Author Topic: My intro  (Read 2145 times)

Offline -Pain-

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "Remember, No Russian"
    • View Profile
My intro
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:10:02 pm »
Hello, my name is -Pain- I'm a wolf lover. I'm a experience role player. I stood all night trying to join, I have some questions how do you make your avatar. I went through the user details but I never found it.

My Wolf is name after(or my username) is named pain for a reason, my life is a sad story of my life. I do not wish to tell you the story. And I been staying all night to 2:01 pm, I'm tired so I'm going to fall asleep but I shall an I will answer any questions

I'm a male
I role play as a wolf
I'm like a bystander wolf like
I like hunting
I hate little kids sometimes
I'm Russian for the motha lands!
Well that's it any questions you want to ask go right ahead
I am a Russian wolf
Trying to survive, A winter wasteland

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: My intro
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 10:20:00 pm »
Welcome to the Feral Heart forums, and the community! ;v; Glad to see you joining us, and good job catching the registration!

Quote from: Knife
I hate little kids sometimes

ehehe I'm with you on that.

As for your question look at this:

Click to show

Ever had a icon that was about 200x200 and it looks crisp clear when viewed on Window photo preview, then when you upload it on here it looks blurred or pixelated? Well I have the solution for you. First, Do you know the difference in computer resolution?

The right and left pictures were preformed in different ways when uploading in on here. One from a Direct upload from my computer and the other a Directlink from Photobucket. Which one do you like best? Lets move on...
First you would make your picture in photoshop and or find a good resolution picture on the internet. Once you have that try to crop it to at least 200x200(sometimes 150x150 is a better option). When you do that a good place to upload your picture would be on photobucket or any related site such as it

Since I like to use Photobucket a lot this tutorial will be based on it. If you so happen to know of another file sharing  @#!*%  such as this please use it
First off upload your picture

Next when you are finishing uploading your picture then click it and there is displayed options on the right hand side. Since we are doing just Avatars you will be needing this link or similar Direct coding with a website link in it.

From there go into your profile page and on the left hand side there should be account tabs just for you..click on the one that says Forum Profile Information.
From there, you should see options for your avatar as well as some for your signature. The one you will be using will be the link where it requires a direct link. Get your coding from the website and place it here. After that you have uploaded a successful avatar.
Now using the "Upload from my computer" function works just as fine too, but why do you want to use a direct link coding instead of this.
Reason to use Direct instead of a Computer download
1) The resolution on the image is 2x more better and more crisp
2) Using the Direct link method allows you not only upload jpgs, but also gifs as well. So you cant upload a gif onto the other setting cause it will not work.
With that saying, this ends the tutorial on Avatars

Good luck! ;v;

EDIT: I notice right after I had posted you managed to change your avatar.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:22:39 pm by OreoHeroz »

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 10:21:49 pm »
Welcome to Feral Heart, floof. ^^ I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay & make lots of friends along the way.

Offline -Pain-

• Curious Wanderer
  • "Remember, No Russian"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:23:59 pm »
Another question. My sig, I'm trying to upload a picture but I have no idea how to
Help :c
I am a Russian wolf

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 10:28:24 pm »
Another question. My sig, I'm trying to upload a picture but I have no idea how to
Help :c

Try looking at <this>

Also I'd suggest to look at the <Help Boards> to see if there is a solution to your problem. If not, try making a new thread in the proper area.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 10:29:17 pm »
This should answer your question, floof.

Feareh's Tutorial

Hello guys, and welcome to this small tutorial on how to properly put up a icon and or signature here on Feral Heart.
Now please fallow these step by step if you have no idea how to put a icon/signature and well get you set up.
NOTE: This tutorial was specially made just for Feral Heart. You can try this same result as well for other forums if you want

Ever had a icon that was about 200x200 and it looks crisp clear when viewed on Window photo preview, then when you upload it on here it looks blurred or pixelated? Well I have the solution for you. First, Do you know the difference in computer resolution?

The right and left pictures were preformed in different ways when uploading in on here. One from a Direct upload from my computer and the other a Directlink from Photobucket. Which one do you like best? Lets move on...
First you would make your picture in photoshop and or find a good resolution picture on the internet. Once you have that try to crop it to at least 200x200(sometimes 150x150 is a better option). When you do that a good place to upload your picture would be on photobucket or any related site such as it

Since I like to use Photobucket a lot this tutorial will be based on it. If you so happen to know of another file sharing shite such as this please use it
First off upload your picture

Next when you are finishing uploading your picture then click it and there is displayed options on the right hand side. Since we are doing just Avatars you will be needing this link or similar Direct coding with a website link in it.

From there go into your profile page and on the left hand side there should be account tabs just for you..click on the one that says Forum Profile Information.
From there, you should see options for your avatar as well as some for your signature. The one you will be using will be the link where it requires a direct link. Get your coding from the website and place it here. After that you have uploaded a successful avatar.
Now using the "Upload from my computer" function works just as fine too, but why do you want to use a direct link coding instead of this.
Reason to use Direct instead of a Computer download
1) The resolution on the image is 2x more better and more crisp
2) Using the Direct link method allows you not only upload jpgs, but also gifs as well. So you cant upload a gif onto the other setting cause it will not work.
With that saying, this ends the tutorial on Avatars

Signature

For signatures we will be doing almost the same steps but will be using a different link this time. We will be using the IMG coding this time.

Go back to your file sharing site and find this link. It should be a IMG link if not then chances are it wont work to well. After that fallow the same steps as the Avatar by going into the Forum Profile Information and this time, go in your signature box.

After you click that then it will give you options such as "Signature" which is what you want. From there you just input the IMG coding you have gotten and then save it. In a few minutes or so you will have a signature.

And If you've done all the steps correctly then you have successfully uploaded a prefect signature. Now just a note that0 there is a size limit to this as well, you are able to see how much space you have left when you look at the number grid underneath the signature box. You can upload jpg, and gifs in the signature box as far as I know of.
With all this said, this ends the tutorial on Adding a signature to your profile.

For more further questions fell free to shot me a PM and I will try my best to help out. I do hope you find this small tutorial helpful for some of you younger members out there getting used to the forum setting.

Offline -Pain-

• Curious Wanderer
  • "Remember, No Russian"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 10:40:28 pm »
Thanks guys!
I am a Russian wolf

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 07:09:09 pm »
hey there floof. I see you are a wolf lover just like I am. I hope to see you in the role-play section from time to time then xD

I hope you settle down and make new friends xD If you ever need help or just want to chat then feel free to send me a Pm xD
(I hate kids at times too xD)
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 08:35:59 pm »
Welcome to the forums Floof. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 01:38:31 am »
Hello and welcome to Feral Heart. I hope you enjoy your time here with us and have a fun experience out in the game.
Inactive