Author Topic: Chronicles of Elyria - A new kind of MMORPG  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Chronicles of Elyria - A new kind of MMORPG
« on: October 31, 2016, 02:57:09 am »
I've only recently discovered this game and thought I better share it as it is not very well known at this moment.

*Note that this game is still in development*

Here's a quick overview from the site, which you can find here:

The most dynamic and immersive MMO to date, Chronicles of Elyria is the first MMORPG where your character ages and dies, encouraging you to think beyond your character to their role in a larger story.

Fearless in its design, it embraces a character's ability to impact other characters. A closed economy, finite resources, non-repeatable quests, and a fully destructible environment means the world is experienced differently for every character. Each time you log in there is something for you to participate in. Local, regional, and national conflicts are continuously unfolding, giving birth to repeated opportunities for you to change the course of history.

Enter the world as a member of a player or NPC-ran family, then work your way up from a humble adventurer to a landed vassal, develop your dynasty, and work your way to King. Not interested in running a kingdom? The fully skill-based system and lack of classes means you're rewarded with the ability to create the exact character you want to.

Here is also a link to the kickstarter which covers a lot of the games features as well as reward and purchase packages.

This game is probably the most immersive and realistic game I've heard of. You can choose the starting age of your character, which from what I think can be as young as 15 years old. Your character will require food and water to live. They will age, grow and their body will change and adjust based on how you play. Make your character live out the life you want them too, whether that be an adventurer or beast tamer, maybe a merchant or bard or even a ruler of your own kingdom or settlement. You could even be a bandit, ambushing unsuspecting travellers -however you'd probably receive a bounty on your head depending on if you get caught or if witnesses get away, and who knows how many bounty hunters will be after you. If you're willing to take risks then go for it! Just beware of the consequences ;) If you just want a quieter and simple life, you could build a house somewhere and live off the land. By cooperating with other members of the community you can work together to create your own perfect civilisations, abiding by your own laws and rules, and providing work, safety and shelter for each other. The possibilities are endless and really up to you as the player.

I'd recommend checking out the site to get more information on the game so far :)

I couldn't figure out how to embed the actual video onto the site but here's some links and images for quick previews of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCa5MZ5oy0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb1JcO645BA

The forum is pretty active, so if you have any questions or queries you can guarantee a quick reply. Members have already started recruiting people for their guilds, kingdoms, families, etc in preparation for when the game comes out. Apparently (I'm not 100% sure so don't take my word for it) but I think there is a release date for next year although I'm not sure if that's for the actual game or the alpha. Regardless of either one it will provide plenty of time to save up for game packages and to meet new people.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a game and hope to interest some people here :3
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:35:25 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of Elyria - A new kind of MMORPG
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 12:15:22 pm »
From what I've seen, this game looks very promising! I'm excited to see how development goes and to hopefully play it one day. I love myself some MMOs and this one definitely looks interesting!

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 11:30:16 pm »
Yes, I agree! I feel like there's a lot of potential for this game and can't wait to see how it all plays out ^^
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:43:48 pm by Ingredient »

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 01:15:18 am »
Wow this game looks really exciting! Its really cool how realistic the developers are keeping it too, that will make for some really cool gameplay! Can't wait for it to come out so I can give it a try c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:26:36 am »
Yes, this MMO looks interesting indeed! I've always thought of a game that implemented realistic scenarios, despite me not being a fan of medieval fantasy. I hope this game does justice, the vision and concept looks good so far. Definitely will be trying this out once a build is released.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 10:27:18 pm »
I'm really glad to hear you two are interested in the game as well :3