Author Topic: {~Rock Island Wolves~}  (Read 13505 times)

Offline Skywolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
{~Rock Island Wolves~}
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:25:25 pm »
Rock Island Wolves
Water loving, friendly canines from the Rock Islands that want you to join them!
RIW=Rock Island Wolf

History: The Rock Island Wolves' native country is called the Rock Islands. Sadly, intruders into their home forced everyone out into the rest of the world. Since then, the intruders have left. There may be a mass migration back to the Rock Islands in the near future...

Habits: All RIWs  are excellent fishermen.  (or fisherwolves) They absolutely love the water, and most can't live without it. Besides providing them with food, water provides a place to relax. RIWs often lay in shallow water and lie there for hours at a time. Sometimes, the RIWs will hunt fish together like dolphins. Their bright colors often scare fish, which they use to their advantage. They can also blow bubbles out of their noses to make a bubble net, although it expends their air supply faster. RIWs can hold their breath underwater for nearly 15 minutes. All RIWs are excellent swimmers.

Habitat: Anywhere with water and fish...

Body Appearance: Rock Island Wolves are built for aquatic life. They have very small cheeks and small ears to limit resistance. Also, they have large, furry tails that help to push them through the water. Their ears are folded so when they swim forward less water gets in. They are usually thin and light, but a few here and there might have eaten too much...
The first step of creation looks similar to this:

http://egvb.home.comcast.net/~egvb/RockIslandWolfBody.jpg

Size: They are smallish size canines. (default size when in the creator, although some are longer, taller, or wider than others. Some also can be shorter or thinner.)

Pelt:
The color of a RIW is determined by the color of it's markings. There are 7 colors possible:
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple/Pink, Teal, and Gray. This color affects the color of everything else except the eyes and nose. The eyes and around eyes are all the same color, but can be any color imaginable. The nose is also any color imaginable, but is usually different from the eyes and markings. The eyes and nose are used to distinguish individuals from one another. The colors of the eyes and nose are also not affected by the parents.
Like I said before, almost everything is affected by the color of the markings. The markings are a rather dark version of the color. The pelt is usually a much lighter version of the markings. Some RIWs' pelts are almost the same color as the markings, but this is very rare among the species. Also, the pelt can never be the same color or darker than the markings. For males, the mane is a color between the markings and pelt. The tailtip is the same color as the markings (doesn't apply to Color hybrids).

Family Life: RIWs tend to behave a lot like humans when it comes to family life. Typically, a family consists simply of a mated pair and their offspring. They are friendly towards other families; playing together, eating together, relaxing together, hunting together, and maybe even sleeping together a few nights. Two families will rarely stay together more than a week at any given time, though, and most meeting last only a day.

Lifespan:
RIWs tend to live to be about 7 years old. Some live to be 10 years old, and a select few can live to 15 years old!

Breeding/Pup Life: After meeting much like humans tend to do, a new couple will wander together for quite a while. They usually meet their each other's family and friends and get to know them during this time. When they do settle down and start a family, the gestation is usually anywhere between 5-6 months depending on how many pups the female is carrying. Litters typically have 2-5 pups in them, though 1-7 pups is not unheard of. When the day of birth finally comes, the family finds a burrow in which the female can give birth. The pups are small, never more than 10 inches, and usually smaller. They are born blind, deaf, and naked. The mother and father take turns caring for the pups and going out to fish. The pups grow rapidly during this time. The pups don't emerge from the den until about 2 weeks of age, and by this time they can see, hear, and walk. Their fur is also completely grown. Over the next year or so they grow much more slowly.
The parents take great care of their pups, nurturing them, playing with them, and teaching them to fish and swim. Pups are usually quite playful, and most learn the necessary skills quickly. By the time they are one year old, they are ready to live on their own, but rarely do at this age. Pups tend to not leave their families until they find a mate. Pups finish becoming fertile at around age 1 year 1 month and are ready to mate then. Once they do leave to start a new family, they usually stay in contact with their parents, and spend time with them sometimes. RIWs value family very highly, and will usually stick to families of other RIWs. However, RIWs in clans and packs not of their species is not unheard of.

