Author Topic: Information Thread Regarding Server Inactivity And Recent Events  (Read 102251 times)

Offline Raddlegoose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Information Thread Regarding Server Inactivity And Recent Events
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 09:34:03 pm »
Thanks for doing this!

Offline Life

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2015, 12:30:14 am »
Second the way this solution was made makes me uneasy. Is this page safe to keep up? And will it be safe-ish from hackers? Because they way it's used makes one think that a hacker could get user information from this. However maybe that's just me being a worry wort.

Posted by Warrior:
Whether this will be forever permanent, we're not certain of, although we will be using it for a while in order to secure users' accounts.

No need to worry about account security, no accounts were breached during the incident.

Apparently I should make myself a bit more clear. I was not talking about during the incident I was speaking of the present and future. As in now. Today, tomorrow etc. I'm aware no account info was leaked during the incident. I was asking is this new measure safe to use now? However thank you anyway for answering those who may not have known their info was safe during the incident. And again thank you staff for working so hard on all of this.

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2015, 12:34:53 am »
Can you guys at least patch the login tab so that it doesn't constantly time out? Because everyone seems to be complaining about it the most. Intact, theres a thread dedicated to that issue. I think once that issue is addressed, I think people will be less frustrated with this new login system.
As far as I know, they're still working on this. There are still a lot of things to be worked through and looked at.
I'm not sure why, but only some people have this issue, while others have no problem at all.
I think its the proxy thing that causes some people to not experience the time out.

what is a proxy, and how do i use it?

Meet Chubster! © ChekachekaFisi/GigglesTheHyena
T.U.F.F. Puppy © Butch Hartman
What's up, y'all! T.U.F.F. Puppy Fan & Animal Lover here! Like This Adorable Genderless OC? Check out my deviantart! @AuBurneyTheHyena.deviantart.com/

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2015, 01:00:34 am »
Apparently I should make myself a bit more clear. I was not talking about during the incident I was speaking of the present and future. As in now. Today, tomorrow etc. I'm aware no account info was leaked during the incident. I was asking is this new measure safe to use now? However thank you anyway for answering those who may not have known their info was safe during the incident. And again thank you staff for working so hard on all of this.
Yes, the functions that we have set up are very secure. The page that connects you to the game server is completely safe, as Raz has spent quite a bit of time working on making it secure. The page may log you out after a while, but it's very secure.

A proxy, in short, is an anonymity tool. You will either have a proxy setting enabled or disabled (in order to connect to the server, you will need to have it disabled.) You will most likely know if you are using one, yet if you are not sure, you could peek into your computer settings.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:14:57 am by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline ThunderXHarley

• Curious Wanderer
  • Ken
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2015, 01:51:52 am »
Thank you for all your work, Red, and staff. We appreciate your help.
Never regret something that once made you happy.

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2015, 01:59:46 am »
Yes, the functions that we have set up are very secure. The page that connects you to the game server is completely safe, as Raz has spent quite a bit of time working on making it secure. The page may log you out after a while, but it's very secure.

A proxy, in short, is an anonymity tool. You will either have a proxy setting enabled or disabled (in order to connect to the server, you will need to have it disabled.) You will most likely know if you are using one, yet if you are not sure, you could peek into your computer settings.

I get connected, but then, from the moment I get in the game (like with my character) and try to rp with my friends, I lose connection.

Meet Chubster! © ChekachekaFisi/GigglesTheHyena
T.U.F.F. Puppy © Butch Hartman
What's up, y'all! T.U.F.F. Puppy Fan & Animal Lover here! Like This Adorable Genderless OC? Check out my deviantart! @AuBurneyTheHyena.deviantart.com/

Offline aerotechway1

• Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2015, 02:51:54 pm »
Even though I still can't connect, I'll just wait until everything's fixed. Thank you Raz for the help though!

"Deep in contemplation."

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2015, 05:17:28 pm »
Even though I still can't connect, I'll just wait until everything's fixed. Thank you Raz for the help though!

If you still have problems with connection you might want to check out
this thread or ask for help in game help/site+forum help and there is bigger possibility to find a solution for your problem :)

Offline blackmailchan

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • CerealSoup
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2015, 07:41:51 pm »
Just to clarify since other games and sites were mentioned by the ones hijacking the staff accounts during the "hacking". This has been a specific attack against Feral-Heart in how it works and no other game or site is more or less vulnerable because Feral-Heart was tinkered with. Nor can we confirm or deny these sites/games involvement, and it doesn't make them more or less likely to have been involved with the "hacking", we'd appreciate it if you users understand this. We'd also like to inform users not to use any stretched out characters found of their account in the game as we will start kicking/banning users found using these characters.

WOW!!!! REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 07:43:16 pm »
I'd just like to state something regarding a certain bit of this post... you say you can't confirm nor deny MR and CS's involvement, but actually, you can.

We both actively helped you by supplying information. We both gave our sides, explained our innocence. There is proof that we were not involved. The hackers themselves have said it, and we have stated it many times and given backup to support us.

Neither CS nor MR was involved in this attack, instead we were targets like you, and you and all the rest of the staff know this. I myself have actively helped you guys by giving a ton of information via PM, and I'm MR's head administrator.

Thanks for completely sweeping us under the rug.