Author Topic: Cape of Distant Worlds "Cannot find map file." Error Message when touching porta  (Read 1384 times)

Offline iamhiding

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I have a custom map that I exported and when I went to Cape to go in for testing I have a blank portal that says "Cannot find map file." when touched. All the files are in exports and I didnt get an error message when exporting the map. Ive searched and searched existing threads and cant find why this would happen. Ive done a lot of maps and never had this problem before. I even uninstalled and reinstalled FH trying to fix it. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
In order for the portal to find the map file, the map's .fhm file must be in exports. I wonder if that file was missing from the download or possibly didn't make it into the exports folder in general?

If that's not the case then it would really help a lot if you provided a step-by-step of what you did and what files/folders were involved- better yet, screenshots!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline iamhiding

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
For some reason the forum isnt letting me attach the screenshots so I uploaded them into mediafire. Here is the link if you want to see https://www.mediafire.com/file/qg47ao04kidm7xg/MapProblemScreenshots.zip/file. All the files are in their right places and I didnt get an error message when exporting. In eight years this has never happened before =/

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Perhaps move all the Zion map files that are in the terrain folder (including the map folder itself) on your desktop or somewhere safe and relaunch FH to see if it will recognise only the map in exports?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:25:20 pm by Bawfle »

Offline iamhiding

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tried that and unfortunately didn’t work

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Only thing I feel I can suggest now is to re-name the map itself, maybe keeping the display name the same as the map name and re-exporting as a 'different' map.

Offline iamhiding

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Renaming the map actually worked! Thanks!

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Y'welcome! : )