Hybrids: There are two types of hybrids, Color hybrids, and species hybrids. Species hybrids are your typical hybrids between species, but Color hybrids are different.
Color hybrids are basically hybrids between colors (No kidding!). Lets say a Red male mated with a Yellow female and had two pups. The pups would not be orange, but either red or yellow. The difference between a pure RIW and a Color hybrid RIW is the fact the hybrid's tailtip doesn't match it's markings. Say the first pup is red. It would be totally red except for it's tailtip, which would be yellow. It's dominant color is red, and it's recessive is yellow. Now, lets say this pup grows up and mates with another hybrid. This hybrid is Blue dominant and gray recessive. When they mate, each pup gets only one color from each parent, and only one of the two is dominant. So when two totally different hybrids mate, there is a 25% chance of each color being dominant in the pup.
Did that make sense? If you have any questions about Hybrids or anything else feel free to ask!

Here are some examples:
http://egvb.home.comcast.net/~egvb/RIWHyrbridCropped.jpg
http://egvb.home.comcast.net/~egvb/RIWHybridExample2Cropped.jpg

How to make one:
Males:
Body: See above picture link
Tail: Thin Tail
Mane: Backwards Mohawk
Ears: Folded ears
Tufts: Back Mane
Eyes: Normal
Body Markings: Dorsal Stripe
Head Markings: None
Tail Markings: Anything that doesn't cover the tailtip and doesn't take up the majority of the tail. I prefer you use Celtic. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Females:
Tail: Thin Tail
Mane: Maneless
Ears: Folded ears
Tufts: Tuftless
Eyes: Normal
Body Markings: Dorsal Stripe
Head Markings: None
Tail Markings: Anything that doesn't cover the tailtip and doesn't take up the majority of the tail. I prefer you use Celtic. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Coloration:
Pelt:Same as Markings, but quite a bit lighter.
Underfur: Always White
Eyes:Any Color
Above Eyes: Same as Eyes
Below Eyes: Same as Eyes
Nose:Any Color
Mane:Any Color between the Pelt and Markings.
Markings: 150 of one of the available colors. [Colors: Red (150 R), Green (150 G), Blue (150 Blue), Yellow (150 R, 150 G), Purple/Pink, (150 R, 150 B) Teal, (150 G, 150 B) and Gray(150 all)]

Some examples are as follows:
http://egvb.home.comcast.net/~egvb/RockIslandWolfFemale1Cropped%20copy.jpg
http://egvb.home.comcast.net/~egvb/RockIslandWolfFemale2Cropped.jpg
http://egvb.home.comcast.net/~egvb/RockIslandWolfFemale3Cropped.jpg
http://egvb.home.comcast.net/~egvb/RockIslandWolfMale1Cropped.jpg
And One above

Want to make one? Fill out and Post this application, and I will add you to the list. However, filling out this application is not a requirement to play your character. In other words, don't wait for me to accept your application before you start playing your character. I will use the information in the application to keep track of who's who in the population of Rock Island Wolves. I know that it looks a lot like a group application, but this is not a clan/pride/pack.

Picture:
Name:
Family: (List names and how they are related)
Personality:
Misc. Stuff: (Things like name meaning, history, or anything else you want to include)
Username:

Species Member List:
Males:2
Females:4
Total:6

Picture:
Name:Sucephas (sue-keff-us)
Family: None
Personality:Adventurous, strong-willed, caring, curious
Misc. Stuff: His name literally means: "water rock."
Username: Skywolf

Picture:
Name: Aqua
Personality: She's shy and normally barely talks unless she's talking about something she feels comfortable talking about or finds humorous. She also tends to pry at things a little to much and most of the time she gets people angry with her.
Misc. Stuff: Nothing really other than she's like the emo one of the bunch I guess, just minus the cutting xD (words of the original author. She did not mean to offend anyone.)
Username: BrokenAngel09

Picture: None yet
Name: Aquamarine
Personality: Adventurous, outgoing, persistent
Misc. Stuff: None
Username: ur_my_muse

Picture: None
Name:Sea
Family:None that is known about
Personality:She likes to be with others. She also tends to hang out at cape a lot.
Misc. Stuff:name means:ocean, which means:lots of water
username:eeveestan

Picture: None, but is Teal colored
Name: Itsasoa
Personality: She is very friendly. She can get very ill-tempered at times, but most of the times she can be very outgoing and caring.
Misc. Stuff: Name means "Sea"
Username:JellyBeanzz

Picture:
Name:Blade
Family: Unknown
Personality: Kind, nice, caring but sometimes a little snappy
Misc. Stuff:
History: He was abandoned. Sadly, he grew up alone, but survived. He was always kind no matter how bad it got, but he knew the he always had a bad side. (he's snappy)
Username: Wolf

Announcements:
Feb. 6: Rock Island Wolves Thread created and culture finished!
Feb. 6: Sucephas (Skywolf) added!
June 3: Aquamarine (ur_my_muse) added!
January 6: Aqua (BrokenAngel9) added!
Jan. 6: Sea (eeveestan) added!
Jan. 6: Itsasoa (JellyBeanzz) added!
Jan. 14: Blade (Wolf) added!

