Author Topic: Anything you'd like to ask me?  (Read 6970 times)

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
Anything you'd like to ask me?
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:19:01 pm »
Well, well, well, you have a query?

Curious to know something about me? Well, then ask away.

What's already been asked?

Why do you dislike the lion king. -trollface-.

I dislike TLK not only because it is overrated and 'mainstream', but the plot is dull, I dislike all the ridiculous singing, the childish atmosphere (as you get with virtually all animated Disney films), the 'we fell in love and had a child and therefore it's a happy ending' crud, and the African theme (why always Africa?). It is just a film that irks me. In the plot and such yes, but also in how many people like it. Why? I have not the faintest. There are far better films out there.

Zarago, If you could visit any planet what would it be? and why? -derp face-

Hm, I'd probably visit Saturn, because I'd love to see those rings.

How did chu come up with your username?

I was playing outside with my sister, Zaroque, several years ago (I was around nine or ten at the time, if I remember correctly). We were brainstorming and thinking of concepts for a species that we could then role-play as (we both hadn't discovered the Internet at this time). However, we decided that it'd be an idea to think of names for the creatures instead of thinking of the creatures before the names. After a while, she came up with Lyenza (became her old username for a variety of accounts) which was lion-like, and I came up with Zarago, a raptor/dragon-like animal. We also decided that we wouldn't name our creatures as that, but instead, that'd be our names for those creatures.

As you could imagine, the animals themselves didn't last, but the names did, and never left our memories. When we came to the Internet those were what we used. Our characters evolved over time and are still doing so to this day - however, Zaroque become discontent with the name 'Lyenza', so I spent a couple of minutes thinking about something else and, well, Zaroque is what I came up with.

I was irritated when I discovered the place 'Zaragoza'.

How do you get your mane so lush and shiny?

Because I'm worth it.

Why is your name Zarago?

It is the name of my fursona (or character, whatever you want to call it). However, I did come up with it before I had a character.

Y U NO LIEK MAH LIL PONEH???
>:UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Fluttershy said:

I'll make it breif.

The animation is pathetic (people say it's one of the factors that make it good, but it's poor); the characters aren't likeable and are all soft-headed and high-pitched (apart from possibly Rainbow Dash, who is bearable); the plots are sappy and sickly sweet (I suppose this is expected considering the 'Friendship is Magic'); ponies are all over the Internet and I can't turn one page without seeing one, which urks me.

I mean, just look at the animation of this compared to MLP.

I have watched it, and I want to like it to stop the irritation, but I can't stand it all, and so...

You can also visit my autobiography thread and my gallery one too.

Zarago
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:37:48 pm by Zarago »

CloudFish

Re: *~*~ Want to ask Zarago? ~*~*
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:56:22 pm »
Why do you dislike the lion king. -trollface-.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:06:53 pm »
Ah, I saw this one coming.

I dislike TLK not only because it is overrated and 'mainstream', but the plot is dull, I dislike all the ridiculous singing, the childish atmosphere (as you get with virtually all animated Disney films), the 'we fell in love and had a child and therefore it's a happy ending' crud, and the African theme (why always Africa?). It is just a film that irks me. In the plot and such yes, but also in how many people like it. Why? I have not the faintest. There are far better films out there.

So now you know. :3
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:12:39 pm by Zarago »

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:32:34 pm »
More questions from Cloudly in response to your previous answer, because I'm both curious and I like being obnoxious.

Why would you hate things that are mainstream? I never understood that, if it's something you like, you shouldn't dislike it because everyone else likes it just to be different. That's what I think anyway, do you in general hate mainstream things? Or just specifics?

Oh but then you countered the plot was dull. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Lion King based on Shakespeare's Hamlet? Did you also dislike Hamlet? I kind of did when I read it in high school, but then I read a book (Tale of Edgar Sawtelle) based on it and found the plot more fufilling.

As an older veiwer, I can see why you would dislike an movie aimed towards kids. Did you also dislike it as a child?

African theme.. for a movie about lions, kind of makes sense setting-wise, don't you think? I think that's like saying Bambi shouldn't have taken place in a forest. But maybe you meant overall? Like the lion idea was dumb, but the only other animated movie before then that I could think of that revolved around lions was Kimba, (which, again, correct me if I'm wrong, Disney probably based the movie around, also).

I'm done. Thanks for answering, Zarago.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 08:13:30 pm »
Why would you hate things that are mainstream? I never understood that, if it's something you like, you shouldn't dislike it because everyone else likes it just to be different. That's what I think anyway, do you in general hate mainstream things? Or just specifics?

I don't dislike things that are mainstream simply because they are, no. I think it's ridiculous to do so, and a pathetic way to 'prove' that you're 'unique'. But, saying that, the majority of mainstream things (such as the Hunger Games, Harry Potter...) I dislike, but not because of their popularity.

Oh but then you countered the plot was dull. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Lion King based on Shakespeare's Hamlet? Did you also dislike Hamlet? I kind of did when I read it in high school, but then I read a book (Tale of Edgar Sawtelle) based on it and found the plot more fufilling.

