Author Topic: What do you think about Mate Centers?  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Star510

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think about Mate Centers?
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 10:37:21 pm »
I agree with genesis9. :D
~Haters gunna Hate~

Offline Reanaw

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 07:13:09 pm »
I personally think mate centers and all the other centers are annoying. I don't know, they just keep advertising themselves every five seconds. And mate beggers. Gosh. They are even more annoying than the centers...

Offline Virtuex

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Uh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 09:43:31 pm »
I dont really care about them, as long they dont break any rules, its ok
Also I sometimes lag when theres too many people together (happened in Bonfire)

Offline ResslessV

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • If my mane doesn't get you, the beard will.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 10:06:14 pm »
Ugh, I could rant all day about Mate Centers. I mean, I don't mind the Adoption Centers, but I do get strongly annoyed when I see a Mate Center.
My reason for this is because, like someone said, you get chosen by the look of your character. Yes, I can understand why some people may not want to have a sparkle wolf or sparkle cat as a mate, but still, have some respect. Most people when they see a sparkle character instantly think they are a noob. For all you know they could be a very literate and mature, they just like that style of character.
Also, it isn't just those types of characters, but any of them. This also happens in real life. People get chosen for their looks and not their personality.

Getting away from that, another reason I don't care for Mate Centers is because a lot of the time, whoever started the Mate Center advertises every.5.Seconds. Not all the time, but usually. And they also use caps lock all the time and spams the chat. My final reason is because sometimes, people will fight over who want them to be their mate. Then that leads to arguing, blocking, and just disruption.

-V

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:33:41 pm by ????????? »

Rainbows :D

Offline Demonology

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 03:45:41 pm »
I agree with pretty much all of you, I honestly have no real problem with mate centers, it keeps the mate beggars away and it helps people that may not be sure how to find mate. The main thing I don't agree with is as Ressless said you pick by how they look instead of getting to know the person.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:49:39 pm by Corson »

You saw nothing.

Offline Nephrite

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • nephriite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 04:11:59 am »
I really agree with pretty much everything Genesis said.

I go to them a lot. I've even made a mate center, and I use it pretty frequently. It never bothers me, and I've never had very many lag problems.

The main thing that bugs me about mate centers is not the mate centers themselves, but the others in Bonfire/other places who stereotype people there as mate beggars or illiterate sparklethings. I've seen plenty of literate people at Mate Centers. Once even, we had a roleplaying session at the mate center, a literate one, let me add.

The way you go about getting the mate bothers me too. At first, when I was a mate center, I made the person elaborate on themselves a bit. Everyone found this to be stupid, so I stopped doing that. I wish there were more that did things like that. Like a "Date Center", where you at least get to know someone before you become their mate, instead of on their appearance.

I've gotten a mate from the mate center before, and we talk a lot. We don't necessarily roleplay together, but our characters are mates. We just talked a little bit at a mate center, then went elsewhere and chatted, and then we went back to the mate center, and yeah. :I I don't think it's very possible to "fall in love" at a mate center.

Offline PumkinPie5764

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Keep your attitude to yourself. I have my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 02:13:54 am »
Well...Er...I can't really decide on this. Mate centers are very popular, but rather ridiculous. Honestly, a mate center? Not trying to..creep people out but..I think there is more female playing FH then male. Not trying to be...rude. But as for myself. I am male, and don't go to the mate center. I barely even go to bonfire. Lag mania there. So..Yea, I don't think..I like mate centers, though I still think those -Arm wiggle- ...People, have a right make ''Mate centers''.

Thank you for this art, Mayasacha! :3
Character Bio
(Coming Soon..)

Offline dawnrunner1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Call me...Bunni! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 05:54:20 am »
I once tried a mate center to see what it was like and i agree that you should not pick a mate by appearance and meet someone in a rp.when i did try a mate center me and my mate went to the cape and then she had to leave 2 min.later and i never saw her again.So i don't mind them being there but there is some problems like lag.
work is not mine :3

Offline Animalsalways256

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 02:44:17 pm »
Well, honestly, letting everyone know your personality is a good idea. But ACs aren't bad. They are just cute pups/cubs wanting to be adopted. But MCs....well, I think there is a totally different way to get a mate!  :-\

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 03:33:42 pm »
Well, honestly, letting everyone know your personality is a good idea. But ACs aren't bad. They are just cute pups/cubs wanting to be adopted. But MCs....well, I think there is a totally different way to get a mate!  :-\
While yer response of humble opinion is most appreciated, floof, methinks I shall lock this thread due to the followin' reasons:

1. This is more or less an old discussion topic 'n hasn't been added onto since last year.
2. The topic has been thoroughly discussed so it would seem 'n given the multiple threads regardin' Mate Centers/Adoption Centers out there, some of 'em more recent than this mayhaps, it'd be better to direct one's tongue to speak out in said threads for the time bein'.
gone