Author Topic: Information Thread Regarding Server Inactivity And Recent Events  (Read 103408 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Information Thread Regarding Server Inactivity And Recent Events
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2015, 12:02:47 am »
All those telling people to shut up aren't helping please. People need to be able to talk things out no matter how heated things get. Just be sure to respect each other and the rules in the meantime.

A lot of these conversations are missing the point and going off in weird directions. It's all very petty.

You know Skulleh & Black you guys were actually told several times to keep your reports and conversation on this issue in private message amongst the FH staff only. If you truly wanted to address your concerns over anything including finding out who did what or clearing your community's name you could have simply expressed this with the staff via pm as we did with the prior reports. Of course we couldn't guarantee the information you were requesting since we are investigating things ourselves. It would have made more sense to just keep this all between pm though rather than arguing here publically and actually masking yourselves look bad in the process. I don't see why you guys continued expressing your points publically in the threads just to make a scene. We couldn't disclose that kind of delicate information publically here anyway. It's all very delicate matter to be honest and it's something we all need to approach with caution. You should be able to understand that issues like this don't clear up immediately. This entire incident is deeper than just our little communities. Keep in mind though that our priority as Feral Heart staff is to protect Feral Heart at the end of the day. There is no black & white to this situation but rather a very foggy and uncertain grey that still needs to be sorted.

Offline starthewolf445

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2015, 12:03:55 am »
The Problem is.
Like it or not, this game counts as an actual world for some people. Because in the real world they may be rejected by everyone else around them. So to them it's not just a "Game." Would you tell that to someone who spent their in a wheelchair and would get excited when they finally saw a walking simulator that might have been buggy but it was the closest thing to walking they've ever done? Like it or not. I can understand the hate some people may have towards the mods. I'm not saying that all the Mods are bad I'm merely saying that some that are stationed in game will ban you if you make a clear typing mistake and quickly correct yourself. Whether or not this attack was aimed because of their actions or not I'm going to be frank. Unless Feral heart gets better security which one of the Mods told me without Red it's not we're going to lose more people. And certainly if we all keep itching at each other and ganging up on Skulleh who DID provide information. Also Abyssal we're not saying that you don't matter. We've all been wronged by life one way or another but we all have to be strong. This might have not had malicious intent at all it might have just been done by a few bitter people who are hiding behind other well protected games to get people angry. In all honesty I know this is going to sound rather strange but have you guys ever thought about just making a new game off of Feral heart?
If things like this keep happening sooner or later it's going to die. And I hate to be the one that has to say this.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:06:07 am by JustABrilliantMind »

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2015, 12:04:44 am »
Skulleh

I'm not even going to continue arguing your first point people can make up there own mind...

Youtube Tumblr? Those issue could be faced there.

And your post here

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=54134.msg739721#msg739721

Does appear to be the first post mentioning moonrise after the hack?

The thread was for informing people and clearing up worries not pointing fingers. But with a site yourself you would know threads don't always follow plan.

And thank you we are great full for the information you provided to Sura I have briefly looked over it but I still have a substantial amount of data of our own which is being processed since security fixes came first.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2015, 12:09:17 am »
In all honesty I know this is going to sound rather strange but have you guys ever thought about just making a new game off of Feral heart?

This has been a discussion many times and people have been working on such games, like Isles of Eventide, Aro'kai, and et cetera. Of course, these games all take a good while to complete for the best gaming experience. I am sure many FH members would love a remake of the game, but sadly most of us are not experienced enough with programming, coding, and all the other components of a game to even consider doing so.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline AbyssalRadiance

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2015, 12:15:46 am »
Clearly I have made a bad impression, and people are picking specific things in my posts to speak of and it's making me look bad.

I apologize for getting as heated as others. I cannot deal with conflict. I have an innate need to try and keep the peace and when I get frustrated, I say things I probably shouldn't.
To Lord, I apologize for saying for people to shut up. I have no excuse other than the fact that conflict toward me or conflict I witness involving people/things I care about bring on anxiety attacks and I just want to help fix things and bring peace, but I guess I screw up.

