Author Topic: Hamilton's Massive Marking Package[1.08]  (Read 46776 times)

Please

Re: Hamilton's Massive Marking Package
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 04:10:10 pm »
I in stalled them and everything they just won't show up in game like in create a char >.<

Offline crisisastar15

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 03:59:26 am »
OMG O.O these are really good markings.i love the orb one very much ^^

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 09:21:47 pm »
@Saon : How exactly do they not show up? What I mean is are the 1) not listed at all in the character creation screen? or are the 2)listed but don't make a visible change on the character?

Issue 1 means the .cfg file was installed improperly. Remember, it /must/ be placed in the folder titled "FeralHeart" and be allowed to replace the existing file.

Issue 2 means the game is either in preset mode (last page in creation screen) and needs to be switched to custom mode. Or the images for the markings are unable to be located by the game. Remember, the markings /must/ be placed in the folder "textures" which is inside the folder "media" which is inside "feralheart". They must also not be contained in a secondary folder. If you unzipped the package directly into the "texture" folder, you will have to drag every file out of the folder and back to where it belongs.

Also, hand in hand with issue 1, if you manually added the markings in, you may have copied the data wrong. Double check your ingame .cfg file that all the markings are there, have .png at the end of each, and that each list is separated by a blank line.

@iElectricfish :I'm inclined to one of two things here as well. 1) you have other markings installed that are listed before my set, making markings you chose from my set be lower on the list and more likely to not appear for other players. or 2) they did not install the package and are either lazy or pulling your tail. I hope it's neither :'\  Any issue where other players cannot see markings you have installed, is a fault of their doing and nothing you alter will fix it.

I'm sorry this was delayed so much. Random gramma sleep-over fun-time lolol

Oh, for everyone else that's interested. It has dawned on me that freckles2 would look nicer if the tongue was an actual marking and not just a colored tongue. I'd like opinions on this first. Leave it as is? Or change it to match the rest of the marking?

No input will mean that I won't change it and it will remain this way unless otherwise provoked by a higher power.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:25:43 pm by The Original Hammy »

Please

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:57:52 pm »
lol it didn't show up in the list but i fixed it ^-^

ponyparty

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 07:17:00 pm »
Just letting you know that your marking package does not seem to work with the new patch.  It just shows up as white areas in the places the markings were.  Would this be solved by you redoing the marking pack, or by me re-downloading it?  How will this be solved?

Offline Electricfish

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • If I get sick, take me to Dr. House. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 07:25:56 pm »
Just letting you know that your marking package does not seem to work with the new patch.  It just shows up as white areas in the places the markings were.  Would this be solved by you redoing the marking pack, or by me re-downloading it?  How will this be solved?

This can be fixed by reinstalling the patch (because of the new markings) and doing the manual install. xP I just did it, and I know it works.

ponyparty

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 07:47:54 pm »
Just letting you know that your marking package does not seem to work with the new patch.  It just shows up as white areas in the places the markings were.  Would this be solved by you redoing the marking pack, or by me re-downloading it?  How will this be solved?

This can be fixed by reinstalling the patch (because of the new markings) and doing the manual install. xP I just did it, and I know it works.

And how do you do that?

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »
The manual install is in 'folder2' in the package. It has directions though if they are not as thorough as you need :

Highlight the first list of markings. these are between [fbody and [fhead].
Copy.
In the games file, at the bottom of the first list, hit enter so there is now 2 blank lines.
In the new line you created, paste the data you saved before.
There should be no blank line between the old and new markings and a blank line between the new markings and [fhead].
Repeat as needed for each list.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:06:05 pm by The Original Hammy »

Thunderlion123

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 05:21:17 pm »
Hmm.... For me, this seems to happen with every marking pack I download. Everything just stays the same, with no changes. I follow the exact directions of the README!

Thierry

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 09:37:52 pm »
meowwww... is a lot!.
i will test it. looks wonderful!