Author Topic: Riders of Icarus!  (Read 7162 times)

Offline RisingDemise

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm a part of too many fandoms.
    • View Profile
Re: Riders of Icarus!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 12:33:28 am »
i forget which server i chose. Hmm. -looks- I chose America, of course, and then I chose Kalas. My username is... Well, by username, I assume you mean character name, as the game doesn't really give you a username. My character is an Assassin named Asundyr. My account nickname is TheReturningDemise, though I don't think you'll need it to friend me. Now... -goes to watch my sis finish kingdom hearts 2- mmmm.

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 04:24:35 am »
This game disappointed me a bit. The 'action combat' isn't as fast paced as it should be. As someone used to TERA Online, this was a big bummer. The moves are slow and overall feel bulky and awkward, despite looking really cool. The whole game is built around Tab Targetting rather than Action Combat, making the hit boxes huge for the player, and there's no way to properly try to drag a certain enemy away from a group without them resetting - this is bad for a ranged class.

I too tried out the assassin and I was excepting the play style to be very fast, but there's a lag in between your key input and the actual move.

Also, for a game that revolves around mounts and riding on mounts, the fact that mounts have stamina and kick you off when they run out is downright stupid.

However, I may play a bit more. The game does have a cool concept, I just wish they had gone all in for either Tab Targetting or Action Combat instead of trying to please both sides of the coin and making a mess of a combat system.

I have hopes that it will get better when it's out of beta and actually completed.

If anyone wants to see a first impressions video before trying the game you should check out TheLazyPeon's video on this game. Warning though, he does swear a ton.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:29:47 am by toonanimals317 »

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Kalaban

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • #TooLazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 02:35:43 pm »
This game disappointed me a bit. The 'action combat' isn't as fast paced as it should be. As someone used to TERA Online, this was a big bummer. The moves are slow and overall feel bulky and awkward, despite looking really cool. The whole game is built around Tab Targetting rather than Action Combat, making the hit boxes huge for the player, and there's no way to properly try to drag a certain enemy away from a group without them resetting - this is bad for a ranged class.

I too tried out the assassin and I was excepting the play style to be very fast, but there's a lag in between your key input and the actual move.

Also, for a game that revolves around mounts and riding on mounts, the fact that mounts have stamina and kick you off when they run out is downright stupid.

However, I may play a bit more. The game does have a cool concept, I just wish they had gone all in for either Tab Targetting or Action Combat instead of trying to please both sides of the coin and making a mess of a combat system.

I have hopes that it will get better when it's out of beta and actually completed.

If anyone wants to see a first impressions video before trying the game you should check out TheLazyPeon's video on this game. Warning though, he does swear a ton.

The longer you get into the game, the smoother the action combat will be. There are combos, and a reason for doing them.

Such as the slash-enemy-assassin-like with the assassin sprint can be immediately combo'd after with one of the other slashing techniques, going incredibly smooth and doing a lot of damage.

TBH in my opinion it's how much time you put into it- remember, this game is still in Beta and still has a lot to go. They are doing alright with pleasing the crowd and things will get better down the road.

Gotta hit an orthodontist's appointment, but I'll point out more when I get back

For now, I hope if you play more- you get more into the feel of things and find that flow. Good luck!
In-game Username: Kalaban

Offline RisingDemise

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 05:20:58 pm »
Tab targeting gets hardly noticeable later on. I admit, combat is very slow at first due to a lack of combos. I think it was... around level 7 when I unlocked the first combo, but I don't remember. Also, your basic attack is AWFUL, which is why you don't usually use it. It's when you unlock the plethora of other abilities that combat starts to grow on you. And also, when it comes to mount stamina, I know it gets annoying. But, I reccomend that as soon as you can, capture Logrash. I think he's in the second area you go to, he's really good with a lot of HP and stamina. And don't forget you can easily switch between mounts if you hotkey them on your action bar- Just go into your Familiars panel, drag their icon onto the hotkey bar(You know, where all of your moves are) wherever you're most comfortable. You can do the same on the mount hotbar that appears when you ride them so you can also dismount easily. It's what I do. But if it's not your thing, I DEFINATELY understand. I can see why you might prefer TERA.(Also try to focus on that right click attack, it's really good.)

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 12:14:34 am »
I joined the Baella server, anyone else? ^^

You are amazing <3

Offline Kalaban

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • #TooLazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 01:24:58 am »
Same, Blue!
In-game Username: Kalaban

Offline RisingDemise

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 05:48:36 pm »
Hey guys, I think sometime today there may be Blight of Frost maintenance on the game/servers but I am not sure. I read it somewhere, my memory could be foggy. Who knows it might have said, "July 30th" or something and I completely blanked, but if you can't get on, that's why. On the upside they're adding cool new frost mounts, including a cool looking frost dragon. They're also bringing the level cap up to 35. (Also if you want to meet me, I'm on the Kalas server. cx )

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 12:03:57 am »
Ahh! I fell in love with this game! SUPER fun. Sadly, I typically only enjoy MMORPG's when I play them with friends, and all of the friends I had originally started playing the game with ended up leaving the game for various reasons. Thus ended my experience with ROI. Sadness, because I REALLY enjoyed the game. [I'm also way shy, and the MMORPG community can be toxic and angry, and I'm a sensitive child.. Thus why I only play with friends really. ;;]

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline astraeus

• Experienced Traveler
  • |-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 10:51:46 pm »
Ooh, I've been playing this game for a few months, and it's great! If anyone wants to play with me, let me know  ;D

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 07:11:45 am »
I'd love to play with you sometime. I basically just stopped playing because I lost people to play with. xD But I loved the game!

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs