Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Work
« on: September 20, 2014, 05:35:17 am »
Well after looking for a job for a while I think I might be getting a job at a restaurant, but now I'm not so sure I want to work xD

I did my first trial yesterday which went from 4pm - 10:30pm. It's open from 8am to 10pm on fridays and saturdays! D': I've been washing dishes and making pizza bases as well as a whole lot of cleaning. There's no uniform so I have to wear my own clothes which end up stinky by the end of the day. I haven't had the chance to work at the counter or make any coffees yet but it's gotta be better than working in the kitchen. When I got home my ankles were hurting heaps from standing the whole time and my clothes stunk of dish water. So far it hasn't been very pleasant.

I'm really having second thoughts about working but I need a job. Would it be any easier if I worked in a supermarket? I know a job is not supposed to be easy but I don't want to feel miserable and sore though.

Anyway, how many floofs here have jobs and what do you guise have to do? :3
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:59:07 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Work
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 10:11:37 am »
You'll always find the first few days/weeks rather difficult.
You'll get sore etc. - I still do, after nearly a year of working at the same place. ^^

Kinda sounds like a fun job, to be honest. At least to me. xD

I guess a supermarket could be 'easier'. However, there, you probably need to count on heavy work.
Such as lifting, pulling, pushing.
Perhaps not too much, but it still happens.
A lot of walking and stress.
'Course, I've only worked in a smaller shop but eh.

I do stock work at the hospital in my city.
Requires a lot of heavy lifting, and math.. I hate math.
Basically, we make sure the wards at the hospital have towels, pillows, blankets, underwear etc.
As well as the people who work there and students.
Answering phones/mail, helping the customers.. (Not always fun at all.)
Making sure the robot has enough clothes, that it works etc.
(A system we have for the people who work at the hospital.)
Cleaning. T_T
RETIRED.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 03:18:19 am »
Yeah, I personally think I need to give it a bit more time before deciding whether or not I want the job. I find helping with food is fun, it's just washing dishes that sucks -oily containers and baking trays mainly. 

A lot of the kids from my school work in the supermarket here, it's like the first place to go to if you're looking for a job but the boss isn't so nice there. Working at the cash register and stacking foods just seems fun, but then I remembered there's probably a lot of cleaning and lifting involved as well xD

So you work at a hospital? Sounds interesting yet difficult. I'm kinda intrigued about this robot. What does it do? o:
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 11:35:32 am »
Yeah, I personally think I need to give it a bit more time before deciding whether or not I want the job. I find helping with food is fun, it's just washing dishes that sucks -oily containers and baking trays mainly. 

A lot of the kids from my school work in the supermarket here, it's like the first place to go to if you're looking for a job but the boss isn't so nice there. Working at the cash register and stacking foods just seems fun, but then I remembered there's probably a lot of cleaning and lifting involved as well xD

So you work at a hospital? Sounds interesting yet difficult. I'm kinda intrigued about this robot. What does it do? o:

Aye. It's always the best to wait 'n see.
Omfg, oily/buttery trays or pots. I hate it.

The thing with a job is that you always start at the bottom as well.
Eventually working yourself up the 'ranks', if possible.

I hated being an apprentice in the grocery stores.
Was absolutely and utterly boring.
The days would take so long..
Then again, I wasn't involved with people.
The most I'd get to do would be to bake and re-fill groceries on the shelves.

The most important thing however, is getting along with the people you work with.
If you do, it pretty much doesn't matter what kind of job you're doing!

The robot basically reads the chip in the clothing, and outside, we have a screen where they select what kind of clothing they want.
So when they've selected that, the robot looks for one, grabs it and sends it out.
It's a really disliked system, but it's a lot smoother for us who work.
We'd need a lot of more people working with us if we were to do it any other way.
RETIRED.