Author Topic: Having some Issues.  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Caraphernelia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "...."
    • View Profile
Having some Issues.
« on: May 30, 2017, 08:06:26 pm »
I downloaded the game, And finally got it to work on the user panel, But now It is saying It can't connect to the server.

Because I have been on hiatus due to being without a computer until now, And I am just now returning today, And I was hoping it to work, But I came across this issue.

I hope someone out there knows what to do.  It would be greatly appreciated.

** I figured out the user panel issue. **
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:13:25 pm by ~WhiteFang~ »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Having some Issues.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:18:06 pm »
Are you logging into the login tab here: https://feral-heart.com/login/index.php

You must be signed into this for the duration of your gameplay. ^^ Make sure you login to that tab before you try to login to the game client.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Caraphernelia

• Curious Wanderer
  • "...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 08:44:06 pm »
I have that up and running, I've even logged out, closed the game, and logged back in to everything. Still hasn't worked. If needed, I can get a joinme on, and show you, so you understand what I'm saying a bit better.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 08:49:59 pm »
Oh, I see. Try changing your username to have no symbols in it. You can change your username within the User Panel. Symbols have always been a culprit of login issues and i'm guessing the ~'s in your name could be causing this.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 08:52:26 pm »
I'd first start off with resetting and sending all your characters home, this would resolve any "Cannot connect to map server" issues you may encounter. There's an easy tutorial here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59360.msg816267#msg816267

If you're still having issues and are receiving a "Cannot connect to front server" error, try taking a look at this post for answers: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59229.msg811874#msg811874

Definitely make sure you have a strong internet connection as well.

Of course, however, I'd try Morgra's suggestion in the previous post regarding a username edit first.

You are amazing <3

Offline Caraphernelia

• Curious Wanderer
  • "...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 09:08:02 pm »
Oh, I see. Try changing your username to have no symbols in it. You can change your username within the User Panel. Symbols have always been a culprit of login issues and i'm guessing the ~'s in your name could be causing this.
I'd first start off with resetting and sending all your characters home, this would resolve any "Cannot connect to map server" issues you may encounter. There's an easy tutorial here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59360.msg816267#msg816267

If you're still having issues and are receiving a "Cannot connect to front server" error, try taking a look at this post for answers: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59229.msg811874#msg811874

Definitely make sure you have a strong internet connection as well.

Of course, however, I'd try Morgra's suggestion in the previous post regarding a username edit first.
I have strong internet, And I reset the home and I'm about to send them all home just incase I missed a few.

Could I Change the name, White Fang is taken?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:11:13 pm by ~WhiteFang~ »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 09:12:02 pm »
Could I add numbers to it instead of symbols? I'm willing to tell you what numbers I add to it just incase the staff needs to know.

That you could! Numbers work just fine. And no, staff won't need to know. Your username will change for everyone to see right away and so we'll be able to know your new username immediately.

Offline Caraphernelia

• Curious Wanderer
  • "...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 09:30:14 pm »
Could I add numbers to it instead of symbols? I'm willing to tell you what numbers I add to it just incase the staff needs to know.

That you could! Numbers work just fine. And no, staff won't need to know. Your username will change for everyone to see right away and so we'll be able to know your new username immediately.

I couldn't add numbers, But I got the login page to work, Right now it shows "YOU musT kEEP THIS pAge OpeN WHILE yOu pLAy Logout

Please note if your using a page refreshing addon this page now only needs to be reloaded once an hour"

Yet it still won't let me connect.
I've done everything you both have said, And My internet lets me connect to dragons den with no problems, Yet it won't let me connect to This server.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 10:08:31 pm »
Do you by chance know if you have any proxies within your browser?
A proxy or proxy server is basically another computer which serves as a hub through which internet requests are processed. By connecting through one of these servers, your computer sends your requests to the proxy server which then processes your request and returns what you were wanting. In this way it serves as an intermediary between your home machine and the rest of the computers on the internet. Proxies are used for a number of reasons such as to filter web content, to go around restrictions such as parental blocks, to screen downloads and uploads and to provide anonymity when surfing the internet. - WhatIsMyIP.com

Proxies will make it so the IP address of your browser (where you're connecting to the login tab page from) and the IP address that you're connecting to the game client with are different from one another, thus, causing connectivity issues. If you are unsure if you are running a proxy, try this:

- Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/ and make note of what IP address is listed there in the upper left corner. Do not post that IP address here as that is for your eyes only.
- Then, download this http://www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip, run it, and see what IP address it gives you when it is complete.

If these two do not match then you are likely running a proxy in your browser.

Information courtesy of Raz here