I want to make it clear to people too that me typing caps is not meant to be raging or childish. I have noticed that italics and bold can be hard to see sometimes, and I only post in caps where I feel emphasis is needed, to make up for the other options sometimes not being very obviously visible.

I said what I said and you guys can all hate me and attack me, jump to conclusions about the type of person I am and why I say/do things...fine. Just know I had the best intentions in mind.
You'd think I'd learn my lesson by now since almost all efforts I make in trying to keep peace in situations causes people to either turn on me or just generally think bad of me and think I'm the immature one...and I'm sorry.

I wanted to try to help and clearly I'm just a problem. I'm sorry..I don't know what else to say except for that..if anyone wants to think poorly of me, go ahead, it obviously doesn't matter.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2015, 12:19:43 am »
No one should be taking any of this personal. It's all discussion guys. If anyone should be the receiver of hostility it's the hackers who have brought all this tension and confusion in the first place.

Offline starthewolf445

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2015, 12:20:58 am »
We're not going to make conclusions about you.
But in all honestly I don't feel like people are looking at the problem from different angles. I still think this was a hate attack brought on by a bad experience with mods. I think we've all been banned for a day or two for misspelling a word that looked slightly like profanity. I'm not saying all the Mods are bad I'm merely saying it makes perfect sense for someone from our community to have had a bad experience with a few that didn't know how to do their jobs and or didn't handle a situation the best way. Heck I had an incident that nearly destroyed a 250 member group because of the way a minimal mod dealt with things. But that's no excuse for us to start snapping at each other like we're dogs. Nor am I giving them the right to do such things. I'm simply saying we have to take that into account.
   We are only allowing ourselves to get heated not because the mods brought this onto us but simply because we are the ones that are pointing fingers at each other and making unfair accusations.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:25:39 am by JustABrilliantMind »

Offline AbyssalRadiance

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2015, 12:25:02 am »
To be fair, that's what I've been trying to explain to everyone this entire time..it's not about FH, it's not about CS or MR..it's about the hackers. They caused this and I said time and time again that this bickering is what they wanted.

I simply wanted to make peace and bring some sense into everyone who was arguing, but obviously I made things a lot worse, and I am extremely sorry. I brought the wrong impressions, despite my good intentions...and I'm afraid I don't think I can change how members will view me now from this.

I want to sincerely apologize for making the argument much worse...I should have left it be instead of trying to be a peacekeeper....I will accept any punishment that is due to me for adding to the drama..I made some mistakes of my own and everything I intended for completely backfired...
I'm sorry for everything.
It seems any time I do try to fix a situation, I only humiliate myself.

If you guys would like me to leave this community for your own better sake, say so and I will. I never meant harm or trouble.

Offline blackmailchan

• View Profile
    • CerealSoup
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2015, 12:31:46 am »
i hope FH staff doesn't ban abyssal she's cute and trying her best

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2015, 12:33:06 am »
To be fair, that's what I've been trying to explain to everyone this entire time..it's not about FH, it's not about CS or MR..it's about the hackers. They caused this and I said time and time again that this bickering is what they wanted.

I simply wanted to make peace and bring some sense into everyone who was arguing, but obviously I made things a lot worse, and I am extremely sorry. I brought the wrong impressions, despite my good intentions...and I'm afraid I don't think I can change how members will view me now from this.

I want to sincerely apologize for making the argument much worse...I should have left it be instead of trying to be a peacekeeper....I will accept any punishment that is due to me for adding to the drama..I made some mistakes of my own and everything I intended for completely backfired...
I'm sorry for everything.
It seems any time I do try to fix a situation, I only humiliate myself.

If you guys would like me to leave this community for your own better sake, say so and I will. I never meant harm or trouble.

No need for exile, dear. I am sure we all want this to end in a peaceful agreement. We are all trying our best to get things cleared up. A misunderstanding is a misunderstanding. You were only trying to help, and that is what matters when it comes down to it.

We should all be putting our squabbles aside and get down to the nitty gritty of it, which is solving the hacking issue. We have all been exposed to this heated discussion and I think it has sparked a few short fuses here and there, but what matters is how we go from here. Everyone has said their peace now, and it should be time to discuss important matters of how to solve the case regarding the hackers, not continuing a pointless argument by stating the same issues over again.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