I've never liked Shakespeare in the slightest, but I never knew that the Lion King was based on Hamlet. So, thank you for that piece of information.

As an older veiwer, I can see why you would dislike an movie aimed towards kids. Did you also dislike it as a child?

I wasn't bothered with the film as a child, but I don't ever recall disliking it. I do remember prodding and poking the parts that won't supposed to be funny and laughing at them, but I also recall acting out some of the scenes with my sister for fun, so I suppose that I enjoyed it. But now I can delve deeper into the plot, and have far stronger opinions, and now I dislike it. As does my sister. It's no longer just a load of pretty pictures.

African theme.. for a movie about lions, kind of makes sense setting-wise, don't you think? I think that's like saying Bambi shouldn't have taken place in a forest. But maybe you meant overall? Like the lion idea was dumb, but the only other animated movie before then that I could think of that revolved around lions was Kimba, (which, again, correct me if I'm wrong, Disney probably based the movie around, also).

No, I didn't mean the setting, I meant the whole concept of Africa. When children are first taught about animals (even as babies), it is virtually always African animals, and then in later life, people can't be bothered to learn more about animals, and hardly even know the difference from a hippopotamus and a rhinoceros (referring to the time where I was at a zoo, and this person pointed to a rhinoceros and said to their child, "Oh look at the hippo!". What the hell is that teaching their spawn?) Anyway, what annoys me is that if there is ever a show about animals for children, it is likely that it'll be based around African animals, especially if it's a film for children. Yes, they are familiar to the children because of what they're taught, but what does showing them again to the children teach them?

Offline Necromancy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • How about a necromancy trick?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 04:57:48 pm »
I have to say that I totally agree with the unvaried knowledge of animals nowadays. I was at a zoo to take pictures a few weeks ago, and a family happened to be going around the zoo the same way as me and my friend. Well, the father pointed to some cheetahs and said to his children: "Look at the lions!"
Could it get any worse? Well, yes, because after a few more pens, he pointed at flamingos, turned to his kids and said: "Look at the turkeys!"

I also agree with the whole "disliking mainstream" things. I've disliked Twilight, Harry Potter, Justin Beiber, the Wanted, all the boybands, books and films like that too. Not even bothered to read Hunger Games simply because so many people like it that I'm pretty sure I'd dislike it.

For me, though, The Lion King was alright, other than the ending. I disliked the way it was so /obvious/ what the ending would be like. The animation, I think, was pretty good, but I agree that the plot was a little dull.

Just my random opinion. I should probably ask you a question now, too.

Hurr. Can't think of one. I'll edit this when I have time. xD

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 01:31:16 pm »
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 08:22:31 pm »
I have to say that I totally agree with the unvaried knowledge of animals nowadays. I was at a zoo to take pictures a few weeks ago, and a family happened to be going around the zoo the same way as me and my friend. Well, the father pointed to some cheetahs and said to his children: "Look at the lions!"
Could it get any worse? Well, yes, because after a few more pens, he pointed at flamingos, turned to his kids and said: "Look at the turkeys!"

I also agree with the whole "disliking mainstream" things. I've disliked Twilight, Harry Potter, Justin Beiber, the Wanted, all the boybands, books and films like that too. Not even bothered to read Hunger Games simply because so many people like it that I'm pretty sure I'd dislike it.

For me, though, The Lion King was alright, other than the ending. I disliked the way it was so /obvious/ what the ending would be like. The animation, I think, was pretty good, but I agree that the plot was a little dull.

Just my random opinion. I should probably ask you a question now, too.

Hurr. Can't think of one. I'll edit this when I have time. xD

I concur. One of the reasons I automatically dislike mainstream things is because I know the sort of people who like them, and they're generally the opposite of me. With so much publicity you get to learn what the things are about too.

Disney's endings are always predictable, and a rarely satisfying. Not for me, anyway.

That's an odd question. Hm, I'd probably visit Saturn, because I'd love to see those rings.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
Re: Anything you'd like to ask me?
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 12:02:35 pm »
Edited a little.

Offline yindieheart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Anything you'd like to ask me?
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 02:31:54 am »
yea...I have a question :l I let my friend use my account for not even an hour and she was saying I guess bad stuff...and well my account got kicked -_- now I cant get on for a month and a whole day cuz of her...and I dont know who to go to ...to get this mess fixed...like I wont be able to survive a month without seeing my friends knowing it wasnt even ME that did anything bad...Im willing to change my pass etc anything so that I can get back to playing fh Dx and my friend even stated she wasnt even given a warning she was just kicked while I was out of the room. aka she was spending the night and was using my computer)) she was telling a funny story I guess and the mod didnt warn her or anything just kicked her out.....arnt mods supose to warn the ppl before they kick them out?... cuz she didnt get that .-. and now I cant even let my friends know that I wont be on for a MONTH  because she got me in trouble Dx