Author Topic: Getting Maps and objects in-game  (Read 1322 times)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Getting Maps and objects in-game
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:10:16 am »
Okay, so I found this cool map I wanna play and I tried getting it into the game. Apparently I was doing it wrong, and I looked everywhere to find out how to get the map in-game and to appear in Cape of Distant Worlds as a portal.
Another thing is objects and meshes Ive found, which one is a cool house that I found that was perfect for a map I made. I couldnt figure out how to get it in-game, so that I might need help with too.
Though all help is great, Id like a professional to answer, knowing Ill most likely get a better answer. Especially with this computer I have that seems to do the exact opposite of what I want. But, if you know exactly what to do, go ahead and help!

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Maps and objects in-game
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 01:16:42 am »
For the maps; all files for custom maps must go into your exports folder in order for you to access them.

For the objects 'n stuff, I'm not so experienced with that area. But check this tutorial out: Intro to Object Maker

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 01:20:10 am »
I have the map in my Exports folder, I just dont know what to do after that. Do I like, do something else?

Offline wolves01

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • HAHA... no
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 01:24:11 am »
For the map after you are done downloading it place it in exports and extract it if there is a folder open it and copy what is in there and place it in exports. For the objects place it in media-objects-my_objects and extract it and if there is a folder open it and copy and place it in my_objects and when you are done go on the game and go to Object maker and go to Mesh and type the name of it and it will show up.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:28:29 am by ?FearlessTEC? »

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 01:26:42 am »
Merr... After placing the files into Exports, restart your game and the portal for the map should be in Cape as long as the person who made it did so correctly.
Also some people slip up on this; if the map was in a zip or rar file, it needs to be extracted before you put the files into Exports.