Author Topic: Getting teeth removed... ;_;  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Getting teeth removed... ;_;
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:50:01 am »
I went to the dentist today about getting braces, I have crowded teeth top and bottom as well as a deep bite (when your top teeth completely cover your bottom teeth). He said I need to remove 4 teeth in order to fit the braces -unless I want buck teeth- and I'm freaking out. I've never had my teeth removed before and I'm scared up to the point where I want to cry. (Laugh if you want, I don't care! :P)

My friend says it doesn't hurt at all but my mum says it does feel a little painful, I'm not sure who to believe lol. I need braces as soon as possible considering I'm 17 next year and I should've had something done with my teeth a long time ago because I'm not growing anymore. So how painful will it be getting teeth extracted?

With all that to think about mum will be paying everything left in her bank account for me, we're struggling with money as it is and there aren't any jobs available in our area. I feel like a bit of a burden now -.-

Would anyone have any advice with maybe working online? I would like to be able to find some source of income for my family since there are very limited work choices here.

Thanks everyone!
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Corrosivee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Getting teeth removed... ;_;
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:19:48 am »
I've had two teeth removed! :D Don't worry, seriously! They will numb your whole mouth (feels so weird, my nose went numb too) so you don't feel a thing. It is rather uncomfortable because the dentist will be pushing and pulling in your mouth LOL but it doesn't hurt at all. It's also pretty quick, or it was for me. You'll  probably feel a bit dopey and tired after cause of the painkillers.

For working online, just be careful that the website is not a scam. If you speak another language you could be a document translator, which apparantly pays pretty well or you can get paid for data entry or even liking things on facebook. Good luck c:

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 04:16:26 pm »
I haven't gotten my teeth removed since I was like about 8 years old? And it was only one. I barely remember a thing. I haven't even visited the dentist for years. Insurance and visits are expensive, and my mother avoids anything expensive even if she had enough money. Money making is hard in my area, especially at this time.

All I remember is panicking over the numbing liquid, panicking over how there is a man pulling my own teeth out, and more panicking. I was young and it was my first time, so of course I would panic.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 05:03:33 pm »
I remember havin' to get three teeth removed back when I had to get braces. Like Raine has stated:

It is rather uncomfortable because the dentist will be pushing and pulling in your mouth
It doesn't hurt at all. Once they numb yer mouth, the only thing ye'll be able to feel is a bit of pressure from the dentist messin' around with yer teeth. To be honest with ye', the only bit of pain I actually felt would be when they had to give me a shot or two in order to further numb my mouth. All in all, ye' don't have much to worry about Ms.

When it comes to findin' a job online, I'm afraid there's not much I can assist ye' with there as I'm not familiarized with many online jobs myself. Regardless, I wish ye' luck and may fortune bless ye' and yer mother.
gone

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 09:36:54 pm »
That's strange - I have to get four teeth removed for the same reason as you do. I don't want to do it, but my parents are a little worried about what would happen in the future. However, instead of numbing my mouth, I have to take sleeping pills to make me unconscious. I don't see the reason, really. (Maybe it's because I'm younger?) But besides that, they should numb your mouth, as the others have stated.

Otherwise, you and your family will be in my prayers, as to find the right place and for the procedure to go smoothly.

c:

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 02:00:28 am »
Oh man, I've had so much dental work done (faceplanted on concrete on my 11th birthday, a while back).

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Getting teeth pulled is nothin'! All that happens is they usually give you a couple shots in your gum around the tooth/teeth. The shots are the worst part, really, and it doesn't even hurt- just a little pinch and a light sting, then you go numb and it's magical.

Ask for laughing gas. Just 'cause. Y'know. It's fun. And it'll make you all loopy so you don't even care about what their doin' in your mouth.

The extraction process itself is nothin' at all. You literally do not feel a thing other than pressure, and it usually only takes a couple minutes to remove one tooth. Honestly it doesn't even hurt too bad once the drugs wear off.

So no sweat. Getting teeth pulled isn't a big deal at all!
I'll keep 'ya in my prayers as you continue to go in for the braces and stuff!
Hope all goes well! <3
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »
Thanks guys for replying ^^

The dentist comes every fortnight so I will have to have my teeth removed during the school holidays coming up next week, fun. Unfortunately for me though I will have to go with getting needle injections, no gel or happy gas -.-" I do feel a lot less worried now than what I did so thank you so much everyone <3

I'm actually rather excited now about getting braces now, despite the teeth extractions. The holidays only last two weeks. How fast do you notice a change with your teeth after getting braces? I know you can't expect results right away but it would be nice if the gaps where I'm missing teeth could close up during the holidays or become less noticeable when I go back to school.

As for the funds problem  I'm going to try one of those survey sites when I get my bank account sorted out. I looked online and I found a site that I'm going to go with, this one apparently isn't a scam and I've also seen it advertised on tv. I'm going to try that out and see how I go, lol. Otherwise I will see if anyone would be willing to buy some artwork of mine cheaply and hope that goes somewhere.

Again, thanks everyone <3

Offline Corrosivee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 11:33:27 am »
I had two teeth removed and braces to move in the gaps. It took mine two years to completely disappear and the progress was pretty slow - didn't move noticeably for at least every two-three months. Lots of people had braces so they were all very sympathetic, aha. However, at the beginning I think I remember that your teeth move pretty quickly at the start, but then they start getting used to the braces so it slows down(?). I was told how long it takes changes from person to person, so there is a chance you'll get lucky. c:

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 09:56:38 pm »
I had two teeth removed and braces to move in the gaps. It took mine two years to completely disappear and the progress was pretty slow - didn't move noticeably for at least every two-three months. Lots of people had braces so they were all very sympathetic, aha. However, at the beginning I think I remember that your teeth move pretty quickly at the start, but then they start getting used to the braces so it slows down(?). I was told how long it takes changes from person to person, so there is a chance you'll get lucky. c:

I only know one or two other people in the school with braces xD I smiled in the mirror and you can't really see the teeth that need to be removed so I don't think the gaps will be much of a bother now. Thank you for the information Raine ^^

Im having to get two teeth removed on the 15th I believs; geting a shot in the arm QwQ
Then two weeks after, braces .-.
I support you and hope your teeth removal goes well ;w;

I wish you luck with your teeth removal also, Faolan :3

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 12:11:41 am »
The dentist comes every fortnight so I will have to have my teeth removed during the school holidays coming up next week, ...The holidays only last two weeks.
You're lucky. My Spring break already started this week and it lasts only a week. This is my last day. ;n; i have so much work to do before tomorrow

Glad you aren't feeling that worried now. <3 Hope your dentist appointment runs well!