Map: None, in planning stage (If you would like to help, feel free to ask)

If you make a Rock Island Wolf, please come back here for updates and news.

Thread pretty much done, you can post now!
Note: You can make multiple characters of this species, just make sure you can handle them!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:32:47 am by Skywolf »

Offline ur_my_muse

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: {~Rock Island Wolves~}
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 01:26:29 pm »
Picture: (Sorry I don't know how to do this but I will gladly meet you in game)
Name: Aquamarine
Personality: Adventurous, outgoing, persistent
Username: ur_my_muse

Offline Skywolf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:28:59 pm »
Thank you for your interest, I appreciate it. I will add you immediately.
Sorry about the fact it took a while to respond.

When would you be available to meet up? I tend to have a lot of free time, so most times in the afternoon are good for me.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:37:57 pm by Skywolf »

Offline ur_my_muse

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 04:35:16 pm »
Sure, I'll meet with you. When do you want to meet?

Offline Skywolf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 08:21:10 pm »
I've sent you a friend request in-game. Like I said, I have a lot of free time, so we can meet whenever it's convenient for you.

EDIT: Actually, we have another option. If you answer these questions, I can create your character in my game. I can then take and upload a picture without us having to meet in-game.

1. Is your character's body close to the average RIW? If not, how is it different?
This is an average RIW:
http://egvb.home.comcast.net/~egvb/RockIslandWolfBody.jpg

2. What color is your character? (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Teal, Purple/Pink, or Gray?)

3. Is your character a Color Hybrid? If so, what color is your tailtip?

4.What color are your character's eyes?

5.What color is your character's nose?

6. Is there any specific way you want your character posed for the picture?

I promise to delete my version of your character once I'm done with the picture.

Thanks!
Skywolf
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:58:41 am by Skywolf »

Offline BrokenAngel09

• Curious Wanderer
    • imsoopunkrock
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 05:21:04 am »
Picture:
Name: Aqua  (Real creative right? x3)
Family: No one(I'm all alone)
Personality: She's shy and normally barely talks unless she's talking about something she feels comfortable talking about or finds humorous(is that spelled right?) She also tends to pry at things a little to much and most of the time she gets people angry with her.
Misc. Stuff: Nothing really other than she's like the emo one of the bunch I guess, just minus the cutting xD
Username: BrokenAngel09

By the way about the emo thing I've got nothing against them so I don't mean that in an offensive way.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:28:04 pm by Kaylin »

Offline eeveeh

• Floof-O-Meter: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 04:14:18 pm »
name:sea
family:i dont know
persona:likes to be wit others she tends to hang out at cape alot
misc.stuff:name means:ocean witch means:lots of water ((i think 8P))
username:eeveestan

Offline JellyBeanzz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 02:52:48 pm »
Picture: Srry couldnt get a pic in D: (she is basically teal coloured :P)
Name: Itsasoa
Family: none :(
Personality: She is very friendly she can get very ill-tempered at times but most of the times she can be very outgoing and caring.
Misc. Stuff: Name means "Sea"
Username:JellyBeanzz

Offline Skywolf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 09:46:32 pm »
Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on for a long, long time. I suppose I got frustrated with technical problems and never came back.

Anyway, I've added all the applications since I left.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:13:06 pm by Skywolf »

Offline Wolf}

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Trust No One. If you want your secrets Safe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 10:02:16 pm »
Picture: How da heck do i get pictures up on this thing! o.O Tell me im going mad not being able to do it o.O
Name:Blade
Family: Unknown
Personality: Kind, nice, caring but sometimes a little snapy
Misc. Stuff:
History: He was abandoned sadly, he grew up alone but survived and he always was kind no matter how bad it was but he knew the he always had a bad side (he's snapy)
Username: Wolf}

"I Believe I can Fly!"