Author Topic: Dream-Eating Monochrome Baki  (Read 10882 times)

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ...with Only My Railgun...
    • View Profile
Dream-Eating Monochrome Baki
« on: October 26, 2012, 06:38:01 pm »

Dream-Eating Monochrome Baki

The Dream-Eating Monochrome Baki [sing. Baku] (Canis Alba Nigra) is a species of Canid native to the wilderness and remote areas of Asilia, Ficho Tunnel, and Fluorite Plains. Males average to grow to about 43-47 kg, with the females being slightly smaller, adults averaging in to about 38-41.3 kg. It is similar in body physique to that of a grey wolf, or other large canines, but has a deeper chest and long, slender legs built for running at top speeds of 46 mph. The fur of a Monochrome Baku is usually long, but thin and sleek, and is usually shades of grey, black, or white in coloring.

Within the genus Canis, Monochrome Baki are deemed much more advanced than their wolf, coyote, and domestic cousins, as demonstrated by their higher endurance, intelligence, and speed. While it didn't undergo the morphological adaptations a wolf did, it went under some changes of it's own, such as larger ears and thinner, longer tails for communication, and the fangs they use to feed with. It is a social animal, traveling in a large group of family members and strangers alike, in a fashion similar to a kingdom, lead by the King and Queen, then closely kept in line with Officers and the like. It feeds mostly on the essence of various dreams, but has been shown capable of eating smaller animals, such as fish, rabbits, and mice.

Anatomy

The Monochrome Baku is a slender, wily animal with a large, deeply descending ribcage and a sloping back. It's abdomen is pulled in, and it's neck is moderately muscled. It's limbs are long and well muscled, with wide shoulders and tapering paws leading to five toes on the front paws, and four on the back. Compared to wolves, Baku are smaller and thinner.

The Baku's head is small and light, with a short, tapering muzzle and a wide forehead and strong jaws. Their ears are longer and triangular, and it's teeth are mostly small (more suitable for eating small prey) with four sharp, needle-like fangs that help them harvest their fill of dreams.

The Baku normally carries it's head up high, unless stalking prey, and it travels with a trotting pace, lifting it's paws high as if cantering.

Base coat color ranges from white to black, with varying patterns of in between shades of grey. There can be no color in their coat besides black, grey, and white, hence the name "Monochrome". The eye color of the offspring, (often referred to as cubs) are generally colorless, usually exhibiting a faint shade of color of the color their eyes may be. Fully mature Baki usually have brightly colored eyes of a single color, with the usual whites of the eyes being black, and the slitlike pupil the same. To all Mary-Sues: Baki eyes can NOT change color with mood. EVER. Baki hate the irregular, so any signs of this would be killed at birth. You have been warned. There is NO acceptance!

Behavior

Social and Territorial Behaviors

Although some Baki are solitary, they've proven to be highly social in behavior, living in units of up to thirty members. The basic social unit of the pack is divided into three archs; The Monarchs and their Offspring, The Elders and the Sages, and the Guards and Hunters. In ideal conditions, the elder offspring of the Monarchs will succeed their parents after choosing a mate, and any others would become either Sages, or Lords/Ladies, put almost on the same arch as their sibling. They are generally open to newcomers, but are defensive over their host pack, or the pack of wolves or other such animals that they feed from. They are rather nomadic in nature, either just wandering aimlessly, or following their prey. They are monogamous, having a mating pair for life. They can give birth once every two years to a single (or rarely) two pups.

Vocal Communication

Monochrome Baki are capable of many sounds, such as growling, snarling, barking, small chuffing noises, whines, and loud whoops....and even cackling. However, they do not have the vocal capability to howl, therefore, they do not howl.

Subspecies

There are two subspecies of Monochrome Baki, and pups can be born as either, regardless of ancestry:
  • Nightmare Baki: are Baki who consume the Nightmares of their prey, and will sometimes leave Dreams for them. However, asking for Dreams means you pay a small price on the whim of the Baki. Long term supplies of Dreams to a single prey will result in the Baki probably asking higher, riskier prices...again on their imagination. These Baki are usually mainly white in coloration, but it can vary.
  • Dream Baki: are Baki who consume the Dreams of their sleeping prey, and leave Nightmares. This subspecies is generally seen as more harmful, and are liked less than their counterparts, even if they're both relatively parasitic. They do not make deals with their victims, and just feed when available. Generally darker in color, but lighter pelts are acceptable.
[/color][/font]

I will have screenshots up as soon as Feral Heart comes back online.

Use and Creation

The name and diet of the Monochrome Baki come from the song, "Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku", by Len Kagamine. Everything else, from the design to the social structure, belongs to me, so while I encourage the conservation of the great Baki, please do not claim them as your own. Please also note that if they don't follow the above specifications, they are not Baki. Please, if you have created one, tell me below!

Screenshot:
Name:
Species:
Personality:
Are you making a Kingdom?:
Rating on the species:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:35:02 pm by Karakuri »
Anonimousity. It's like we're faceless...but with faces. Do I even logic?

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Dream-Eating Monochrome Baki
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 11:36:34 pm »
I have now added pictures! Yaaaay!

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:17:19 am »
<3333 Vocaloid... Len's my favorite. x3
This is such a great species... The temptation was too much.
I made it a near-white gray, if it's okay. It looks greenish due to the fur texture...

Screenshot:

Name: Naiad
Species: Nightmare Baki
Personality: timetoslackoffAlways circumspect in behavior, though at times making space for those eternally despised occurrences named "mistakes". Rather unforgiving of others if by chance they interfere in his daily life without consent, although not the kind to push others aside at first glimpse. Rather curious as well, though keeping his traditionally careful behavior all through any "exploration".
Are you making a Kingdom?: Eh, nope.
Rating on the species: 5/5. c:

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 03:47:59 pm »
Excellent! I love the color and the character all together! And the fact you're a Vocaloid fan too makes me happy! ^u^

Offline CreamWolf

• OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 01:06:03 am »
x3 Whoo, good to know I followed all the guidelines -- I was a tad worried that it wouldn't meet the species' requirements. ~ Hey, and it's also great to find another Vocaloid fan. ;w;

#BlameRingo

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 10:19:48 am »
I'll post Andrian's in a little while. I'm also making a kingdom, would you be interested?

Offline CreamWolf

• OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 04:55:20 pm »
Ooh, I'll be waiting for that to happen. ~ And that sounds quite tempting in itself, so I'd be glad to join.

#BlameRingo

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 12:49:08 am »
Is this still active? ;' I need to start using FeralHearts again as it lays on my desktop, collecting dust.. :3

Offline CreamWolf

• OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 02:27:51 am »
Is this still active? ;' I need to start using FeralHearts again as it lays on my desktop, collecting dust.. :3
Well this isn't exactly a group - and I still use my character of this species, so I guess so. xD

#BlameRingo

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 02:35:56 am »
ono;' Oh, I'm sorry. I never ventured this far out into the forums (Off-Topic is my home base), so I'm just a bit new to this whole.. group.. roleplaying..online..stuff.. Thank you for answering my question though. (+floof!)