Author Topic: Warfangs  (Read 1371 times)

Offline SparxEmeraldpaw

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Warfangs
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:27:57 pm »
NOTE- PLEASE READ FIRST: This may seem lengthy, but the only parts you need to know how to make and be a good Warfang is under 'Appearance' and 'Ranks and Personality'

Warfangs
A Warfang is a tall, muscular canine with a nasty temper easily triggered. The males and females are both huge and there is little size difference. Warfangs are much taller and larger than even a Great Dane or a Wolfhound. Their size is more similar to that of a small horse.

Origin
Warfangs were originally bred for assisting humans in war. But their brutal natures have made them the most uncontrollable, wild creatures. So the humans placed them where they belonged; in the wild. Now they are seen as dangerous pests, and are killed if spotted in an area populated by humans like any other large predator. Humans want the Warfangs extinct, and hunting parties take place often. It is very legal to kill them because of the threat and power the Warfangs posses.

Appearance

Extremely tall and fairly heavy build, due to extreme muscular power. Either have long, thin tails, or short tails for speed. Despite their heavy build, Warfangs can sustain great speeds for long periods of time due to all the muscle they have. Ears are erect and quite small to not interfere in combat. Males and females are basically the same size, but females may be a smidget sleeker; they are built more for speed, and the males were built for power and endurance. Warfangs have very dark, pale pelts that may range anywhere from dark gray to a reddish tint, and very rarely, a gorgeous silver coat associated with light, long fur, which is also rare; as most Warfangs' fur is extremely short. Warfangs RARELY have markings, but when they do they are not too noticable- the markings are a similar color as the pelt. Warfangs usually have manes. Perfecting this took years and years of breeding.

Ranks And Personality

As stated before, Warfangs have the shortest, most ferocious tempers. They can be greedy when it comes to ranks, and often scrabble for the high ranks to have the privilege of taking some of the first and best bites of prey.

Also with high ranks comes more females scrabbling to be your mate. Because the females are more sleek, the males are higly dominant, so females are commonly seen fighting to inherit the male's rank. There is no specified mating season, and pups are few; five pups maximum are ever born, though usually there are only two or three in a litter. Warfangs can breed infinate times, and any pack member may mate due to the constantly changing ranks, so it hardly matters. Females are often forced to hunt, or they may gift a male with prey to try and perk his interest in one of them.  It goes like this:

Lead Male:

High-ranking Males:

Mid-Ranking Males:

Lower Males:

High-ranking Females:

Mid-Ranking Females:

Lower Females:

Warfangs are free for anyone to make, but respect their appearance (which means I don't wanna see any neons; THEY ARE PALE.) and personality. I might snap if I see something incorrect, as they are very special to me. ;w;

Or, you could be in my Warfang group; apply here: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=19861.msg262395#new You get to be an original Warfang!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:06:10 pm by Sparx »