Author Topic: {~Rock Island Wolves~}  (Read 13501 times)

Offline Skywolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
Re: {~Rock Island Wolves~}
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 02:40:09 am »
Added!

To put a picture up the way I do, you need a Comcast account, Paint (program accessible through the "Start" menu), Photoshop (optional), and, of course, FeralHeart.

1. In the game, choose a pose you want (or just take a picture while in the character creator) and press the print screen button. On my keyboard, it's a small key in the upper right-hand corner between F12 and the windows button that looks like this:
PrtSc
 Sys Req
Press that, and in the chat box, it should say "Screenshot Saved," or something very similar to that.

2. Open up Paint. Once your there, go to Edit, and then press paste. The screenshot should be there.

From here you can do one of two things:
3. If you have Photoshop, you can save it  (I usually save it as a Bitmap file, or bmp at this point. You should probably save it as the same file type you will use in step 3, for simplicity purposes), open Photoshop, and load it there. You can then crop it (cut out the extra background around your wolf) and save it. (I usually save it as a JPEG file at this point, but you should use whatever file format works for you. Some things are simply habit for me, like saving a screenshot as two different file types)

Or, if you don't have Photoshop you can crop it directly in Paint, although it will be harder than in Photoshop that has a separate crop tool. To crop a photo in Paint, you need to click the "Select" tool, right above the paint bucket (aka, "Fill with Color" tool.). You then drag a box around only the background above your wolf in the picture. You then right click inside the box and press "cut," this will delete the area inside the box. Repeat three times more times until there is no extra background area around your wolf.

4. Go to Comcast.net (typing in the Google box and clicking the first link works). Make an account on Comcast, and go to "Account" and then "Users and Settings" from the home page. Under "High-Speed Internet" I think there is an option to enable/disable Personal web pages. (Honestly, I've had my Comcast account for as long as I can remember, so I don't remember this part from my own experience) Once it's on, there should be a question mark beside "Personal Web Pages." Click that, and copy and paste the link (publish.comcast.net) into the address box.

5. You should see a page that says "comcast.net Personal Web Pages" at the top, tabs labeled "Home," "Pages," "Photos," Blogs," "Widgets," and "Files" in bold letters, and a yellow box with a woman and boy on the computer labeled "Quick Tasks." Once your there, go to the "Veiw and Manage Files" tab near the top of the page. Next, go to "Upload Files" under the "Navigate Your Website" title on the left side of the screen.

6. Next, under "Choose Files" header there should be some boxes you can type in, with a "Browse" button to their immediate right. Click that, find your picture, and open it. It should be in the box after you have opened it. Next, click "Upload." If it has successfully uploaded your picture, it should say so in a green bar at the top of the screen. "Click on "View and Manage Files" again, and it should be listed in the box in the middle of the screen.

7. Click on the name of your screenshot (It should be in blue). A little screen should open up with a bunch of options. Look for a little red triangle with and exclamation mark inside. To the immediate right, should be a blue link thing that says "Make File Public." Click that. It should take you back to the list of files. It should now say in
the right-most column under "Public?" "Yes" in green.

Next, you need to get the URL for your website. To do that, right click the "Home" tab in the upper left-hand part of the screen, and click "Open Link in New Tab." A new tab should open up at the very top of the screen that should be the home page for the Personal Webpage Service, the page with the yellow box and the boy with the woman on the computer. Within that yellow box, click "View my Site." Once your on the "Coming Soon" page that is your site, click the tab that has the list of files. Once your there, click on the name of your file again. At the bottom of the little screen is the file-name of your picture, after "As Filename." Copy what's in that box, go back to your webpage, and paste it after what's already in the adress box. Make sure you do not paste over ANYTHING already in the address box. Press enter, and you should see your picture, ready to be put in an application or on a thread.

At this point, you have two options:

Simply copy and paste what's in the address bar into where you type your posts, and it will appear as a link.
OR Above the very first smiley in the place you type your posts, there is a small button that when you hover over it, will say "Inserit Image." Click on that, and copy and paste your picture address between the "img" and the "/img." This will let the actual screenshot become visable in your post, instead of as a link.

Phew, that was a lot, and I hope it helped you. I know it looks like a long and complicated process, but once you get the hang of it you can do it in about 5 minutes. If you confused about something, feel free to ask. If for whatever reason this doesn't work for you, you can either look for another tutorial, or we can meet up in game and I can upload a picture for you.

Offline Wolf}

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Trust No One. If you want your secrets Safe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 04:49:55 pm »
My computer wont let Me!! O.O i dont like my computer Ok well thats a lie but its driving me crazy *sreams* o.O

"I Believe I can Fly!"

Offline Skywolf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 06:18:04 pm »
Could you say a little more than just "My computer won't let me?" What exactly is your computer not letting you do, as in what step are you stuck on? I might be able to help you if you describe your problem in greater detail.

Offline Wolf}

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 12:27:12 am »
It says File is too big but its smaller than the max

"I Believe I can Fly!"

Offline Skywolf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 01:25:23 am »
What step are you on?

Offline Wolf}

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 01:29:57 am »
I just sixed it smaller than the max and tried to post my dad helped me

"I Believe I can Fly!"

Offline Skywolf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 01:37:48 am »
What? Your on step 6?

Not meaning to be rude, but could you use proper spelling and grammar? It would make this process much easier.

If you are actually on step six, what percentage of your Total Disk does it say your using? Look to the immediate right of "View and Manage Files"

Offline Wolf}

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 04:03:51 pm »
Oh sorry about the spelling i miss that sometimes and ill get my dad to help me and read the steps over but over all he looks like yours.

"I Believe I can Fly!"

Offline Skywolf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 11:04:41 pm »
Wolf, I've seen you post picture links before in other threads. Just give me the link to the picture and I can work with it.

Offline Wolf}

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 12:34:59 am »

"I Believe I can Fly!"