Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 55184 times)

Offline .Toxicity.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2018, 12:25:30 am »
Raz, big no no. I must say, this idea is absolutely horrible and may ruin this game.

Feral Heart is already dead as-is and doing this will help none. In fact, will probably make it worse. There are so many extremely inappropriate users on FH, getting 'rid' of moderators for a month is definite doom. So many of those people will take advantage of this, and do what they do. Without moderators, anyone who witnesses any inappropriate actions, roleplays, or words will have no way to report them, because blocking will do no good, for the users will still be there, and out in the world.

Please reconsider this as I fear it will decrease the amount of FH players, even more than they already are. Please.

Sincerely,
     .Toxicity.

wolfdog01

« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2018, 12:34:40 am »
This song kinda matches my mood honestly.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v5zFnGRaO0E

Anyone who has played this game knows what this mask means. You've worked so hard to bring two people together and to love each other forever, but then the world ends. At least they are together while everything gets destroyed. Reminds me of the work that has been put into this game just to have it crash and burn.
Maybe it will survive, maybe this is all part of a bigger plan. Who knows. I won't say I hate Raz, he has kept the game up and running for a long time, but I do hate his recent decisions.

Kinda hate it too because now I am just picturing that during the rough bumps the game has had, there have been small earth quakes for our chars. But now picture the maps crumbling and breaking open and stuff, like an apocalypse.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:42:56 am by wolfdog01 »

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #232 on: September 26, 2018, 12:47:34 am »
Now I have finally come to understand your possible offering, but as seen now.. Without any moderators within the game to keep the peace, we have gone corrupt. I would understand if it was a 16+ community, but with Feralheart consisting mainly of youngsters this was bound to happen. As you can already see if you just login into the server for once and by these posts, the community has been damaged. You can already see what would happen in October, unfolding right infront of your eyes.. Yet you never post a response to this. Just sit back and watch, probably eating some popcorn. Very comfy isn't it?

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2018, 01:05:12 am »
Maybe this is what he wants. He wants enough people to leave and get mad so he can shut down the game without as many people on it. A lot of people are leaving and the staff page only has him on it. I think he just wants people to give up and go home so he can finally quit. Idk tho.
That was one theory but it's a fools way of doing it.
There is probably 100 people who would have taken over & rigged a functional server.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Krakyll

« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2018, 01:23:57 am »
Hell yeah.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:29:05 am by Krakyll »

Offline snappyhyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • oh worm
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2018, 01:34:43 am »
to be completely honest, though, one point i'd like to bring up is that i highly doubt the system will be abused. not to say it's a good idea, but what i believe as an educated guess is that nobody would even use it and feral heart is already in chaos a day after this system was released, and it's being fueled by your decisions. i've never met you, raz, and i haven't really taken my time to know the staff, but with nobody to watch over the members, every rule is currently being broken right in front of your eyes and people do not seem to be using the system (which is the only way to "report" things now) accordingly. if at all, then they think someone would just be able to do it for them or it wouldn't even count as their business. i can say that because i refuse to even use the system because its 1) not my business 2) i dont wanna be blamed for anything, man. i'm really shy. that doesn't mean the system can't and won't be abused, of course, but that's just my input. also, the grounds is... chaotically annoying yet so hilarious. event: feral heart's first ever player-hosted free for all

Offline arkaede

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2018, 01:35:52 am »
I feel like you really missed an opportunity to make it No-Mod-November, but okay.

Idk why any of you are surprised that feral-heart continues to age poorly.

Offline Grimm.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Vessel
    • Vesrimm
    • vesrimm
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2018, 02:40:03 am »
I haven't been on for years, but I came back after hearing about this on a few chats.

Hello, I've been a member since about 2012 on my old account. Maybe a bit longer? This account is using a username I highly associate with my dead-name, so I didn't want to use it until I caught registration or the ability to change my username.

This system can easily be abused. People have bad intentions. They could knock it on someone to simply enjoy this power, and ban someone they dislike. Systems relying on bots can pick out swear words from normal text easily. Three letters in something completely different can be snatched by a bot, and then used to ban someone who didn't even say the actual swear word. They could have their character say something rude in an RP with someone else, and the bot could still pick that out being completely automated and ban someone for something story-related.

I'm an admin of two decently-sized discords. Not huge like FR, but I have dealt with problematic users from time to time. I would never give my users the ability to essentially ban each other. Especially when we deal with stuff worse than twelve year olds swearing.

I don't really care if my dead-named account gets banned or not for disagreeing with this announcement. I won't be able to play until registration comes back up and I can claim a new name. But please, think these things over. It'll be awful if completely innocent users get bullied over these updates, and lose complete access to accounts and friends they've had for ages.

Offline RazIsAThot

• Forum Newcomer
  • Be gone hoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 26, 2018, 03:25:03 am »
-Content removed for breaking the forum rules-
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:37:47 am by Redlinelies »

Offline Bastille

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2018, 03:37:15 am »
Oh okay, okay! Unpopular opinion time after thinking about this long and hard!
Here I go...

This was blown way out of proportion!

Lmao, yeah Raz is the bad guy for going behind the Mod's back and pushing down really good ideas, but the self moderation system wouldn't have killed FH imo. If anything it's probably getting killed by how exaggerated the whole thing is.
Let me say these things, firstly:
1.) I do not hate the mods, nor do I really believe that anything was wrong with the moderation system
2.) Yes I am sad the mods are leaving
3.) Yes it was wrong of Raz to go behind their back
4.) Nynx absolutely should not have gotten punished for doing what they did

With those said, I still stand behind the fact that I don't think it that big of a deal. You guys can yell at me if you want, but have most of you actually taken the chance to sit back and really think about what Raz was suggesting? I'm not on the guy's side but he just mentioned trying something for a month, and that if it didn't work he'd take it away.

It's just.. Crazy blown out of proportion in my eyes

I totally agree with this!! I may not have at first, but I feel like our tendencies as individuals are to focus on what’s negative (in this case the whole going behind the other staff’s back and whatnot), but the fact that everything has quite literally exploded out of proportion is kind of ridiculous. Honestly, at this point all I want is a more in-depth explanation of how the system is going to work before making any decisions to support it or not.