Author Topic: Vampire Hybrids || Members Needed! || ALL Ranks open!  (Read 11159 times)

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Vampire Hybrids || Members Needed! || ALL Ranks open!
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:58:55 pm »
Well, I was debating on sharing my lovely species with the public, for fear of no one liking them. ^.^" But I decided to do it anyways. xD  ((Referance Note: I'll refer to them simply as Hybrids during this, but the species name is Vampire Hybrids.))

What is a Hybrid?/Habits: A Hybrid is somewhat a cross between a Vampire and a wolf. Hybrids are a usually peaceful species, venturing out at night due to their severe intolerance for daylight. Spending only ten minutes in full sunlight can result in a full-body burn, leaving them sore and near-paralyzed for the next few nights. However, a few Hybrids have figured out that by eating a certain leaf, they will gain 1-hour tolerance for the daylight. However, once that hour expires, they'll be burned almost instantly. During they day, they can often be found asleep in trees or flowery bushes. However, if there is no suitable trees or bushes nearby, they often will dash into the water and curl up beneath it's surface, their noses just tipping the waves so they can breathe. Hybrids do not have a need to eat often, only needing to find prey every half a month or so, (However they do need to drink water frequently) as they steal energy from the moonlight. Only about once every six months do they need to drink blood from a live animal, though they never drain enough blood to kill the animal.

Habitat: Hybrids move with the pack. They are usually found in Flourite, Cape, or Bonfire, however they have also been seen in Atlantis and Last Cave.

Appearance: Hybrids are usually thin creatures, with large dark wings and long, slicked ears (Back ears) for wind resistance. Their pelts are dark black/blue/purple with lighter grey markings, to help them hide in the darkness. Their eyes are larger than a normal wolf's, with slit pupils. (Whole slit)

Size: Hybrid adults are usually on the smaller side ((The maximum side is maybe a centimeter or two to the right of the default size)), though a few are just plain runts.

Pelt: Always under 50 for all values, can lean towards pure black, darker grey, dark blue or dark purple. Markings are a very fine grey, usually around 90-130 for all values.

Colony Life: Hybrids all live in one giant Colony, roosting in the same/nearby trees/bushes, though they often split up during the night and later meet up at the same sleeping area in the day. Every day, a handful of fit, healthy Hybrids are chosen as Guards to stay awake during the day, to keep watch over the sleeping Colony.

Lifespan Surpisingly, healthy Hybrids can live for about 20-30 years, depending on their health, age, rank, and gender.

Breeding/Pups: To catch a female's attention, male Hybrids usually bring the female elaborate gifts. Depending on the two Hybrids, there can be many things brought to a female, but some items that have been found are shiny pieces of natural glass, smooth or glittery stones, and long, beautiful feathers. Once a female's attention has been caught, the two Hybrids get to know each other deeply. If they decide they want to become mates, the Hybrids will find a quiet, hidden spot away from the Colony and stay there a few days. Once both Hybrids are ready, they will begin a mating ritual that differs from Hybrid to Hybrid. Later that night they will return to the Colony carrying bright orange flowers to symbolize that they are now mates. If the female is going to have pups, gestation is 5-6 months and litters are anywhere from 1-4. Once she is 2 months away from giving birth, she and her mate will leave the Colony and find a secluded, safe place for the female to give birth and raise her pups. Hybrid pups are born blind, deaf, and furless, with tiny, stubby wings. In the next month, the father will daily bring his mate small prey like rabbits or squirrels, and the pups will grow rapidly. Within one month, the pups' fur will grow in, a dark grey, and their eyes will open. Their wings will not be strong enough to fly on until they are 3 months old, but they will stay in their mother's den until that point. Once they are able to fly, the mother and father bring them back to the Colony and re-join the Colony. Pups' growth slows, and they are ready to eat solid food at 6 months. At 18 months the pups are fully grown and ready to mate, though Hybrids rarely mate that early in their lives.

Coloration
Pelt: Dark colors, always under 30 for all values. Can be pure black/grey, tinted purple or tinted blue.
Underfur: Must be a shade of grey, under 80 for all values. Females generally have a lighter colored Underbelly than males.
Eyes: Can be any color, though a piercing yellow is the most common.
Above Eyes: 10 (all values) higher than Underfur.
Below Eyes: Same color as Pelt
Nose: Any color, but must be a dark shade of that color. (100 or below for at least two values.)
Tailtip: Must be a dark shade of red or purple. Under 40 for all values.
Mane: Can be black/grey, dark blue or dark purple. Must be under 50 for all values.
Markings: Must be a shade of grey. Under 120 for all values, but above 80 for all values.
Equip: Must be 20 or below for all values. Must be tinted purple or blue.

How to make a Hybrid:
Males

Tail: Wolf tail, Thin tail.
Mane: Center, Flame, Forward, Forwards Mohawk, Backwards Mohawk
Eyes: Whole Slit
Ears: Back Ears
Tufts: Elbow Tuft, Elbow Rump, Full Arm
Body Markings: Siamese, Marble, Bubbles, Underfur, Husky, Toeless Socks, Husky 2
Head Markings: Mask
Tail Markings: Highlight, Siamese, German Shepard, Spotted Hyena, Husky

Females

Tail: Wolf tail, Thin tail
Mane: Eyecover, Side, Center
Eyes: Whole Slit
Ears: Back Ears
Tufts: Elbow Tuft, Elbow Rump
Body Markings: Siamese, Marble, Bubbles, Underfur, Husky, Toeless Socks, Husky 2
Head Markings: Mask
Tail Markings: Highlight, Siamese, German Shepard, Spotted Hyena, Husky

Want to make one? Please, fill out the form below. However, if you are making one: Send a 'Join Request' to the group Vampire Hybrids. This is the Hybrid Pack, and it is HIGHLY preferred to join if you make a Hybrid. Thank you~!

In-game Username:
Character Name:
Personality:
Other:
Picture:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:00:41 pm by Jennifer »

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Hybrids
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 07:59:39 pm »
Current Hybrid count: 4

Male Alpha: N/A
Female Alpha: N/A
Beta(s): N/A
Hunters: MoonDew, Shade, Opal, Katjaa, Umbra, Draike
Queens: N/A
Pups: N/A
Gammas: N/A

Hybrids Away-From-Colony:
-None-

Known Hybrids:
MoonDew - Frozenflame - Female - Teen
Shade - moonlight123 - Male - Teen
Opal - SoulSisterWolf - Female - Teen
Katjaa - SilverMarie - Female - Pup/Tween
Umbra - mistywarrior - Female - Pup/Tween
Draike - ChloRill - Male - Adult
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:49:59 pm by Jennifer »

Offline SoulSisterWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • hay hw u all doin 2nite
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Hybrids || Members Needed! || ALL Ranks open!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 05:22:00 am »
In-game Username: SoulSisterWolf
Character Name: Opal
Personality: Quiet and almost never wants to fight. She has a sharp tongue that she rarely uses and often tries to avoid others if they come her way. But deep down inside she is very loyal, and once she becomes your friend she'll be there for you untill the end.
Other: turtles c:
Picture:

If i need to edit anything, please let me know.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:38:45 am by ~SoulSisterWolf~ »
i dunno what to put here, so...hi. how's it going.

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 07:03:02 pm »
Opal, hm? She's perfect. :3  (Also, thank you for noticing this breed. I was worried no one would like them. ^.^" )

I'll add her to the list right away, if she'd like to be the Alpha Female just let me know. ((It's totally fine if you don't want her to be, though. ;3)) I'll also add her to the pack as soon as I can get on the game server, welcome to the Colony!

EDIT: Oh, one small thing; Is she considered a teen or an adult? (Some Hybrids mature eariler in life, some later in life. So it's up to you.)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:06:05 pm by Jennifer »

Offline SoulSisterWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • hay hw u all doin 2nite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:08:07 pm »
Thank you, and no problem. :33

And i suppose she could be Alpha Female. But aren't alpha's usually...Older? xD;

She's a teen. She wont be a adult untill she's 16 years old.
i dunno what to put here, so...hi. how's it going.

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 04:45:41 am »
In-game Username: SilverMarie
Character Name: Katjaa
Nickname: Kat
Personality: Katjaa is a very kind individual, she tends to be the calmest out of everybody. But she also has a very aggressive, but that side is almost never showed.
History: She doesn't know anything about her past. All she remembers is just waking up with hybrids surrounding her, they don't know what happened to her eiter.
Picture:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:37:27 pm by Miki_ »

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 09:09:55 pm »
@~SoulSisterWolf~: Good point. Alphas are *usually* the oldest in the Colony, or whoever's the most capable at the time. xD   And thank you for sharing, I'll mark her down as a teen. (Gah... We need adults! XD)

@Meliae: Oh, thank you for noticing this breed! I'm excited to see the newest Hybrid!

SIDE NOTE: Just thought of this, it'd be preferred if you gave your Hybrid a Bio. :3

EDIT: Wow, Meliae, Katjaa is beatiful. Simply amazing. =3  Send a 'Join Request' to the group 'Vampire Hybrids' when you get online~! :3
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:12:42 pm by Jennifer »

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 05:17:08 am »
Bump? ^.^"

EDIT: Oh no, I forgot to put MoonDew's profile on here! *facepalm*  Here you go, for anyone who wants this...

In-game Username: Frozenflame
Character Name: MoonDew
Personality: MoonDew is *usually* quiet and calm, often viewed as emotionless or dead-tired. However, if you can break her shell, she's actually a sweet creature, if you don't mind the sarcasm. However, MoonDew also has a strong temper and spirit, and will boldly fight to the death for something she believes in.
Other: ((First Hybrid, yay! xD))
Picture:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:43:23 pm by Jennifer »

Offline mistywarrior

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Gravity Falls <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 06:26:41 am »
In-game Username: mistywarrior
Character Name: Umbra
Personality: She is mostly calm and she is very kind. She is a tough fighter but it almost never shows unless you anger her.
Other: How do you put pictures here? ???
Picture: How do you put pictures here? ???
Find me in-game as mistywarrior

Offline mistywarrior

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Gravity Falls <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 06:27:26 am »
I will put pictures once I know how. Sorry.
Find me in-game as mistywarrior