but... Yeah. Basically, I was going through and getting rid of some old assignment files. I went back into FH after and there's an issue with the canine back mane file. On top of that, the body textures off. I've tried reinstalling the game entirely and nothing worked. Everythings fine with the feline textures. I tried putting in the WolfWorm canine overhaul textures which work perfectly fine usually, even after the update, but that hasn't helped at all. Am I missing a file somewhere or is there something else that can fix it? I found a link to all the mane files and tried replacing them but nope. I don't know what's causing the body problem either. It's like that even with the original textures. I don't have any ENB's active and haven't been messing around with presets either. Again, It's only the back mane tuft and body on the canine that's affected. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 05:28:49 pm by Omikami »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: White back mane
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 07:02:17 pm »
Seems like upon making changes to your computer's space, FH tried to adapt to that and caused this glitch?

I'd recommend trying to switch from Direct3D9 to OpenGL (or vice versa if these settings are rotated) within your in-game settings (under Rendering Subsystem). If nothing changes, perhaps uninstall and re-install the game through this method?:

1.  Make a copy of your FH folder and place it somewhere else on your computer, if you don't want to lose any mods you have installed to the game on your desktop or within your documents folder for example).

2.  Delete your FH folder from Local Disk (C:) (or wherever you had the folder located upon installation).

3.  Re-install FH using the torrent version.

4.  Check to see if this has fixed the issue before re-adding the mods bit-by-bit from your previous FH folder.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

BuckCountry

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 07:43:31 pm »
If Bawfle's reset idea doesn't seem to help or you'd rather try something else first before uninstalling/reinstalling everything, you can try replacing the cmain/cmarking materials in the media>materials folder with the originals. After I installed WolfWorms' textures, I ran into the issue of the manes not working - specifically the back mane, as well. I'm also not sure if only replacing cmain can do anything, so I had replaced both instead. So far I've seen replacing these have helped out, some have had to simply reinstall and test out every mod they added in (as it happened to be something else making it white).

Offline Eldritch

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 08:00:02 am »
Thanks, guys! I tried reinstalling the game and that didn't help, but I replaced the cmain and cmarkings files afterwards and that somehow worked? I dunno how that works as reinstalling the game in full should've reverted those files back to the original ones buut ay, it works. Thank you again!!

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 12:11:22 pm »
Sometimes the installation doesn't install everything properly, but good to hear you got the issue sorted.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: .:Lock Me:.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 08:24:12 pm »
Glad you got everything sorted! Thank you everyone for your help =) I'll go ahead and lock this for you~

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort