Author Topic: The Cylars  (Read 8598 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Re: The Cylars
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 04:48:55 am »
This is a very in depth species and with the good history behind them. Your characters and presets are really well done also, thanks for sharing this species. ~ Love the video about Subject 16, by the by.
(I don't know why but anytime I think of magic dust, I think about The Golden Compass.)   
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 11:06:30 pm »
This is a very in depth species and with the good history behind them. Your characters and presets are really well done also, thanks for sharing this species. ~ Love the video about Subject 16, by the by.
(I don't know why but anytime I think of magic dust, I think about The Golden Compass.)   

Thank you. They were kinda thrown together roughly, but I'm hoping to flesh both my characters and the history out a bit more. I may even make a whole world for them instead of just Earth. Subject 16 is one of my favorites actually. I plan on another video for him soon, when I'm not swamped with other projects.

(I actually having seen the movie/read the book in quite a long while. But there's prolly influences taken from all over the places. Assassin's Creed being the heavy influence for Subject 16.)

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
[]
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 07:39:59 am »
[]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:33:41 pm by nubeees »

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 01:17:05 pm »
This is amazing! I love the video, presets, everything! Too bad those items are private, I'm jelly. ;w;

Once again, a great species!

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 02:54:25 pm »
Very well done species! :D
I've never thought of putting a video into any of my species posts, so that is pretty neat!

Thanks. I didn't really think about it until I was messing around with more characters. Plus I wanted to make something for Mason to begin with.

This is amazing! I love the video, presets, everything! Too bad those items are private, I'm jelly. ;w;

Once again, a great species!

Thank you. Yeah, sorry about private items. I would give them out but I got in trouble for even converting them. When I explained that they were strictly for video use and I wasn't giving them out, it wasn't so bad.

Okay so a little note. I have some horrible news. My cylars have been plagiarized. Someone took the information stated in Mason's video and put it in their bio, with no credit to me. It was nearly word for word.

I came across this when I was looking through the Feral Heart tags on Tumblr and to say the least I am hurt and angry.

The first FIVE bulleted information was taken from Mason's video. I don't know who this is or their design for the character, but it is rather upsetting to find this out. Now, I would take drastic measures, by taking down all information by my Cylars, but I won't because I know people like them. It would have been different if they took inspiration, and maybe not so blatantly plagiarized, but that is not the case.

If you'd like to understand why I'm a bit angered by this is because I've dealt with a lot of people copying me. http://cuterobinlover.deviantart.com/journal/Here-s-a-little-tidbit-401758289

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:46:59 am by TangledBowties »

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
[]
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 05:24:14 pm »
[]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:33:51 pm by nubeees »

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 11:06:29 pm »
So I managed to get in contact with the thief. She was considerate enough to change and apologized. There are a lot of other thieves apparently but for now the current problem has been solved.

Offline Oslo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 06:51:39 am »
//Edited: Old post
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 06:38:53 am by Oslo »
i'm here once a blue moon

Offline ElDorko

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • We're all mad here..
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 02:12:44 pm »
Amazing ^-^ Keep up this amazing work. Very creative and unique, indeed!
Psalms 118:6 "The Lord is on my side. I shall not fear. What can man do to me?"

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 08:39:34 pm »
Can I ask, if I join this, what can you start out as? A normal feline/canine?

Join as in make a Cylar? They're rare creatures and I'd rather not have tons running around seeing as I'm already having them be stolen.

There is a roleplay group being made for where they live, but I haven't linked it. I'll put it up when I get the chance.

Amazing ^-^ Keep up this amazing work. Very creative and unique, indeed!

Thank you ;D