Author Topic: Oculus Rift: Feral Heart  (Read 6701 times)

Offline FrostNight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Elon Musk pls return my calls uwu
    • iFrostNight
    • Frost Night
    • View Profile
Oculus Rift: Feral Heart
« on: March 07, 2014, 12:10:40 am »
Guys, come on. How awesome would it be if one day this game was available for use with the Oculus Rift? If you don't know what it is, it's that thing PewDiePie uses that fits on his head.  This would be so cool, even though it would probably never happen. Still. What do you guys think? If for some crazy reason this game was able to be used by this, would you do it? Would you not?

Offline _nightingale_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • I'm back?
    • View Profile
Re: Oculus Rift: Feral Heart
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 01:55:18 am »
I feel like I would do it but it might make me dizzy lol

My art page : gerce.deviantart.com

lindaminda

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:05:03 am »
OH yess, It would be awesomee *-*

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 07:11:57 pm »
I'm strongly thinking of getting the consumer version once it gets released, though the intentions would be to play racing sims and possibly some first person action on it.

As much as Oculus Rift would be truly amazing to have in a game like FeralHeart, I don't think I'd be impressed even if it would work with the game itself. Third person view wouldn't necessarily give more engagement to the game itself or make it more alive, while the first person in the game right now lacks a few things to really make a thing like oculus work well. Since we cannot really see the character you are(such as legs and paws) when looking down, and the camera perspective and FOV is slightly off, among with the cam not reacting to whether your character is laying, sitting, crouching or standing, there would just not be much sense of involvement with the character you are.

Though it would probably be very sweet to have the screen of the Oculus covering everything up, I don't think it would feel much like you are the character, or being directly a part of the action, something I personally look for. Though let's say play with the thought of FeralHeart having a more extensive and polished First person mode and the Oculus rift working for it, FH would be a great reason of getting an Oculus Rift to begin with. Nothing less of amazing.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:15:07 am »
That would be awesome .W.

Offline DeadlyWolfQueen

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I am but a piece of a much larger puzzle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 01:19:58 am »
That would definitely inflict the attention of a lot. And held with immersing one's self in the game.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 02:41:48 pm »
My head would start spinning. I CANNOT COMPREHEND THAT EASILY!

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 12:12:00 am »
That is a good idea c:
I'm just thinking about it right now.. so exciting

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline exodus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 04:43:35 am »
I've tried the Rift and I'd have to say it just wouldn't work for a game like FH, which depends on typing. We wouldn't be able to see the keyboard unless we were in third person and had the text screen up but that would be very cluttered and still difficult for people who haven't mastered the keyboard just yet, which probably goes for a lot of users. Red also made some pretty good points and until the Rift is updated and perfected I think it could only work for games that are made /for/ the Rift. Of course it's always cool to think what it would be like inside the game, but the Rift is akward and heavy and generally uncomfortable, so you couldn't use it for very long and for something like FH which requires long periods of time sitting around and doing nothing (whilst waiting for people to post and looking for groups) I can only imagine it would be pretty boring, because you couldn't tab out to the internet or do other stuff because the Rift would be weighing you down and it'd be a hassle to take on and off again and again.
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but that's my take on it anyways. I hope one day they make some sort of technology that actually lets us inside virtual worlds, but for now, the Rift is only a small step in that direction.

What we do in life...echoes in eternity.

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 10:54:59 am »
There's the small problem of needing to own/buy the device thingamabob itself. FeralHeart is free, and most people probably wouldn't have the Rift anyway. There would be a lot of effort put in to make the game compatible, when only a very small minority would actually use that feature.

Much as I love FH, I don't think the Occulus targets smaller games such as this one. :c

It's more for the purchase games, such as on Steam. c: